Morecambe 1(Shuker) - Crewe 2

Re: Morecambe 1(Shuker) - Crewe 2

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Of course we all know about his history and his antics in the York match and the challenge on Drench, but yet again Clayton Donaldson impressed me highly today.

Would still love to see him in a Morecambe shirt one day.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Him and Miller would be just mouth watering. :(
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:and the challenge on Drench...

The one where Drench flattened him as he was about to score?

I'd agree that he'd be superb in our team though!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Keith wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:and the challenge on Drench...

The one where Drench flattened him as he was about to score?

I'd agree that he'd be superb in our team though!

That's the one Keith !!!! Muppetry on my part there. I thought I'd got away with that !! :lol:

Quality player though. Crap hairdo.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Morecambe 0 - 2 Crewe

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Dare I say Sammy is on borrowed time? Saw John Coleman in the stand today. Was he spying for Boxing Day or checking out a potential employer? :shock: :lol: ;)

:?:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:his negative ways are rubbing off on the whole squad and the fans.

Agreed, we never have a top scorer in the charts because we are too negative.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:Oh. One more thing. The Globe arena is just not our home. It feels crap. I hate going to it and i can really see why other fans say it is crap because it really is.

How much is this down to the results we have had since the move?

The view from the top of the Peter Mc Stand was great today and has a covered concourse and a TV with the game on and Sky Sports at half time. Problem is there is no atmosphere at all. I was doing a bit of shouting and folk were moving away. It was like a library!

I know it will cost money but the club really needs to offer the same facilities to the MBW Stand. The fans behind the goal are the life and soul of the club and need to be treated better to keep them coming in numbers.

1,793 was a shocking low attendance for this fixture. However I fear it may get even worse.

Yes, I agree. It felt like sitting in a bar on the moon...no atmosphere.
Throughout the whole game in Blocks D & E there was total apathy from the fans, they could have been cardboard cutouts positioned in their seats, maybe they were too cold to shout or do anything. One or two even started taking the michael out of the team sarcastically as in : " Oh, Sammy's trying something different, a sub is on in the first half!" Where was the singing in the MBW stand? They were absolutely garbage apart from a little murmuring halfway through the second half.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Gnasher » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Some of the high, & low, lights,

http://www.youtube.com/user/h1g1#p/u
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby james456 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Re Shukers goal, was it via a deflection?
james456

Postby JJ1532 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:30 pm

tell you what people, thought Shuker looked lively and i think he should get more game time.

Roche was brilliant and Jevons didn't have a bad game.

i definatley wouldn't be all doom and gloom. on another day you could quite easily have won that. chins up, your going to the only team who haven't won a home league game this season. plenty to be positive about imo.
JJ1532

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:Oh. One more thing. The Globe arena is just not our home. It feels crap. I hate going to it and i can really see why other fans say it is crap because it really is.

How much is this down to the results we have had since the move?

The view from the top of the Peter Mc Stand was great today and has a covered concourse and a TV with the game on and Sky Sports at half time. Problem is there is no atmosphere at all. I was doing a bit of shouting and folk were moving away. It was like a library!

I know it will cost money but the club really needs to offer the same facilities to the MBW Stand. The fans behind the goal are the life and soul of the club and need to be treated better to keep them coming in numbers.

1,793 was a shocking low attendance for this fixture. However I fear it may get even worse.

Yes, I agree. It felt like sitting in a bar on the moon...no atmosphere.
Throughout the whole game in Blocks D & E there was total apathy from the fans, they could have been cardboard cutouts positioned in their seats, maybe they were too cold to shout or do anything. One or two even started taking the michael out of the team sarcastically as in : " Oh, Sammy's trying something different, a sub is on in the first half!" Where was the singing in the MBW stand? They were absolutely garbage apart from a little murmuring halfway through the second half.

Aww diddums, were nasty people criticising Sammys subsitution ability? he cant make good subs, simply put. Performance was much better, spencer, charnock,roche and stanley standout. should have won as we had umerous chances.jevons penaly was one of the wrst ive ever seen. nice to see stanners having more shots
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

JJ1532 wrote:tell you what people, thought Shuker looked lively and i think he should get more game time.

i definatley wouldn't be all doom and gloom. on another day you could quite easily have won that. chins up, your going to the only team who haven't won a home league game this season. plenty to be positive about imo.

IN A CHEESY way f..k o..
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby JJ1532 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
JJ1532 wrote:tell you what people, thought Shuker looked lively and i think he should get more game time.

IN A CHEESY way f..k o..
whats the need for that? i'm not trying to rub anything in if thats what it looks like.
JJ1532

Postby Pobble » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am

Seasider9601 wrote:I just wish we would SHOOT a bit more !!!!

Why don`t we shoot the whole Management Team. !!!!
Pobble

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:20 am

yeah wow shute the hole teem, brilliant OMG no, FRIDGE FREEZER, gosh i said it :oops:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 am

mrpotatohead wrote:yeah wow shute the hole teem, brilliant OMG no, FRIDGE FREEZER, gosh i said it :oops:

It's ok. My Missus went to town and carried it home, I no longer need it :lol: :lol:

I SAID IT.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:26 am

is your missus a fifteen year old called oxana darren :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:43 am

I agree with much of that but we beat Shrewsbury at home so we broke that duck.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Fair comments but it's the same every week attendance have now starting to drop 1,700+ is crap for an all north west tie. Maybe a change is needed and some new ideas.
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm

We have played much worse than that and won games, but the fact remains that we do keep conceding goals to defensive mistakes and lapses in concentration, add that to the fact that we struggle to score goals and the outcome becomes predictable.

The fact that stands out and has done all season is that our strikers have to receive the ball with their backs to goal while the opposition usually have the ball played in front of them to run on to, we didn't have pace up front and they did and that for me is the only reason they won.

If you took the pace away from Donaldson would he be a better player than Jevons, No.

We did play some very good football yesterday but its a bit like a chess match because we cant play the ball in behind the defence we have to play backwards and sideways trying to work a opening, the problem is by then they have everybody behind the ball making it exceedingly difficult to get a clear shoot on target.

At least one forward player with real pace has to be a priority in the transfer window.
steve mfc

Postby Martin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Keith wrote:

I think he means we've got Hereford next and it's they who have not yet won at home.
Martin

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Martin wrote:
Keith wrote:

I think he means we've got Hereford next and it's they who have not yet won at home.

Oh yes, so he does! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And after I took the rip out of Sammy in another thread for not reading my post properly :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 pm

:D :D Don't worry Kieth, we all do it, even the mighty.
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion