Re: Morecambe 0 - 1 Crewe

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Duffy is on for McCready.

Possession says it is 50-50
essex_shrimp

Postby marky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 pm

0-2 at half time. Not good.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 pm

marky wrote:0-2 at half time. Not good.

Perhaps we should have a player sent off.......
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Morecambe 0 - 2 Crewe

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Jevons was useless today, no movement, and correct me if i am wrong but we had 5 shots in the hole game 3 from Stanley 1 from Shuker (the goal) and 1 from jevons (the penalty). And dont even get me started on the penalty.....I am really starting to get worried about this season. And we MUST sign a striker as soon as possible. And to conclude my rant why the hell did Hendrie not come on?
:evil:
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby marky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:42 pm

According to the stats, we actually had 19 attempts on goal, 20 if you include the missed penalty. We did only have 5 on target though.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Well I am waiting for the radio interview at half time of the burnley vs derby game.

And could be at work this evening.

I can see why you fans want Sammy sacked but I can not really see this happening :?:
essex_shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

marky wrote:According to the stats, we actually had 19 attempts on goal, 20 if you include the missed penalty. We did only have 5 on target though.

...and that actually reflects the game. We had plenty of shots but everything was off target and you just knew the way it had been going all game, we would miss the penalty too. They beat us today with one thing - PACE! It got them all of their chances. "One of those days" you could say; but we are having too many of them!

Positives:

-I thought Charnock looked very good
-Stanley played well
-Baz keeping us in the game as usual
-Thought hunter played well going forward with lots of energy

Negatives:

-Same old defensive mistakes (McCready [the one who is "better defensively" than Artell, apparently] in particular before he went off)
- Serious problems up front in converting chances
-Jevons particularly poor today
Morecambe Jack

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
marky wrote:According to the stats, we actually had 19 attempts on goal, 20 if you include the missed penalty. We did only have 5 on target though.

...and that actually reflects the game. We had plenty of shots but everything was off target and you just knew the way it had been going all game, we would miss the penalty too. They beat us today with one thing - PACE! It got them all of their chances. "One of those days" you could say; but we are having too many of them!

Positives:

-I thought Charnock looked very good
-Stanley played well
-Baz keeping us in the game as usual
-Thought hunter played well going forward with lots of energy

Negatives:

]-Same old defensive mistakes (McCready [the one who is "better defensively" than Artell, apparently] in particular before he went off)
- Serious problems up front in converting chances
-Jevons particularly poor today

Everyone has an off day once in a while. Get off his back.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Pipe down Matty I'm hardly on his back - but he made a few mistakes today despite being on the pitch for what, 25 minutes. I assume in fact that he wasnt fully fit and thats why he went off.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Not really in the mood to reason with people.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Like Morecambe Jack says, pace was the main difference between the two sides. From the first couple of minutes to the last, they were able to hoof it forward and cause problems in the centre of our defence just by running at us. If you can't defend against that, what can you defend against?

Negatives -

-No pace
-Can't finish
-Too prone to mistakes at the moment
-No one in the team at the moment who is a danger from set plays
-Jevo with his first pen miss

Positives -

-Charnock looks decent
-If their keeper wasn't so brilliant, we could have won 4-2 or so. Creating chances not such a problem although quite a lot were from range...
-A couple of players did well (Roche, Fleming etc)
james456

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote: -Jevons particularly poor today

I thought Jevo looked sharp today. Seemed to have some good touches and had a tidy finish in the first half, although the whistle had already gone. No excuses though with the penalty. :evil:

Lost the game today by being too static, and not having enough aggression, particularly going forward. We have lacked confidence in front of goal all season.

Dare I say Sammy is on borrowed time? Saw John Coleman in the stand today. Was he spying for Boxing Day or checking out a potential employer? :shock: :lol: ;)
Wild Bill

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Positives:
We acctually looked good for long periods of the game and pinend them back well.
We started to have a go at shots from distance.
We did make some good moves throughout the game and looked like we would get a point.
Charnock looked good and solid, Wilson had a good game aswell. As did Rochey and Spencer.

Negatives:
McCready had a shocker, i really felt for him.
We messed about with the ball a bit too much.
I thought it was predictable that the keeper would save the penalty, couldn't understnad why they didn't let Stanners just smash it down the middle.
Sammy looked so disinterested today. He is losing the faith, as am i.

I never thought i would say this, but Sammy has to go. He really does, his negative ways are rubbing off on the whole squad and the fans. Sorry but it has to be. :(
Oh. One more thing. The Globe arena is just not our home. It feels crap. I hate going to it and i can really see why other fans say it is crap because it really is.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Oh. One more thing. The Globe arena is just not our home. It feels crap. I hate going to it and i can really see why other fans say it is crap because it really is.

How much is this down to the results we have had since the move?

The view from the top of the Peter Mc Stand was great today and has a covered concourse and a TV with the game on and Sky Sports at half time. Problem is there is no atmosphere at all. I was doing a bit of shouting and folk were moving away. It was like a library!

I know it will cost money but the club really needs to offer the same facilities to the MBW Stand. The fans behind the goal are the life and soul of the club and need to be treated better to keep them coming in numbers.

1,793 was a shocking low attendance for this fixture. However I fear it may get even worse.
Wild Bill

Re: Morecambe 1(Shuker) - Crewe 2

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't even care about the results. I would much rather be back at CP right now. It is our home and thats where the soul of this club still remains.
People in PMG are treated like the royal family. People in the MBW are treat like peasants. Its shocking, the whole stadium lacks character.
If only we could have CP back.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:I don't even care about the results. I would much rather be back at CP right now. It is our home and thats where the soul of this club still remains.
People in PMG are treated like the royal family. People in the MBW are treat like peasants. Its shocking, the whole stadium lacks character.
If only we could have CP back.

I share your views but we need to move on from CP as it is now a supermarket!

Some decent results a roof over the concourse and some organisation on the catering and we will start to settle. CP used to be every bit as quiet as the Globe was today when we were playing crap in front of 1700.
Wild Bill

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Am i the only person that acctually thought we never played too badly? :shock:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Am i the only person that acctually thought we never played too badly? :shock:

nah i agree the most notable thing today was the positive effect of Mullin not playing we played the ball on the deck to feet and the quality of football in genral was much better

and i was pleased for Shuker scoring it will do is confidence good
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 206624.stm

Dario of Crewe saying their performance was one of their worst this season :o

He hit the nail on the head though when he said that we play some neat football but had to try to use clever play instead of pace to get anywhere.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm

james456 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/9206624.stm

He hit the nail on the head though when he said that we play some neat football but had to try to use clever play instead of pace to get anywhere.

its right think we should be looking bring in a pacy left footed winger aswell as striker am having my doubts about Rundle
George Dawes

Postby Loglayer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm

We lack pace and need a proven goalscorer.
If we loose at Hereford next week then I really fear for us, and for sammy Mac. :(
Loglayer

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Loglayer wrote:We lack pace and need a proven goalscorer.
If we loose at Hereford next week then I really fear for us, and for sammy Mac. :(

If we lose at Hefeford it's hard to see where we can go without major changes. After spending so long trying to get into the league it would be a shame to throw it all away after just 4 years.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 pm

I just wish we would SHOOT a bit more !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Am i the only person that acctually thought we never played too badly? :shock:

I thought we were poor in the first half. Sammy said on The Bay that their keeper was their MotM and made three great saves but Barry kept us in it and was arguably our MotM, they could have had five. Defence was very fragile and they could have scored even earlier than they did.

Second half was different and yes, I think in the end, we deserved something from the game. But the reality is we're in a relegation dogfight and we can't afford to keep waiting until we're losing before getting our act together.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion