relegation fight

relegation fight

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 am

we are facing relegation, by 2 points, I do not think we will go down as barnet and hereford are even crapper than us, but the failed town are to blame, not the players, board or anyone else, we should be turning up en masse, and giving the team a feeling of support, yeah wow, support, next saturday, by the way GG... [edit] behave...
borat is so funny, yes :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: relegation fight

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 am

Form might not be great but if we carry on picking up on average a point or so a game I think we will be good to stay up. Personally I think we will pick up more points in the second half of the season and hopefully finish in the top half. Take away the poor performance against Lincoln and we have actually played some decent football in the last month.

The town has backed the club this season but unfortunately poor results and disappointing facilities (for the home end supporters in particular) have meant crowds have dropped off in recent weeks, particularly as the bad weather has started.

Lets all get behind the lads on Saturday and get the MBW rocking. Two wins in the next couple of weeks and the table will suddenly look a lot prettier. :D
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:01 am

Wild Bill wrote:Form might not be great but if we carry on picking up on average a point or so a game I think we will be good to stay up. Personally I think we will pick up more points in the second half of the season and hopefully finish in the top half. Take away the poor performance against Lincoln and we have actually played some decent football in the last month.

The town has backed the club this season but unfortunately poor results and disappointing facilities (for the home end supporters in particular) have meant crowds have dropped off in recent weeks, particularly as the bad weather has started.

Lets all get behind the lads on Saturday and get the MBW rocking. Two wins in the next couple of weeks and the table will suddenly look a lot prettier. :D

mrpotatohead wrote:disappointing facilities (for the home end supporters in particular)

What a load of cr*p..... Facilities may not be what you expected (whatever those are) but to suggest that facilities throughout the Stadium are disacppointing is ridiculous. Somebody who has been a regular at CP and at The Arena for as long as myself has actually said that it is only a very, very small group of fans who think that the MBW is disappointing and he's somebody who has stood on the North End at CP and continues to stand in the MBW. The catering could be better. but do you go to a football match purely for the catering?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:34 am

Well said CC
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:10 pm

For me the town has not backed the club attendaces are up but they are not at the levels they could be.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:24 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:For me the town has not backed the club attendaces are up but they are not at the levels they could be.

I'm sure every club would have similar sentiments.

We have to accept that the area is not football minded probably due to it not having much industry unlike Barrow who if in the league would quite easily get gates of 3000 in my opinion.
Christies Child

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Bare in mind people just dont have the money to go week in week out, at £15 a pop it is quite alot really.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:What a load of cr*p..... Facilities may not be what you expected (whatever those are) but to suggest that facilities throughout the Stadium are disacppointing is ridiculous. Somebody who has been a regular at CP and at The Arena for as long as myself has actually said that it is only a very, very small group of fans who think that the MBW is disappointing and he's somebody who has stood on the North End at CP and continues to stand in the MBW. The catering could be better. but do you go to a football match purely for the catering?

Whats this got to do with a relegation fight CC? I am suprised you haven't started a new thread! :roll:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Form might not be great but if we carry on picking up on average a point or so a game I think we will be good to stay up.

A point a game would probably get you relegated or at least take it to the last game or two which is something you do not want. And a point a game you deserve to get relegated.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:05 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:What a load of cr*p..... Facilities may not be what you expected (whatever those are) but to suggest that facilities throughout the Stadium are disacppointing is ridiculous. Somebody who has been a regular at CP and at The Arena for as long as myself has actually said that it is only a very, very small group of fans who think that the MBW is disappointing and he's somebody who has stood on the North End at CP and continues to stand in the MBW. The catering could be better. but do you go to a football match purely for the catering?

Whats this got to do with a relegation fight CC? I am suprised you haven't started a new thread! :roll:

Yawn..Yawn..Yawn..
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 pm

He has, its about Sammy parking at aldi or watching his paint dry or something :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 pm

9 points between a relegation spot and a play off place :o Not many teams are putting a run together either way. Bradford looked doomed when we played them, they won 4 then lost to Macc at home. Lincoln looked doomed a little while ago, they then played us and have won 2 in a row. Barnet, who were bottom scored 4 yesterday. If it is as close as this on the last day the top half will be playing for a play off place, while the bottom half will be twitching somewhat. Who says its boring?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Form might not be great but if we carry on picking up on average a point or so a game I think we will be good to stay up. Personally I think we will pick up more points in the second half of the season and hopefully finish in the top half. Take away the poor performance against Lincoln and we have actually played some decent football in the last month.

mrpotatohead wrote:disappointing facilities (for the home end supporters in particular)

What a load of cr*p..... Facilities may not be what you expected (whatever those are) but to suggest that facilities throughout the Stadium are disacppointing is ridiculous. Somebody who has been a regular at CP and at The Arena for as long as myself has actually said that it is only a very, very small group of fans who think that the MBW is disappointing and he's somebody who has stood on the North End at CP and continues to stand in the MBW. The catering could be better. but do you go to a football match purely for the catering?

I am assuming you go C block in the main stand? Facilities behind the goal have gone backwards, no doubt. Last season fans had two food outlets that were much cheaper and a bar with a gazebo a few tables and a patio heater. This season we have just one outlet with no cover and about the same amount of people to serve.

I genuinely hope the club can find a few grand in the summer to improve this as not only will it keep fans from moaning but should in the long run pay for itself with more turning up week in week out and more spending money on food and drink both pre-match and at half time.

But yes, back to the original thread. We are staying up!!!
Wild Bill

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 pm

The subject is a debate about the teams predicament, not sub standard catering etc affecting everyone apart from the elite PSM who think they are on the board.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:39 pm

marky No.1 wrote:9 points between a relegation spot and a play off place :o Not many teams are putting a run together either way. Bradford looked doomed when we played them, they won 4 then lost to Macc at home. Lincoln looked doomed a little while ago, they then played us and have won 2 in a row. Barnet, who were bottom scored 4 yesterday. If it is as close as this on the last day the top half will be playing for a play off place, while the bottom half will be twitching somewhat. Who says its boring?

Totally agree Marky, look at the whole of the football league and it is the same story. Surely a bigger gap will come soon?

All it takes is 3 or 4 wins on the trot and we are right back in the mix. It's just finding those wins.....
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 pm

tight margins are great for football and make an interesting season, great to see blackpool doing so well and chelsea/city not having a stroll in the park, hopefully we will have a good spell in the next month or so, hope yeahwow impresses in his trial week.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bryan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Have been to most home and away games this season so far. The footie's been dire for the most part. First half against Cheltenham on Saturday was unbelievably poor. Much improved in the second. But kinda sums up this season: Can't play for the whole ninety minutes!

Is anyone telling me that playing 4-5-1 at home (hopefully no more) has been good for getting fans through the turnstyle? Where are the incentives for getting young 'uns down to the club. Why not a 'quid a kid', until the New Year? Football's getting rather expensive and with Chrimbo coming up and a manager who seems unwilling to take the initiative at home anymore lets see some deals for fans who want to bring their families down.

Things can change very quickly in football. But we are in a new stadium and need to get as many new fans in as possible while the novelty is still there. And lets play some positive football for the whole ninety!
Bryan

Postby sgt major » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 pm

As long as there are Barnet and Hereford in our league, I think we are safe. (Sadly if they go down we lose some very good friends :( ). However, we should not be looking over our shoulders and expecting teams to fail below us, we should as Bryan has pointed out be attacking from the off and making it Fortress Globe. Sadly, apart from the two Carling Cup games and Stockport, I have NOT been thrilled by the negativity served up so far this season.

We WILL stay up :)
sgt major

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

We WILL stay up indeed. No doubt about it at all.

My early season prediction that Stockport County would struggle has been proved correct as well.

Unfortunately, I think Barnet will go.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion