O/T Aldi Car Park Promenade

O/T Aldi Car Park Promenade

Postby Christies Child » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am

Last Friday my wife and daughter went to a works do at The Bowl and parked in the Aldi Car Park from 7.30pm until just after 11pm. Bad mistake!

They have now received a fine for parking there over a 90 minute maximum. It says on the penalty sheet that signs are clearly displayed stating the parking restrictions in force. Does anybody know if there is actual lighting in the Aldi Car Park that enables signage showing the restrictions to be read in the dark? Also has anybody else been caught out parking in this area after the store has closed at night?

Thanks.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Aldi Car Park Promenade

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 am

There was an article in The Vis months ago CC, about this car park.

From what I remember, a camera takes a picture of your car registration going in and, again when you go back out of the car park.

If that gap between in and out is more than 2 hours, instant fine.

There are prominent signs in said car park, but if they are illuminated or not, I know not I'm afraid.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 am

Christies Child wrote:Last Friday my wife and daughter went to a works do at The Bowl and parked in the Aldi Car Park from 7.30pm until just after 11pm. Bad mistake!

They have now received a fine for parking there over a 90 minute maximum. It says on the penalty sheet that signs are clearly displayed stating the parking restrictions in force. Does anybody know if there is actual lighting in the Aldi Car Park that enables signage showing the restrictions to be read in the dark? Also has anybody else been caught out parking in this area after the store has closed at night?

Thanks.

I received a parking ticket from Aldi about 4 years ago. I went to buy something early doors about 9 am and left after about 15 minutes. Later that day I went back because I had forgotten to buy something.
They had pictures of my car going in at 9 am and leaving much later in the day.
Being an accountant I had kept the cash receipts for both my visits and these had the times detailed on them and I was able to send an appeal letter to their Manchester Office (address on back of receipt) explaining that I had been to their store twice and had not just stayed for the day in their car park. My appeal was successful and the fine was cancelled.
I know this doesn't help much with your fine but it might be worth sending an appeal and telling them how often you shop at Aldi and that you would like to be able to continue shopping there in future !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby drinkduffbeers » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:27 am

It's all just a game

You'll get a few letters, each one threatening more dire consequences than the last.
Those will be followed by letters from a "debt collection agency". Fear not..... they come from the same office, next desk.
If you are very lucky, you may get a couple from a "solicitor". These are written by either the office cleaner or the tea-boy, depending on whose turn it is that week.

Don't write.
Don't email.
Don't phone.

Do not reply or respond in any way to any of them.
Eventually, they'll get fed up and turn their attentions on some easier, less well-informed target.

Always remember that it is NOT a fine, it's an unenforcible [problem] invoice.

Just IGNORE
drinkduffbeers

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 am

Christies Child wrote:Last Friday my wife and daughter went to a works do at The Bowl and parked in the Aldi Car Park from 7.30pm until just after 11pm. Bad mistake!

And rightly so. Would you like somebody else's vehicle parked on your own private drive.

I hope the book is thrown hard towards your general direction.. ;) :D
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby drinkduffbeers » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 am

Total piece of mind for you

http://www.violetmount.com/scam.jpg
drinkduffbeers

Postby Shrimpman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm

council car park opposite the super bowl by the market is free after 6pm to 8am
Shrimpman

Postby MfcChris » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Everyone knows you are taking a risk when you park in a supermarket car park and then wander off elsewhere.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gnasher » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Shrimpman wrote:council car park opposite the super bowl by the market is free after 6pm to 8am

Is it? I thought all council car parks were £1 from 6pm to 8am?

Parked in an Aldi car park to go bowling and didn't check for any restrictions. Pay up.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Works do, won't Work pay for it?

Take that as a NO then :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks.

im curious,how much is the fine :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

Thanks.

im curious,how much is the fine :?:[/quote]

£70.. but £40 if settled before end of month.

They can wish......!!!!!!!

As for restrictions, it all depends on if they are clearly visible during the hours of darkness.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Why should it be up to Aldi to display their rules clearly? They parked in an ALDI car park with no intention to go into ALDI. Caught red handed, pay up.

So fed up of the pathetic attempts to get out of problems such as these by saying the signs weren't clear enough. The day Aldi buy the bowling alley, you have a case. Until then, admit it, they knew they weren't in the bowling alley car park.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Shrimpman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Gnasher wrote:
Shrimpman wrote:council car park opposite the super bowl by the market is free after 6pm to 8am

Is it? I thought all council car parks were £1 from 6pm to 8am?

Parked in an Aldi car park to go bowling and didn't check for any restrictions. Pay up.

Lancaster is £1.00 from 6pm to 8pm,Morecambe is free :)

I think there a few spaces for customers going bowling on the service road to Morrisons

Also 2 hours free on Morrisons then free after 11pm
Shrimpman

Postby wijit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 pm

As mentioned, it's not a fine, it's an invoice. You can argue that an invoice is the rsult of a service provided to you, they didn't provide a service-Aldi did. If Aldi want to invoice you then let them, and pay them.
You need not pay this, and nor should you. These companies try a thousand and one ways to extract money, and almost all are so close to the wrong side of the law they're laughable.
I'm pretty certain the signs don't say the car park is for Aldi customers only, and outside of buisness hours oif they don't want people parking there (what, with it being impossible to be a customer when they're shut!) then they have an option to lock the gates. Just wait until the Gypsies get hold of the knowledge there is an unlocked car park, new year celebrations again!
wijit

Postby Sammy h » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 am

Christies Child wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

Thanks.

im curious,how much is the fine :?:[/quote]

As for restrictions, it all depends on if they are clearly visible during the hours of darkness.

Your own fault. You stayed on their land, you pay the fine, I hope the book is thrown at you CC. Fingers crossed you might get a few years so then this board can be a peaceful place without speculation and rumours...........................................
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:27 am

WOW :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 am

yeah :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks for the constructive replies......everybody!

:(
Christies Child

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:51 am

CC Don't pay it, let us know what happens
Aspers

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:23 am

[im curious,how much is the fine :?:[/quote]

As for restrictions, it all depends on if they are clearly visible during the hours of darkness.[/quote]

Your own fault. You stayed on their land, you pay the fine, I hope the book is thrown at you CC. Fingers crossed you might get a few years so then this board can be a peaceful place without speculation and rumours...........................................[/quote]

Don't fret, you'll be the first to know where to send my Christmas parcel! ;)
Christies Child

Postby Morectalk » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 am

CC, just one thing, I know you parked there at night & say that the signs were not clear, but have you parked there in the day before in the daytime ? If you have they will be able to get you as you will, or should have been, aware of the parking restrictions before. Just a bit of a legal thing !!
Morectalk

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:48 am

Sorry..have to say you're at fault here. Wehn parking, the driver knew they were parking in someones car park and therefore you are responsible for reading any signage detailing parking restrictions. If they are clearly misleading or hidden from view then that is fair enough, but if they are there for you to go and look out (the prim is not so dark on a night that you can't read a sign), then the driver of the car is at fault and you should pay the fine.

Not knowing how the signs are presented or written on them, it is hard to make a clear judgement - perhaps you should post some photos.

Parking on an abviously non-public car park (i.e. the customer car park for a store) without any thought is clearly a bit silly.

In comparison, it was in the paper a few months ago about people being fined for parking in Frankie and Bennys whilst dining there - this is obviusly not the drivers fault as they are obviously parking in the car park as a customer of the store and being fined to do so.

Pay up and stiop trying to squirm out of something that is your wifes daft fault!
greenshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 am

Morectalk wrote:CC, just one thing, I know you parked there at night & say that the signs were not clear, but have you parked there in the day before in the daytime ? If you have they will be able to get you as you will, or should have been, aware of the parking restrictions before. Just a bit of a legal thing !!

If you read my original post you'll see that it was my wife and daughter who parked there. With regards to the actual Parking Charge Notice (Note that there is no use of the word 'Fine'), I have it on very good legal authority that it would be laughed out of court, assuming that it got that far. These companies survive on scaring the wits out of people with threats. For ever Notice that is ignored, there are many more who pay up. That's how they make their money!
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 am

Christies Child wrote:
Morectalk wrote:CC, just one thing, I know you parked there at night & say that the signs were not clear, but have you parked there in the day before in the daytime ? If you have they will be able to get you as you will, or should have been, aware of the parking restrictions before. Just a bit of a legal thing !!

If you read my original post you'll see that it was my wife and daughter who parked there. With regards to the actual Parking Charge Notice (Note that there is no use of the word 'Fine'), I have it on very good legal authority that it would be laughed out of court, assuming that it got that far. These companies survive on scaring the wits out of people with threats. For ever Notice that is ignored, there are many more who pay up. That's how they make their money!

But it is private land. You park in Aldi car park to go to Aldi. Nothing else.
Sammy h

Next

Return to General Discussion