Full Time: Morecambe 1-0 Port Vale :)

Postby jmatkinson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm

jmatkinson

Re: Full Time: Morecambe 1-0 Port Vale :)

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:37 pm

much improvced performance,they really looked hungry for it today,challenging back and hustling the vale who never settled until the last 30 minutes when they really came into it.Talking to one of their fans on way out they said we deserved it and was their worst performance of the season.One of the major differences was the 2 centre halves who looked as if they had played together for several seasons
excellent result against a reasonable vale side who however did not look like table toppers
scalehallshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Much improved very good perfermance against a team who were top of the league prior to kick off.

Have to say the atmosphere in the ground today was much better with a little help from Mark ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Hard fought win today, fully deserved! Fantastic atmosphere too which makes the day enjoyable regardless of the result. I thought Spencer was outstanding today and Garry Hunter was brilliant too, but several others stood out as well.

Very, very happy tonight! Lets kick on now....!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Hard fought, battling performance. But not losing sight of some lovely football too. A few MotM candidates, although the actual MotM must have come out after the sponsor's lounge bar had been drunk dry! It doesn't have to go to the goal scorers you know??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Joking aside, I thought Charnock played well but I would have put Hunter, Drummie, Stanners, Parrish and possibly Wilson ahead of him. But that's the point of a game like today, five or six players who could all have had a MotM award without too much controversy.

Now let's kick on. Let's go to Northampton expecting to win, rather than trying for a 'keep it tight and nick one' routine. We beat the top of the league today because we were good enough to, we can beat anyone else in this league!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby alwaysright » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Good game today, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thats the best game iv seen Spencer play for the club.
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 pm

you have to give credit to SM changing the formation it seems to be the answer to solve our problems on the pitch seeing we are over staffed with central defenders

so all this talk Mr Sammy Mac with it's not about systems its about the players? are you sure :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 pm

alwaysright wrote:Thats the best game iv seen Spencer play for the club.

Agreed. Keep him in for next week at Northampton. It's a winnable game and a good result would take us in to a mid-table position for the Christmas fixtures. :D

Also, out of the next five games, only Macclesfield are in the top half. Hopefully we can kick on from here...
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby harrys dad » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

I have only lived here for just under a year and this was only my eighth game, so I found the new formation interesting. One minor concern, with three centre backs playing why was Hunter so frequently left isolated at right back against the very good Port Vale number 3? Apart from this, and what seemed a subdued performance from Stanley, it seemed an excellent team display.

I was particularly impressed by Parrish who won every header and loads of tackles against a tall front 2. Clearly as the gaps appeared in the Port Vale defence towards the end we could have scored another couple of goals with less selfish shooting and more cut backs to unmarked players.

As someone who has watched Kiddy Harriers for 25 years I was not surprised to see former Harrier Justin Richards miss Port Vale's best two chances in the second half, particular the one where he was unmarked 5 yards out from a corner and the ball hit his shoulder and went wide. It is also good to see that a number of Morecambe players are still here from Conference days and doing very well in League 2.
harrys dad

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 pm

This could be the defining moment in Morecambe FC's season.

The support was fan...bloody...tastic. The starting 11 were fan...bloody..tastic.

Massive massive applause to Marky No 1 and his entourage...brilliant :D

But there were hundreds of other pockets of Morecambe fans giving it large and worth mention. A small group of well suited bodies came out just before the game in C and gave it something good. The young kids in the PMG left bottom stand were awesome (and let's be fair where accolades are concerned, the SHRIMPETTES were brilliant today) these kids never stopped joining in the Dale Cavesse. The clutch up at the back of C2 (specifically Mrs Lion and Halftimeresults) who never gave it a moments rest. Then importantly, and I was so glad that this happened today when we needed it so much...Sammy, Lills and Jim Bentley right on the edge of their box giving it everything, encouraging and showing belief. Please Sammy do this at every game from now until the end of the season.

However, I felt so so proud of those guys in the HOME terracing. YOU WORKED JUST AS HARD AS THE PLAYERS and I thought...yep...TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT

Enjoy it because next week will be incredibly hard to get a result at Northampton, but with this kind of commitment it is possible.
Caged Lion

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 pm

No question the Globe can produce a good atmosphere if the team and crowd are up for it. A few more performances like this and CP will be a fading memory. Hopefully a new chapter has begun :D
broadwayshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:20 am

Just got to keep this up now and with the next game being 'quid a kid' and then Accy on New Years Day the atmosphere should be just as good if not better than today.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:22 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
Have to say the atmosphere in the ground today was much better with a little help from Mark ;)

Cheers. Wasn't just me obviously but I wanted to get a bit of something going. I have now lost my voice for 3 days but who gives a hoot :lol:

Caged lion thanx just a pity the band wasn't allowed to play but that's life eh? ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

great day/night, fantastic game of football....spencer was fantastic and for me was my motm.

We really frustrated the hell out of port vale and of course micky adams. :lol:

Right off back under my pillow, my head is banging from that beer last night any excuse to celebrate.
thegentlegiant

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm

I like the 5-3-2/3-5-2 system we played yesterday....however where does this leave Duffy who has probably been the most consistent player this season? Sum of parts? Or can we fit him in somewhere?
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:01 pm

He certainly needs a slot somewhere. He made an instant impression in his 7 mins on the pitch, Fleming too. They both livened up proceedings as tired legs kicked in. The lack of matches certainly showed. Hopefully a springboard for these 6 pointers over the next 3 weeks.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Why was duffy dropped anyway :?: :?: :?: :?: :o
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby jonnythedog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm

I would think it was to allow the team to play the 532/352. Duffy doesn't really fit into that system, although it would be interesting to see him playing off Spencer.
jonnythedog

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Duffy cannot play in the formation we played on Saturday. IMO. That formation has to stay, Duffy can be an impact sub.
Sammy h

Postby Joelinho » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Sammy h wrote:Duffy cannot play in the formation we played on Saturday. IMO. That formation has to stay, Duffy can be an impact sub.

Duffy has played well in the past through the middle. He's never been afraid to run at defenders, something we've been lacking as of late. Perhaps alongside Brown or Drummond (in a holding role) would suit?
Joelinho

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Joelinho wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Duffy cannot play in the formation we played on Saturday. IMO. That formation has to stay, Duffy can be an impact sub.

Duffy has played well in the past through the middle. He's never been afraid to run at defenders, something we've been lacking as of late. Perhaps alongside Brown or Drummond (in a holding role) would suit?

Yeah I agree lets just take our most influential player Craig Stanley out of the team.

Drummond out for Scott I would say.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion