VERBAL DIARRHOEA

VERBAL DIARRHOEA

Postby Pobble » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am

]Since when did SV become a political debating site with various people suffering from acute verbal diarrhoea.
Although my first posting was only in August this year, I have been visiting the site since it started, and, in my simple minded opinion, it should be entertaining, humerous, and geared to football in general and The Shrimps in particular.
When I read the diatribe from "Posh" containing a plethora of useless information I really wondered what siteI was on, although I was honoured that he used his litteracy brilliance to tell me that after he left Sandylands he progressed to Heysham High, I touch my forelock in respect.
Come on everbody, lets get back to the humerous threads that will give us a smile when reading them. Postings from CC and Essex Shrimp will read like Nobel prize winning entrants compared with some of the previous stuff. Why not a thread about how long it will be before we will see a ball kicked again at The Globe ?
Hope scholars among you like some of the words I have used, I got them out of The Beano.[/[/b]
Pobble

Re: VERBAL DIARRHOEA

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:32 am

That's what happens when it's one forum fits all.
Plain Peter

Postby ezz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:46 am

Why not have both?
Or would that make your brain explode?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Why not pick and choose the thread you read? If something looks like 'verbal diarrhoea' then give it a wide birth.

Shrimpsvoices has always had lots of random topics and long may it continue!
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Gnasher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Hope scholars among you like some of the words I have used, I got them out of The Beano.

Just perfect

Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 pm

OK so if that is you, who are these 2 on the pitch?

noddybigears.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:24 pm

The thing is, Pobble, there isn't really a decent online 'debating' forum in Morecambe and Lancaster - this is the best by a long, long way.

So people are always going to use it for things other than football.

As has been said, the thread title is usually a good clue, as is the O/T (when people remember to do it).

Don't let it put you off - just be selective.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby james456 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Just curious - why doesn't the forum have more sections than just the "general discussion" bit. There could easily be "MFC" and "Off topic" areas at least.
james456

Postby Moose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Honest answer, it doesn't need one. O/T before the thread usually does the trick.
If there are two threads with the titles (a) What a great goal! and (b) Dog's dick...
Which one would you read first?
I can't make my mind up really, but would probably miss the (b) option if it was on a different page...
Hope this helps...
Moose

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Pobble wrote:Since when did SV become a political debating site with various people suffering from acute verbal diarrhoea.

About 14 years now since five of us used to spout verbal diarrhoea on the original 'discserv' message board. Perhaps even further back than then?

As others have mentioned, as long as a thread is clearly marked 'O/T' then simply skip past it.

By the way, your 'caps lock' key is next to the letter 'A' and you don't need to write all your messages in bold (which is what you would have done if you'd not messed the formatting up! :roll:

Now if you want to start up a humerous thread, I'm ready for a laugh 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:08 pm

marky No.1 wrote:OK so if that is you, who are these 2 on the pitch?

noddybigears.jpg

That would be Mike and Ian. Couldn't you find a photo of Leo Sayer as well?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:27 pm

I think the forum is currently full of everything, and it's all useful and constructive.

OMG yeah wow brilliant, yes brilliant, what the beep screwsbury
Bare Ben

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

The manager is crap...
The players are useless...
Negative football...
Relegation dog-fight...
Confidence will return with a win...
Capable of going on a good run...
Need to shore up the defence...

for the yoof out there, you can have a look at the crap we were talking about a decade ago. Oddly, not much different to the crap we talk about now! :lol: Even Ned was there (well, MDH was)

http://web.archive.org/web/200010061922 ... 62421.html

Not sure if there are any older archives out there?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Keith wrote:The manager is crap...
The players are useless...
Negative football...
Relegation dog-fight...
Confidence will return with a win...
Capable of going on a good run...
Need to shore up the defence...

for the yoof out there, you can have a look at the crap we were talking about a decade ago. Oddly, not much different to the crap we talk about now! :lol: Even Ned was there (well, MDH was)

http://web.archive.org/web/200010061922 ... 62421.html

Not sure if there are any older archives out there?

Quality blast from the past there Keith. Remember discovering the pre-shrimpsvoices board when first being at uni and have been hooked ever since.

Lots of familiar names but what happened to Oracle? :shock:
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 pm

james456 wrote:Just curious - why doesn't the forum have more sections than just the "general discussion" bit. There could easily be "MFC" and "Off topic" areas at least.

this has been said before and it usually gets ignored, would make sence but unfortuently not all the mods see it that way.....no offence!!! :oops:
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 pm

We had it like that for a while but people didn't use it properly and the football pages got a bit dull to be honest so it was changed back again (rightly in my opinion).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby stevanshrimp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 am

If the Forum was alot busier it may be a good idea, at the moment its just fine IMO.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Village Idiot » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 am

Well this is my official entree to the forum site, here I am sweltering in the sunshine in Sydney whilst the less adventurous and locked in the Morecambe area rut scrape the 'Jack frost' off the inside of your windows to see if theirs any chance of the Global Warming actually warming up.
For those of you who do happen to worship at the alter of his holiness the Rev Al Gore, good on you you gulible muppets, look around you, warming? I don't think so ! That's why it's called climate change now.................oh and by the way the climates always changed, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring err seasons they used to call them.
Talking of seasons what's happened to the FC are they Everton in disguise? lets start crap and finish with a big run that leaves us just short of the winning line.
Dare I say 'has Sammy taken us as far as he can'...............are we, or you, destined for div 2 doldrums neither up nor down.
I left Morecambe 6 years ago to come to Sydney, I turned up here and guess what the firast thing I saw was Morecambe reject T McFlynn lined up with has been Dwight Yorke for Sydney FC.
Now don't get me wrong, I was no footballer in my past, I did pay for Morecambe Royales and Mayfair FC and Dickens Inn on a Sunday but someone has to make up the numbers eh........but lads, the A league I've seen better players kicking a stuffed toy down Blackpool Prom, even Steve Mids could get a game for Sydney FC never mind Webbie. In fact the pasiest player they have is like watching Dave Edge on super slo-mo.
Look my point is there's nothing wrong with verbal diarrhoea as long as it hits the pan.
Village Idiot

Postby Village Idiot » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 am

sorry for typos but i'm a bit tired
Village Idiot

Postby Aspers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 am

Bout time I can get someone to buy me a schooner.
I'm in Berowra Waters.
8-)
Aspers

Postby Village Idiot » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 am

Given your user name you can only be the one and only Aspinall of soft shoe shuffle fame and ex Heysham High School, tell me I'm not correct ? :D

I met you a million years ago in Morecambe, it might have been at the Carleton, i can't remember even who introduced us.

I'm mates with Brian Whitehead, martyn Prescott and Jon Howe from Morecambe who all live here now and have done for 20 odd years, i'm the newbie with only 6 years under my belt.

So if it is you let me know.

JW
Village Idiot

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 am

Village Idiot wrote:Given your user name you can only be the one and only Aspinall of soft shoe shuffle fame and ex Heysham High School, tell me I'm not correct ? :D

I met you a million years ago in Morecambe, it might have been at the Carleton, i can't remember even who introduced us.

I'm mates with Brian Whitehead, martyn Prescott and Jon Howe from Morecambe who all live here now and have done for 20 odd years, i'm the newbie with only 6 years under my belt.

So if it is you let me know.

JW

I think you are John Wrigley and I claim my prize :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion