Last chance saloon?

Last chance saloon?

Postby Ned » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Realistic supporters (not the zealot ockerites) need to be aware that if we don’t win on Saturday it will be a massive ask to survive regardless of who the manager is. After the match we will have played 3 more home games than away and to expect a mid table conference squad like our’s to get sufficient points from 3 away fixtures to pull us clear will require a leap of faith. Hope of course springs eternal but the reality is that if we are good enough we will stay up and if not we will go down and stay down. The current manager obviously believes his charges are good enough as he refuses to acknowledge the team is in trouble and speaks about the 2 or 3 wins on the trot to take us towards the playoffs. Let us hope he can tell the future because from what we have seen this season from his assembly of released and discarded bargain basement players I suggest it would be more prudent to pray for divine intervention.
Ned

Re: Last chance saloon?

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm

For your info. the Last Chance Saloon is now called Reds Globe Bar & Grill :geek:

That could lead to R. G. Bar. G

Oh no! Simply Ned and Pobble are on-line together :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Last chance saloon? There are five months of the season left Ned! Sure we may struggle but any sort of form should see us safe. ;)
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm

marky No.1 wrote:For your info. the Last Chance Saloon is now called Reds Globe Bar & Grill :geek:

That could lead to R. G. Bar. GOh no! Simply Ned and Pobble are on-line together :lol:

Mmm? You know what? :idea: :idea: You might have something there. Bar G... Bar Globe.... R.G. Bar G.

"Argy Bar-G"...!!!

Mmm? yes I can see it now... photos of old Morecambe players through the ages PLUS others of Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.. videos of our goals at Wembley on a loop with the famous..."Ricky Villa....... still Ricky Villa!!"

Like it!

What do you reckon, Dysie!?

:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ockers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 pm

i love your altruism............... 8-)
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Trust you to be first! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:37 pm

shrimper wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:For your info. the Last Chance Saloon is now called Reds Globe Bar & Grill :geek:

That could lead to R. G. Bar. GOh no! Simply Ned and Pobble are on-line together :lol:

Mmm? You know what? :idea: :idea: You might have something there. Bar G... Bar Globe.... R.G. Bar G.

"Argy Bar-G"...!!!

Mmm? yes I can see it now... photos of old Morecambe players through the ages PLUS others of Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.. videos of our goals at Wembley on a loop with the famous..."Ricky Villa....... still Ricky Villa!!"

Like it!

:D

How about "Hoddles Bar" and a video of Glen's brilliant chipped goal against Watford :D :D :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Christie way could them be renamed drury lane, after hoddles barmpot psycic woman freind, with the special powers, the ones that never saved him from the sack for claiming all disabled people were spawn of satan :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:02 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Christie way could them be renamed drury lane, after hoddles barmpot psycic woman freind, with the special powers, the ones that never saved him from the sack for claiming all disabled people were spawn of satan :lol:

i liked Hoddle but after that i cant take him serious anymore

and a funny story with that Irene Drury she told all the players to sit down then she put her psychic hands on Ray Parlours head, Ray then joked and asked for a short back and sides and everybody was in uproar apart from Mr Hoddle who then ended Ray Parlours England career..
George Dawes

Postby Dysie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:31 pm

That could lead to R. G. Bar. GOh no! Simply Ned and Pobble are on-line together :lol:[/quote]

"Argy Bar-G"...!!!

Like it!

Coops. What have I done to upset you lately? No need, my vivid recollections of attending both of those '81 finals needs no reminding. Whenever I see footage of 'that' goal, I still scream at Tommy Caton (RIP) to 'drop him' plus Steve MacKenzie's volleyed goal was the best of the final (though rarely shown) cos the TV cameras failed to view it from leaving his boot to hitting the top corner of the net!

How about the bar showing greatest comebacks to win 4-3 with 10 men .... Spurs v City & MFC v Crewe :roll:
Dysie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm

DawZi wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Christie way could them be renamed drury lane, after hoddles barmpot psycic woman freind, with the special powers, the ones that never saved him from the sack for claiming all disabled people were spawn of satan :lol:

i liked Hoddle but after that i cant take him serious anymore

and a funny story with that Irene Drury she told all the players to sit down then she put her psychic hands on Ray Parlours head, Ray then joked and asked for a short back and sides and everybody was in uproar apart from Mr Hoddle who then ended Ray Parlours England career..

anything that ended Ray Parlour's England career has to be applauded :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 pm

I wonder if Parlour is still paying his ex - Mrs off ??!!!

Tens of thousands a month if I remember rightly !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Dysie wrote:That could lead to R. G. Bar. GOh no! Simply Ned and Pobble are on-line together :lol:

"Argy Bar-G"...!!!

Like it!

Coops. What have I done to upset you lately? No need, my vivid recollections of attending both of those '81 finals needs no reminding. Whenever I see footage of 'that' goal, I still scream at Tommy Caton (RIP) to 'drop him' plus Steve MacKenzie's volleyed goal was the best of the final (though rarely shown) cos the TV cameras failed to view it from leaving his boot to hitting the top corner of the net!

How about the bar showing greatest comebacks to win 4-3 with 10 men .... Spurs v City & MFC v Crewe :roll:[/quote]

Nowt mate, I love you really - just the first City fan/SV user I could think of.. anyway - 3-4, touche! Macken wasn't it? Never did owt before or since!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bryan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Classic Ned, really...
Bryan

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:28 pm

over to you Ned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Ned » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:over to you Ned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

?????Read the first line of my post in which I emphasised the importance of winning this match and we won it. Had we not won we would have been under extreme pressure with Barnet and Stockport picking up points. My post was valid.
Playing 3 centre halves and a defender scoring worked today but why are we always on the rack possesion wise with the majority of opposing teams.
Ned

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Simply Ned wrote:

?????Read the first line of my post in which I emphasised the importance of winning this match and we won it. Had we not won we would have been under extreme pressure with Barnet and Stockport picking up points. My post was valid.
Playing 3 centre halves and a defender scoring worked today but why are we always on the rack possesion wise with the majority of opposing teams.

thought our passing was good today apart from in the very final 3rd when we lacked that killer pass on a couple of occasions Jevons was unmarked at the far post players but players choose the wrong option instead of picking Jevons out
George Dawes

Postby Dysie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

'Simply Ned' your effort in trying to justify your initial post with your last is remarkable! They bear no resembalance, now the team has won you are simply trying to save face.....
Dysie

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:57 pm

DawZi wrote:
Simply Ned wrote:

thought our passing was good today apart from in the very final 3rd when we lacked that killer pass on a couple of occasions Jevons was unmarked at the far post players but players choose the wrong option instead of picking Jevons out

That was the one dissapointing thing for me, especially from Drummy. Too often we go for the 25 yard pass that goes astray or is intercepted by the opposition when a shorter more precise pass would suffice. However some of the triangular move and pass routines today proved that we have the players capable of more similar passing movements in their lockers.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:13 am

Christies Child wrote:That was the one dissapointing thing for me, especially from Drummy. Too often we go for the 25 yard pass that goes astray or is intercepted by the opposition or sent Gary Hunter scampering off down the wing...

I've corrected your quote. I think I saw more of the latter than the former.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion