Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: "It's a Lovely Stadium and Everyone is Delighted with It"

Postby burple » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 am

only old people use the word delighted... sammy is old
burple

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Are they maybe Sammy need to watch a game from the MBW Stand!
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 pm

The pmg stand is better than 2 stands at turf moor, the rest is conference but tidy, the attendances justify what we have got, though i agree a replica of the north stand should have been a must, the car wash terrace can now be named the pitch cover side.

Interesting that sammy says that the players are finding it like playing away at the moment, the christie park stalwarts like stanners baz jim gary etc seem fine, how are our newbies missing christie park so much :?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Oh and stu, sorry stu :oops:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bryan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

Who's 'everyone'? Probably all those that don't have to stand and que in the pissing rain behind the MBW stand! I'll say it again: The Main Stand is superb. A credit to the club. The MBW stand is apalling. All the money was spent on the boxes etc. and the hardcore fans who are really passionate about this club have been sold up the river. Where's the heart and soul of Morecambe FC? Ceratinly not up there in prawn sandwich brigade H.Q.

No atmosphere at The Globe? It's fairly obvious why. Yes we need to generate other income. But without the will of the fans it will all be pointless. Are you really going to fill those boxes if this manager takes us down to the Conference? And no don't think it can't happen. There's too much complacency from those upon high at this club this season. Too much back slapping and not enough 'doing'! Great. We've got a new stadium. But how about we actually get on and bloody well start this season in the first place. Oh, and concentrate on what's actually going on on the pitch for a change.
Bryan

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 am

Bryan wrote:Who's 'everyone'? Probably all those that don't have to stand and que in the pissing rain behind the MBW stand! I'll say it again: The Main Stand is superb. A credit to the club. The MBW stand is apalling. All the money was spent on the boxes etc. and the hardcore fans who are really passionate about this club have been sold up the river. Where's the heart and soul of Morecambe FC? Ceratinly not up there in prawn sandwich brigade H.Q.

No atmosphere at The Globe? It's fairly obvious why. Yes we need to generate other income. But without the will of the fans it will all be pointless. Are you really going to fill those boxes if this manager takes us down to the Conference? And no don't think it can't happen. There's too much complacency from those upon high at this club this season. Too much back slapping and not enough 'doing'! Great. We've got a new stadium. But how about we actually get on and bloody well start this season in the first place. Oh, and concentrate on what's actually going on on the pitch for a change.

Couldn't agree more. So why therefore go on and on and on and on about the MBW
and the 'so called' prawn sandwich brigade who without considerable amounts of their own money we wouldn't be in the position we are now?

The MBW may not be as the North Stand in SOME peoples opinion, but do you expect the club to go into debt to provide a replica of the North Stand? I seem to recall fans queing in the rain at the various catering wagons at CP.
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm

let them eat peanuts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:let them eat peanuts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy peanuts with my prawn sandwich!

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Christies Child wrote: I seem to recall fans queing in the rain at the various catering wagons at CP.

But that was CP, an ageing stadium with at best moderate facilities. Is it surprising that people in the MBW are upset when things are no better, in fact you could argue worse, in a brand new spanking stadium.
broadwayshrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Well as a Charlton fan and only starting taking a interest out of the blue with Morecambe last season and only missing two home games all last season .

I loved North Stand and the banter and the style in which Morecambe were playing at Christie Park but now with Morecambe playing at The Globe I personally am surprised on how bad / unlucky Morecambe been this season.

I do think it has nothing to do with the stadium really do not but I have only been 2 two home games all season Shrewsbury home we outplayed them and deserved the win the Duffy really stood out would not surprise me if bigger teams want him in the January transfer window.

Now I will take this season about 10TH-13TH Place with Jevons getting 15-20 league goals this season , and a solid back four week in week out in that one I do not think it will happen.

And give Duffy a two year contract soon as chairman.

also do not get rid of sammy mac ok :oops:
essex_shrimp

Postby Duffman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:The MBW may not be as the North Stand in SOME peoples opinion, but do you expect the club to go into debt to provide a replica of the North Stand?

Firstly, I don't know of anyone who prefers the MBW to the North Stand. Secondly, the amount of money it would cost to make the MBW a little larger and a bit more like the North Stand would be a very small percentage compared to the cost of the PMG stand. If the new ground cost £12m to build (buy land for etc. etc.) and the old, bigger and better North Stand cost £500k, you can see how little investment the MBW has received.
Duffman

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Duffman wrote:
Christies Child wrote:The MBW may not be as the North Stand in SOME peoples opinion, but do you expect the club to go into debt to provide a replica of the North Stand?

Firstly, I don't know of anyone who prefers the MBW to the North Stand. Secondly, the amount of money it would cost to make the MBW a little larger and a bit more like the North Stand would be a very small percentage compared to the cost of the PMG stand. If the new ground cost £12m to build (buy land for etc. etc.) and the old, bigger and better North Stand cost £500k, you can see how little investment the MBW has received.

I wasn't aware that a survey of EVERYBODY who regularly watches games from the MBW had been carried out..... :?: :?: :?:

I'm sure we'd all like to know the actual cost of the present MBW and in particular the costs involved to making it larger. Please share this info with us.... :!: :!: :!:

The PMG was always going to be and quite rightly is the showpiece and money earner for our club. It's only right that no expence was spared on a venue that is a 7 day week money making operation.....even if it was at the expence of other areas that have only match day use.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Well things arn't going to change drastically in the MBW stand so may as well get on with it. What i'd like to see is fans installing a party atmosphere every week regardless of whats happeneing, plenty of bouncing (to keep warm of course) plenty of singing(to divert attention from the football itself :lol:) i'm sure the MBW stand would be a lot better if the atmosphere picked up. Yes it's not the best stand and the accoustics arn't great, but the fans make the atmosphere not the stadium!!
Have the next home match completely singing Sammy's name, give him some confidence back.
I like the sounds of ressurecting the supporters club again if its no longer going. Maybe some sort of identity like that would boost people's confidence to sing, give some sort of responsibility :mrgreen:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Still going on my tip of 3rd Place for Morecambe

essex_shrimp wrote:I will take this season about 10TH-13TH Place

What a difference one month makes ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby MfcChris » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:33 pm

ezz wrote:Have the next home match completely singing Sammy's name, give him some confidence back

I think a Ohh Sammy Sammy chant after just one minute is in order ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm

I think what gets most peoples goat about the MBW is not that generally it is a lot poorer in terms of facilities, view and atmosphere than the old North Stand (despite a £12 million investment), Its the grey brigade like Christies Seniled badgering on about how it is only a small minority of fans that think that the MBW is poor, and that in actual fact most people think its a vast improvement. I've yet to speak to anybody who agrees with this who actually pays to watch the game from this area of the ground. At best people are neutral. Personally I think we were spoilt with the North Stand, even so the replacement is incomparable and to suggest otherwise is bonkers.

Overall the ground is better (and so it should be), but for those people who like to watch games stood up, behind the goal, as part of an atmosphere (three big pull factors for a small club like Morecambe amongst bigger sides with similar pricing structures if you want to sit down in silence) the MBW is disastrous. It would be refreshing and ballsey for some of the directors to come out and say that the MBW is rubbish, and if they don't think this is the case they should come and watch a game from there. I'm pleased with the ground overall, but to bleat on how the whole project (over time, over budget) has been a complete success is unrealistic. If you don't believe me check out the Globe Bar & Grill on a week night. Deadly.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Duffman wrote:

I wasn't aware that a survey of EVERYBODY who regularly watches games from the MBW had been carried out..... :?: :?: :?:

If you would like to re-read the statement you highlighted I wasn't talking about EVERYBODY. I said "I (as in myself) don't know (as in to my knowledge) of anyone (as in people I've spoke to such as friends or family) who prefers the MBW to the North Stand". :roll:
Duffman

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Chris how can I now say that Morecambe will come third its called no chance.

And 10th-13th now is a better aim
essex_shrimp

Return to General Discussion