O/T - Farewell ARK ROYAL

O/T - Farewell ARK ROYAL

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 am

Another nail in the coffin of our great naval heritage.
I fear 'tis the final end of British Sea Power, a decline that began in the days of Harold Wilson.
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Farewell ARK ROYAL

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Peter wrote:Another nail in the coffin of our great naval heritage.
I fear 'tis the final end of British Sea Power, a decline that began in the days of Harold Wilson.

Mixed Opinion from me..

We have not really been a force for a long time and as for wars they seem to be skirmishes(forget iraq) rather than all out world wars in the age we live in,so yes all in all its a little sad that little britain is less and less being able to flex its muscles,on the over hand the money that is saved would be better spent at home e.g nhs,looking after the elderly,paying less tax(hahaha) etc etc........... :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:09 pm

given that we have bog all to defend any more why do we need an army, half of east europe have sneaked in, saw we have nothing then bogged off back over the last ten years, they could always start sending our hard working people in slave ships to china and india, oh no, we have no one fit for work, a nation of incapacity fraudsters :lol: :lol:

the ark royal should make one last voyage to the middle of the sea with all our shopmobility brigade, pop down to weatherspoons any given day, drop the queens shilling in their pints and take them away :|
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 pm

A couple of very interesting views there :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:42 pm

well, lets face it peter, the romans invaded us and built roads and castles, who will invade us and build dole offices.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 pm

I don't know the answer to that.
But as an ex-member of Her Majesty's Diplomatic Corps, as well as an ex-serviceman, I will say that your question is very interesting, and deserves further in-depth discussion and comment.
Keith or Shrimper are likely suspects.
Plain Peter

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 pm

on the over hand the money that is saved would be better spent at home e.g nhs,looking after the elderly,paying less tax(hahaha) etc etc........... :)

but this it! it wouldn't be it would be WASTED LIKE IN THE EU or BAILING OUT THE IRISH OR SOME SHIT WHAT AS ABSALULTY NOTHING TO DO WITH US

all these cuts the other week saving us a reported £7 billion as just been in vain it costs us more to be in the EU but apparently we need to be in the EU because we cant do stuff ourselves its absolute crap.
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 am

Peter wrote:I will say that your question is very interesting, and deserves further in-depth discussion and comment.
Keith or Shrimper are likely suspects.

I was shown around Ark Royal when she'd just completed sea trials. I was about 14 years old in the Sea Cadets. Everything was top secret at the time. Somehow I always think of her as being brand new!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby captain sparkle » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 am

Keith wrote:
I was shown around Ark Royal when she'd just completed sea trials. I was about 14 years old in the Sea Cadets. Everything was top secret at the time. Somehow I always think of her as being brand new!

:lol:
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 am

Keith wrote:I was shown around Ark Royal when she'd just completed sea trials. I was about 14 years old in the Sea Cadets. Everything was top secret at the time. Somehow I always think of her as being brand new!

It still looks brand new too!
Could have gone on for another 25 years, unlike the last generation of flat-tops, Rust-B (BULWARK) Happy-H (HERMES). Both of them were only fit for razor blades, or in the case of the HERMES, selling to the Indians and painted a darker shade of grey!
Haven't had one of your fables of a sea-cadet lately :lol:
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion