some impartial views about Sammy

some impartial views about Sammy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

from Bury ,Macclesfield , Port Vale , Chesterfield fans etc and others more committed to us :-

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.p ... nder-fire/
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: some impartial views about Sammy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

I particularly like the comment from the Macc Town fan, who says: "Just realise what you have got."

We need to. And we need to realise we have a good manager at the helm who WILL turn this run around. For the better.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ockers » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:10 pm

who was to blame for us finishing 4th last season?
who was to blame for reaching the northern area final of jpt trophy?
who was to blame for us beating preston north end in the carling cup?
who was to blame for us beating wolves in the carling cup?
who was responsible for bringing in carl baker?
who kept us in a solid position in 2007/2008 and 2008/2009?
i could go on................

Sammy will turn this around and as fans we should be getting behind the manager and players to get through this not the constant carping moaning and whinging from certain quarters
ockers

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Well said Sean.

We are all in this together and as supporters we need to ENCOURAGE.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Interesting comment from the Bury fan who would give " 5 Alan Knills for 1 Sammy Mac "
Im sure no-one is more frustrated about the current situation than Sammy himself judging by his demeanour last Saturday
Keep your nerve, let Sammy & Mark do their jobs and I suspect all will be fine
Personally I think removing SM now would be a very bad move and in any case I'm pretty sure he would just come back and haunt us with another club soon a la Artell !
Patience not knee-jerk is currently needed, as someone else said 3 wins and it all changes
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm

[quote="SimplyRed MFC"]Interesting comment from the Bury fan who would give " 5 Alan Knills for 1 Sammy Mac "
Im sure no-one is more frustrated about the current situation than Sammy himself judging by his demeanour last Saturday
Keep your nerve, let Sammy & Mark do their jobs and I suspect all will be fine
Personally I think removing SM now would be a very bad move and in any case I'm pretty sure he would just come back and haunt us with another club soon a la Artell !
Patience not knee-jerk is currently needed, as someone else said 3 wins and it all changes[/quote]

OK...no more complaints from me. I'll refrain from making any derogatory comments until the middle of January by which time either the position has changed (for our club hopefully) or we are in the poo, right up to our necks!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Pobble » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:19 pm

What has the past got to do with the present ?
Now, I repeat now, he has lost the plot and we are in a mess.
A mess needs cleaning up which usually means getting rid.
I cannot understand totally blinkered thinking, accept the facts as they are today.
Pobble

Postby keepthefaith » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:32 pm

As I have mentioned before......all of this was being said last year, and more. If the club had listened to those views.....god knows where we would be now.
Give the bloke a break, and more importantly, the chance to turn it around!
Because he will!!!
keepthefaith

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:38 pm

This reminds me of my first season as A Morecambe fan watching the first game of the season seeing Morecambe draw 2-2 with Hereford and Hereford getting the late goal for 2-2.

And remember the 3-3 draw with Rochdale where we went 3-0 at h/t then went defensive in the second half thinking what the beep is he doing.

I think after ten games Morecambe had only 1 win 5 draws and 4 defeats thinking if Sammy can have a solid center midfield which happen we can turn those draws into wins.

And boy I go so exciting in that season I only missed two home games all season.

But this year do I think Sammy has taking Morecambe as far as the club can go like 4th place last season and fans expectation are to much to soon or is it some fans still want him sacked and prefer Jimmy Harvey.
I remember Alan Curbishley going because he felt he took charlton as far up as he can on and off the field do you think it is the same with Morecambe fans eyes
essex_shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Pobble wrote:What has the past got to do with the present ?
I cannot understand totally blinkered thinking, accept the facts as they are today.

Again.... a different opinion = blinkered thinking according to someone on here.

I'd say 'blinkered' could be described as ignoring everything that's gone before, everything around you and what lies ahead of you and making a very serious judgment based purely on what you see straight in front of you. That's what blinkers are for, are they not?

If we made decisions based on 'now, I repeat now' then he'd have been sacked early in the season he got us promoted as well as early last season.

That's what the past has to do with the present.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare bum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 pm

ooff Shrimper! How succinct and how punchy.

Have you ever thought about writing as a career?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Sammy h » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:44 pm

shrimper wrote:

Again.... a different opinion = blinkered thinking according to someone on here.

I'd say 'blinkered' could be described as ignoring everything that's gone before, everything around you and what lies ahead of you and making a very serious judgment based purely on what you see straight in front of you. That's what blinkers are for, are they not?

If we made decisions based on 'now, I repeat now' then he'd have been sacked early in the season he got us promoted as well as early last season.

Definitely blinkered thinking. Some people really do defend him so much on here, I am still trying to figure out which person is him and which one is his wife :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:19 pm

what the beep?
Bare Ben

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

I think they are fair comments. He'll turn it around. :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

ockers wrote:who was to blame for us finishing 4th last season?
who was to blame for reaching the northern area final of jpt trophy?
who was to blame for us beating preston north end in the carling cup?
who was to blame for us beating wolves in the carling cup?
who was responsible for bringing in carl baker?
who kept us in a solid position in 2007/2008 and 2008/2009?
i could go on................

Sammy will turn this around and as fans we should be getting behind the manager and players to get through this not the constant carping moaning and whinging from certain quarters

Couldn't agree more, also what about loyalty, its often mentioned when players choose to move to another club, well what about a bit of loyalty to Sammy, just look at the list of his achievements above, surely he deserves better.

The one thing i always felt proud of as a Morecambe supporter was the way we the fans stuck by the management and team even when things weren't going well, lets not get like so many other supports and turn on the manager and players when the going gets tough.

We are in it together and we can get out of it together.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Sammy h wrote:Definitely blinkered thinking. Some people really do defend him so much on here, I am still trying to figure out which person is him and which one is his wife :lol: :lol:

Blinkered thinking by those who prefer to react to evidence rather than emotion? The evidence suggest that we've had crap starts in previous seasons but turned it around. So far we're actually performing exactly in the same way as we have previously.

So the rationale for NOT sacking the manager is that we've been here before and THE EVIDENCE suggests the situation will be turned around.

Oh, and I'm one of the Harvey fans that gets talked about!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I was a JH fan, I will never agree with the way the club dealt with his sacking, and have never been fond of Sammy and his methods. He inherited a decent squad, added some steel and got us up, so he will be legend for all time. We have had some excellent times in our shot tenure in the FL. Despite our present form, I believe he should still be given time to turn it round. But that's just me!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Sammy h » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 pm

How much more time should he get though?

If we lose the 6 pointer on Saturday we could be in the bottom two. Confidence low etc etc.

IMO he has until the turn of the year, everyone keeps saying a few wins and we are straight back up there. When are we going to get these few wins on the bounce? We can't keep saying that all the way up until April!
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 pm

shrimper wrote:

Spot on but things need to be turned around fast before the rot sets in for good
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

If we win lose or draw on saturday, baxter ,lills and the physio bloke from liverpool will be going nowhere as it would cost nearly half a million pounds to pay them up.

realism needs adressing here.

Sammy has to pick through the bargain basement for has beens, everyone says he has no youth policy, but in reality, if the board at any point said to him, at no cost to you , do you want us to continue our youth policy, would he have said, no, abandon it :?:

no.

Every decision made by the manager is governed by his employers (my opinion) it is not his fault if proven players from a past life, are not pulling their weight is it :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 am

Sammy h wrote:How much more time should he get though?

That's a different question (and a fair one). I don't know an answer for that, I just don't think that time has run out yet and I'm basing that on what has been achieved previously.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am

If you were the Chairman, how long would you personally give it? You must have some idea... Do you allow him to bring in some new blood in January (and frankly, given his history of being able to get many of his first choice targets, that isn't a definite) and then see? Do you just wait until May and hope that we either move up the table or at least avoid the unthinkable? Or do you bite the bullet in the next few weeks if things stay the same? There are many more possibilities but I think these 3 will suffice. By the way, as I said on the football forum, things may well improve but then again, they may not.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:47 am

Although it's not going great still think Sammy needs a bit more time to try and turn things around saying that if we don't get some results in the next few games his time could be up.
heysham_mfc

Postby Aspers » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 am

You don't become a bad manager overnight.
I like Ockers post 8-)
I think Sammy is brilliant and will turn this around and I
also believe the board have the best interests of the club at heart
and will do whatever they see fit, despite all this doom mongering between us.
Aspers

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Freez wrote:I was a JH fan, I will never agree with the way the club dealt with his sacking, and have never been fond of Sammy and his methods. He inherited a decent squad, added some steel and got us up, so he will be legend for all time. We have had some excellent times in our shot tenure in the FL. Despite our present form, I believe he should still be given time to turn it round. But that's just me!

Not just you Freez.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion