New loanee

New loanee

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

After what seems like months of negotiations (although it's only been a few weeks) we've finally brought on loan Charnock from Torquay and he goes into the squad for Saturday which could see the loss of both Mullers and Willow due to injury.

Reported on Radio Lancashire Lunch Time Sport Thursday 1.30pm
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: New loanee

Postby steve mfc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:59 pm

[quote="Christies Child"]After what seems like months of negotiations (although it's only been a few weeks) we've finally brought on loan Charnock from Torquay and he goes into the squad for Saturday which could see the loss of both Mullers and Willow due to injury.

Reported on Radio Lancashire Lunch Time Sport Thursday 1.30pm[/quot

Well that's a piece of good news, i had just about given up on this deal happening.
steve mfc

Postby Lloydie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:58 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Charnock

Is he a right back or centre back (which would see Parrish moved to RB I'm guessing)
Lloydie

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:01 pm

How come Torquay don't want him?

Has he bene playing regular for them?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:17 pm

"I would imagine it will be made permanent in January and hopefully we have got some sort of money for him, enough to at least to cover what we paid Posh for him - £10k I believe.

It's a shame really as I think he has always been decent for us but realistically given his ability, his age and the fact that he is a Northern lad it was inevitable that he would move on sooner or later and rather it's now than in the summer when he would leave for nothing, that is, of course assuming we do get a fee!

His opportunities with us have been almost non existent this season largely due to the excellent pairing of Ellis and Branston. Clearly Branno occupies the position in the team that Charnock likes to play in and given GBs excellent form and remarkable disciplinary record so far with us (apart from the one blemish last season at Grimsby!) it really has been a barren time for KC.

I wish him well at Morecambe and hopefully he can secure the first team slot he is after with them."

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=330
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:21 pm

hmm not sure what to make of all that he sounds ok but then he hasn't been able to get into the first team. I hope thats just wishful thinking £10k for someone who isn't a first choice player.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby forces shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:42 pm

He's only 26 so not over the hill yet. Give him a couple of games to get match fit and sharp and i reckon he will do a job for us. Lets have some positive thinking for a change and get behind the lad and help him settle in.

UP THE SHRIMPS!!!
forces shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm

He is a centre back. IMHO Sammy will pair him with Chris McCready and move Andy Parrish back to right back. If Wilson is injured then Parrish can play left back leaving Haining and Hunter to contest the right back position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 229198.stm
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Good move I am guessing why not bring in jim bentley and pair him with the new center back?

I remember the shrewsbury game where Bentley was on fire.

And why not Will Haining is he leaving or injured as in going come January .

I do read messages hearing he fell out with the boss on here not recently
essex_shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Look who has signed on loan for Stanley
http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/index.php/newsy/3726
halftimeresults

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Well I was thinking Fleetwood should gain a promotion in playoffs beat Crawley in the final then get Wayne Curtis to score the winner next season at Accrington Stanley :lol: :lol:
essex_shrimp

Postby ezz » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:47 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Well I was thinking Fleetwood should gain a promotion in playoffs beat Crawley in the final then get Wayne Curtis to score the winner next season at Accrington Stanley :lol: :lol:

Whats that got to do with.......well anything at all?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:52 pm

ezz wrote:
essex_shrimp wrote:Well I was thinking Fleetwood should gain a promotion in playoffs beat Crawley in the final then get Wayne Curtis to score the winner next season at Accrington Stanley :lol: :lol:

Whats that got to do with.......well anything at all?

Its Essex Shrimp. He can do what he wants!
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Better late than never hopefully he will do well for us.
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:46 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Look who has signed on loan for Stanley
http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/index.php/newsy/3726

Stanley fans don't exactly seem overjoyed to have him back, they also think that Jimmy Ryan will be leaving in the transfer window, now that's one that i would like to see play for us.
steve mfc

Postby parceldave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:He is a centre back. IMHO Sammy will pair him with Chris McCready and move Andy Parrish back to right back. If Wilson is injured then Parrish can play left back leaving Haining and Hunter to contest the right back position.

Its funny i thought we were after a right back to replace Mossy , we have in Andy Parrish in the last year probably the most improved player at the club as a fkin CENTRE BACK. He's probably one of the best in this division , so leave him in his best positon . Haining showed his contempt when he was played at right back a couple of weeks ago, totally not interested.
parceldave

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Just saying Ian Crainey only joined Fleetwood in the summer.

And Fleetwood got promotion into the conference and have started excellent and are in the top4 why leave a team when the team is playing so well.

And I do not think Accrington will get a playoff spot and if it was me i would rather join a team that are winning .

And dream of the play off semi finals and then only two games away from Wembley .

Sorry I speak what I felt was better if i am wrong then I am sorry
essex_shrimp

Postby Ntini » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 pm

parceldave wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:He is a centre back. IMHO Sammy will pair him with Chris McCready and move Andy Parrish back to right back. If Wilson is injured then Parrish can play left back leaving Haining and Hunter to contest the right back position.

Its funny i thought we were after a right back to replace Mossy , we have in Andy Parrish in the last year probably the most improved player at the club as a fkin CENTRE BACK. He's probably one of the best in this division , so leave him in his best positon . Haining showed his contempt when he was played at right back a couple of weeks ago, totally not interested.

I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think that Parrish is better at right back than he is in the middle. I always think he looks nervous in the middle, like his is always fearful of making mistakes. With the squad as it is, why not play him there? He is young and has the potential to grow in any position you put him in. I just think it makes sense in the longer term to play him at RB. Then let Haining, McCready, Bentley and now Charnock fight for the two central places.

...just my point of view...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Joe Oh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Instead of putting Parrish at CB and playing Haining out of position at RB why not swap them around?

Haining was one of our best players at centre back last season so not using him there seems a massive waste.

Parrish is good defensively and can play a good pass so he's more than good enough to play as a full back.
Joe Oh

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm

I think Parrish has equally been fantastic at RB and CB this season and last so it really doesn't matter to me where he plays. I know Andy Parrish wants to play at CB long term but he is only 22 there is plenty of time, and I am sure he will be happy to play anwhere across the defence so long as he is playing.

I'm looking forward to seeing Charnock tomorrow, assuming he plays.
Morecambe Jack

Return to General Discussion