WILSON!

WILSON!

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Wilson won't sign a new contract and is leaving to go to a higher league club.
Heard it from a good source at Morecambe!
Does anyone know if this is true?
kennoshrimp

Re: WILSON!

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Sadly i have heard the same.... :(
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:Wilson won't sign a new contract and is leaving to go to a higher league club.
Heard it from a good source at Morecambe!
Does anyone know if this is true?

Nothing surprises me about this sort of thing. Higher clubs with greater finances will always look at the likes of us as easy pickings when it comes to tempting players away.

However the grass isn't always greener elsewhere but we'd all move on if the finances are better. Loyalty is to oneself and ones family.

Probably nothing in it, but maybe Sammy was aware that this might happen, hence him bringing in Capaldi... :?: :?: :?:

If true, then make him available now to the highest bidder. Certainly don't want a repeat of the Thommo saga.
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:07 pm

That's his prerogative, though it's very early to be negotiating new contracts.

So my earlier suspicion about kenno being an agent, or a player, or someone wanting to stir up something behind the scenes to get something for a player, remains.

8-)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm

I know the grass isn't always greener. anyone hear where he's going? i heard championship but no set club was mentioned. Do you think he will stay?
kennoshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:16 pm

what do you reckon kenno :?:

As CC points out we have the very able capaldi ready to fill the gap, so its not a big deal :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm

It would be a great shame to see Wilson go. I so much prefer to see him on the wing as opposed to being a left back, despite the fact he does push on. When he burst onto the scene at Morecambe he was player of the season, but being at left back has, in my opinion, stunted his progress.
Morectalk

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes but Capaldi is only here till january isn't he?
will he stay?
kennoshrimp

Postby Joe Oh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Anyone know how long his current contract has left? Basically, will we get some decent cash for him or will we just lose him?
Joe Oh

Postby George Dawes » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Joe Oh wrote:Anyone know how long his current contract has left? Basically, will we get some decent cash for him or will we just lose him?

am sure he signed a 2year deal at the start of last season so mathematics his deal runs out after this season i reckon
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:55 pm

A certain club just to the south who could do with sorting their defence out. Hint hint.
heysham_mfc

Postby kennoshrimp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

That Preston heysham? ha ha!
Think his contract runs out end of season so no hope of any money for him.
Can he talk to clubs in January and sign a pre deal thing?
kennoshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:That Preston heysham? ha ha!

Yes if he went it woun't be a pre deal we would want him going in the January Transfer window for a fee rather than him doing a thommo and getting away for nothing.
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Turned 24 in October, so we aren't entitled to a transfer fee.

But even if he did go for nothing (aal speculation, he might not go at all), I wouldn't be that upset just like I wasn't when Thommo's did the same. Wilson cost us nothing and I don't think he's improved massively since being here. Besides, these players have come here, performed well putting a shift in, pushing the club forwards. In Thommo's case he has moved up a couple of levels since he left here, pushing his own career forwards. Using him as an example there were many opportunites where we could have sold Thommo (Bury were intested when we were in the Conference) but the board chose to keep him. Aside from the fact that many fans were given the opportunity to develop, there is also the arguement that we might not even be here without him. A transfer fee would have been nice, but look what we'd have missed out on. I still think this season has some twists and turns, I can't see how flogging Wilson cheaply in January will help matters.

The other scenario that is swilling around: Simply put Anthony Capaldi is wank. The sooner this freeloader is put out to grass the better. FA Cup final to Blue Square Premier in three season, you watch. A complete panic signing by Sammy when numbers were depleted. He adds nothing, and now can't even get a start when Wilson is suspended or unfit (resulted in a defensive reshuffle and Wilson playing despite being off the pace). He has done us a massive favour in signing a short term deal, anticipating a bigger 'better' club coming knocking in January:

Knock knock,
Who's there?
Barrow
Barrow who????
Barrow AFC I've got two heads can I shag your sister?? Give me six!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Posh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Under the right manager I think Lawrence could have improved. Instead he started well, ended up sitting back because Sammy wanted to keep the sheets clean, got frustrated and fell back on old habits like getting booked a lot, then became best mates with Darren Moss and shared Mossy's angst. The payback was bringing in Capaldi. How pissed off would you be? The best thing for Lawrence this season has been Mossy leaving but I bet he doesn't see it that way. Personally I think Lawrence is mustard and will improve massively. However like many with a lot of potential and things to prove - Thommo, Blackie, Carl Baker and Yatesy - he may not stay around to prove it here. A crying shame if it happened.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
kennoshrimp wrote:That Preston heysham? ha ha!

Yes if he went it woun't be a pre deal we would want him going in the January Transfer window for a fee rather than him doing a thommo and getting away for nothing.

If he signs for someone else in January we will receive a nominal fee that recognises that he can go where he wants in the Summer.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Stay Wilson. Look what happend to Blackburn and Carlton. Back down to the Conference.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Chris Blackburn is a somewhat wasted talent in the Blue Square Premier
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:I know the grass isn't always greener. anyone hear where he's going? i heard championship but no set club was mentioned. Do you think he will stay?

Isn't he from Liverpool? I reckon Tranmere in League One.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 pm

MfcChris wrote:Stay Wilson. Look what happend to Blackburn and Carlton. Back down to the Conference.

Never could understand CB's reasons for leaving after Wembley but probably he thought he wouldn't make it in the league. Seems like he was right.

As for DC...grass being greener elsewhere?

Personally I'd have neither back although their are quite a lot who would in DC's case.
Christies Child

Postby chipbuns » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Stay Wilson. Look what happend to Blackburn and Carlton. Back down to the Conference.

Never could understand CB's reasons for leaving after Wembley but probably he thought he wouldn't make it in the league. Seems like he was right.

Personally I'd have neither back although their are quite a lot who would in DC's case.

Never thought he'd make it in the football league? :? Despite him leaving Morecambe to sign for Swindon in League 1....that makes sense :roll:
chipbuns

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:01 pm

chipbuns wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Never thought he'd make it in the football league? :? Despite him leaving Morecambe to sign for Swindon in League 1....that makes sense :roll:

Oooops :oops: ....shows you how much of an influence that he had there that I'd forgotten about Swindon. All I could recall was Aldershot where he left to return to the Conf. IF he was as good in the League as some make out, why is he now back in the Conf?
Christies Child

Postby kennoshrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Any suggestions or anyone know where Wilson will go?
kennoshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:38 pm

kennoshrimp wrote:Any suggestions or anyone know where Wilson will go?

when are you seeing your good source at Morecambe.

They may know by now.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:41 pm

This thread is pointless speculation IMO. It's one thing speculating on players coming in but this stuff really can't do the morale of the team any good at all 8-)

All we have at the moment is someone with a rather large spoon :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion