Aldershot Match OFF

Aldershot Match OFF

Postby quinny » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:43 am

The game against Aldershot has unfortunately been called off after a pitch inspeciton this morning by a Football League official.
quinny

Re: Aldershot Match OFF

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am

at least the massive turn out last night will have kept the coffers well stocked to pay all the wages
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:55 am

marky No.1 wrote:at least the massive turn out last night will have kept the coffers well stocked to pay all the wages

No mate, we made a loss last night.
somebody has to pay the costs for the bloody hats they were handing out ;)
halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:36 am

halftimeresults wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:at least the massive turn out last night will have kept the coffers well stocked to pay all the wages

No mate, we made a loss last night.
somebody has to pay the costs for the bloody hats they were handing out ;)

We beat the quiz machine a few times as well, until somebody thought it was a good idea to keep hitting the wrong button anyway :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:54 am

Bollocks! :evil: Thought there would be no worries with the relatively milder weather but I guess the pitch will take a while to thaw with two weeks of sub-zero temperatures. Long way for the Aldershot fans to come just to have the game called off at 10.00am tomorrow. :(
Wild Bill

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Bollocks! :evil: Thought there would be no worries with the relatively milder weather but I guess the pitch will take a while to thaw with two weeks of sub-zero temperatures. Long way for the Aldershot fans to come just to have the game called off at 10.00am tomorrow. :(

Totally agree with you there :evil:
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Bollocks! :evil: Thought there would be no worries with the relatively milder weather but I guess the pitch will take a while to thaw with two weeks of sub-zero temperatures. Long way for the Aldershot fans to come just to have the game called off at 10.00am tomorrow. :(

Totally agree with you there :evil:

......more importantly it saves us having to pay for Aldershot's travel and overnight costs IF the game had been called off on match day.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm

I think the club has aired on the side of caution. If it was a local team I am sure they would have waited until tomorrow for the pitch inspection and we would have a game.

In saying that, looking around today there was a lot of rain puddles sat on semi frozen grass. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Wild Bill wrote:I think the club has aired on the side of caution. If it was a local team I am sure they would have waited until tomorrow for the pitch inspection and we would have a game.

In saying that, looking around today there was a lot of rain puddles sat on semi frozen grass. :roll:

Which then begs the question: why does the fixture computer churn out a local derby v. Aldershot :roll: when we could have played say Bury tomorrow instead of September 28th,
which would have got a pitch inspection tomorrow morning and a bigger crowd as well!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:48 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:I think the club has aired on the side of caution. If it was a local team I am sure they would have waited until tomorrow for the pitch inspection and we would have a game.

Which then begs the question: why does the fixture computer churn out a local derby v. Aldershot :roll: when we could have played say Bury tomorrow instead of September 28th,
which would have got a pitch inspection tomorrow morning and a bigger crowd as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:09 pm

A great article. I have read that before.
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:

The way the fixture list is generated needs to be looked at so we don't get too many situations like this. In an ideal world we would be playing a north west team around this time of year then if the game has a chance of being on the pitch inspection does not need to be done untill the morning of the game. Can't be that easy though can it?
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:

The way the fixture list is generated needs to be looked at so we don't get too many situations like this. In an ideal world we would be playing a north west team around this time of year then if the game has a chance of being on the pitch inspection does not need to be done untill the morning of the game. Can't be that easy though can it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:53 am

which would have got a pitch inspection tomorrow morning and a bigger crowd as well![/quote]
The way the fixture list is generated needs to be looked at so we don't get too many situations like this. In an ideal world we would be playing a north west team around this time of year then if the game has a chance of being on the pitch inspection does not need to be done untill the morning of the game. Can't be that easy though can it?[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html[/quote]

A serious case of repetition I fear caused by a lack of a live footballing 'fix'..... :shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion