Expectations Too High

Expectations Too High

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:46 am

Listening to a few people yesterday there is a minority that expect US to go to places like Cheltenham and be getting a result and then get angry and moan when we don't. If they can't live with travelling that distance, not winning then asking for their money back they should probably really stay at home.

We go to support the team and enjoy the day. Yes we like to win, play well and score 5 goals every game. We have raised the bar with the current squad we have and have climbed the ladder now to as far as we can realistically expect IMO . Just enjoy it
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Expectations Too High

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 am

I agree Mark.

Hurling abuse at the manager because you believe he's taken the wrong player off only serves to cause us all embarrassment as fans.

One person shouted Sammy out, but he was being sarcastic at the previous person I mentioned, unfortunately this never comes over this way, and it looked like he meant it.
I'm sure he didn't though, but he's a big lad and will tell us himself when he's finished his love-in with Happy Harry :lol:

I must say we all had a good day out on our bus ;)

Thanks to all for making it so, and, really, don't let the football spoil your day. :D
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 am

Hope the DJ didn't let you down too much on the way back. Biggest fish and chips I've ever seen :D
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:21 am

marky No.1 wrote:Hope the DJ didn't let you down too much on the way back. Biggest fish and chips I've ever seen :D

Ockers got the large last year :o :o

I think he was still eating it days later.

Chips, curry sauce with spicy chicken and chilli sauce on top is the way forward, no good whatsoever for my cholesterol levels, hey-ho :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I agree Mark.

Hurling abuse at the manager because you believe he's taken the wrong player off only serves to cause us all embarrassment as fans.

One person shouted Sammy out, but he was being sarcastic at the previous person I mentioned, unfortunately this never comes over this way, and it looked like he meant it.
I'm sure he didn't though, but he's a big lad and will tell us himself when he's finished his love-in with Happy Harry :lol:

Thanks to all for making it so, and, really, don't let the football spoil your day. :D

:o Did it? I remember you saying but didn't think of it like that, I was just so wound up at the bloke abusing Sammy. I was lucky enough to not be at Oxford when this guy was in full flow. It's sad really. Why go all that way if your not prepared to lose and STILL enjoy it?

We had a terrific day, with particular highlights eating marky no.1's leftovers (enough for a king!), Mark S's outstanding dee-jaaying (and his story of Curly's sledgehammer :lol: ) but best of all was the grandparent style dancing from pretty much everyone all day! Please keep your hands on the wheel Mick! :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 pm

my expectations are not all that high

it's the quality of the football down to boring negative tactics leading to a lack of goal mouth action as been my beef

i dont mind getting beat aslong as we go out onto there fighting(attacking) and yesterday sounded like we did just that and gave it our best shot at Cheltrnham and played positively with a 4 4 2 have no problem with that
George Dawes

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I was quite discusted by the negative screaming at the manager for his substitutions.
He set up the team to win the game, played 442 like we have requested all season and certain fans still feel the need to pick fault. Wainwright for Brown was a good swap IMO. Straight swap, but it gave us something different. Spencer for Mullin wasnt as effective but i reckon if Spencer had been introduced to the game earlier, it may of been different.

Must say had a fantastic day! :)
chrise27007mk2

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:I agree Mark.

:o Did it? I remember you saying but didn't think of it like that, I was just so wound up at the bloke abusing Sammy. I was lucky enough to not be at Oxford when this guy was in full flow. It's sad really. Why go all that way if your not prepared to lose and STILL enjoy it?

He has got to be officialy the worst 'supporter' we have had. Cannot stand this loud verbal abuse at matches. Do it under your breath.

I do not expect us to be going to places like Cheltenham and win comfortably. Do we just expect to go to games and be the only side playing? Of course we are going to have good and bad spells as the opposition must attack as well :s

Yes we have played some poor stuff this season especially at home, but we have played good stuff too. The 4th place last year has given too big expectations. The last half of last season was particular incredible and maybe fans like this started supporting in November 2009. Go and support Chelsea if you want to win all your games. :evil:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Chelsea are losing :)
chrise27007mk2

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:46 pm

MfcChris wrote: Go and support Chelsea if you want to win all your games. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
MfcChris wrote: Go and support Chelsea if you want to win all your games. :evil:

WHY are you laughing? :shock:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

WHY are you laughing? :shock:

Erm, because Chelsea lost? :?
Bare Ben

Postby matty » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Bare Ben :lol:
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

:lol: :oops:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby ockers » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Hope the DJ didn't let you down too much on the way back. Biggest fish and chips I've ever seen :D

Ockers got the large last year :o :o

I think he was still eating it days later.

Chips, curry sauce with spicy chicken and chilli sauce on top is the way forward, no good whatsoever for my cholesterol levels, hey-ho :!:

did i? :lol: :lol:
i thought i always went for the chicken kebab mick
top chippie at penkridge must give it a try on the 20th
i know pazza senior likes it too!!
good shout!!
ockers

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:47 pm

When you go, have a look at the owner's tattoo on his left arm.

COYS!! ;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ockers » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm

shrimper wrote:When you go, have a look at the owner's tattoo on his left arm.

COYS!! ;)

:? coys??

will do.................
:)
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Didn't notice that but the Railway Pub had a railway line to rest your feet on at the bar. A few more beers and they would have had a sleeper to go with it 8-)
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 pm

ockers wrote:
shrimper wrote:When you go, have a look at the owner's tattoo on his left arm.

COYS!! ;)

:? coys??

will do.................
:)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coys

And it's not 'Choke on your sleeping-bag!'
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion