Heysham M6 Link

Heysham M6 Link

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Rumours circulating that the Comprehensive Spending Review has signalled the end of the Heysham M6 Link. Road improvements listed focus on all the big projects such as M1 widening and a second Mersey bridge. Meanwhile smaller projects have bitten the dust. We'll only know when Lancs CC receives it's final spending settlement so the road may appear in LCC's funding support list.

Would be a disaster for local jobs and long-term investment. The main saviour (?) is that Heysham has been listed on the second shortlist for new nuclear power stations.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Heysham M6 Link

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Build the road and the power station and the Morecambe area is set well to get through the next few difficult years relatively unscathed. Or listen to the MBI's and Morecambe will be on its knees by the time the economy picks up.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby burple » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 am

we are royally fucked if that road doesn't get built

IMO the road and the new power station are heavily linked, one won't happen without the other. chicken and the egg

It is vital even without the new power staion that road gets built
burple

Postby Brian C » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm

If Heysham gets the nod, and EDF (more than likely), the contract. Then I believe EDF will do what they do in France and pay for the relief road!

I understand the power station cannot go ahead without it, as the current 'recommended route' is too restricted.
Brian C

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

surely as the land for the road has been purchased compulsarily then it will go ahead , just a case of when.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Brian C wrote:If Heysham gets the nod, and EDF (more than likely), the contract. Then I believe EDF will do what they do in France and pay for the relief road!

I understand the power station cannot go ahead without it, as the current 'recommended route' is too restricted.

EDF could build it and then have it as a toll road untill it pays for itself(building it) but obviously have it free for construction traffic working at the site(power station)
George Dawes

Postby Gnasher » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 am

Keith wrote:Build the road and the power station and the Morecambe area is set well to get through the next few difficult years relatively unscathed. Or listen to the MBI's and Morecambe will be on its knees by the time the economy picks up.

Doesn't help when an opposition name somehow doesn't manage to get onto the ballot paper.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion