O/T Broadway new speed limit

O/T Broadway new speed limit

Postby Gnasher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:18 am

ImageImage

The 40mph signs have gone from Broadway and at all approaches on roads leading onto Broadway are "New 30mph limit" signs. That camera's going to get some use!

This message is brought to you by Gnasher Promotions, part of the Kind To Supporters not-for-profit agency
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Re: O/T Broadway new speed limit

Postby captain sparkle » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 am

,,,and there's a strange camera pole at the end of Greyhound bridge,with cameras facing both ways!!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:15 pm

captain sparkle wrote:,,,and there's a strange camera pole at the end of Greyhound bridge,with cameras facing both ways!!

Not to mention the ones in Carnforth near the roundabout near Pine Lake, opposite the recycle centre. Same camera set up, what's that about?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:30 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
captain sparkle wrote:,,,and there's a strange camera pole at the end of Greyhound bridge,with cameras facing both ways!!

Not to mention the ones in Carnforth near the roundabout near Pine Lake, opposite the recycle centre. Same camera set up, what's that about?

To catch those who turn RIGHT on exiting the centre instead of turning LEFT as instructed by the signage?

Even more survailance from Big Brother. Next they'll be checking that we put the correct items in the correct recylce deposits.....at your home! :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Or they could just be traffic sensors? My TomTom Live has recently started to report the traffic delays on Greyhound Bridge and offered detours which would explain it if they were indeed sensors.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Does anyone know when it changed? I know I definitely went down it on Thursday doing 40, but I didn't see any signs. I saw the signs on Friday night and started to panic! :oops:
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion