Reaction To Bury Defeat - Listen Here

Reaction To Bury Defeat - Listen Here

Postby The Bay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 am

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Reaction To Bury Defeat - Listen Here

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 am

3 very honest opinions and fair reflections of the game. Interesting how Mullers talks about the pace of Bury.

Sammy talks about bringing in yet more defensive cover. Sorry Sammy but it's strikers we need. They score 2 .....we'll score 3 etc etc etc.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 am

How many years is it now where he brought in players in the summer then after a few games realised problems haven't been addressed or the players he has brought in aren't good enough and then we have to go finding loans etc to help us out.
Surley if we have the best squad he has ever had he must have been happy with his summer signings, is he now admitting the squad isn't good enough?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby N Saban » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:05 am

P/T Indie....... I think the problem is Sammy signs theses players then doesn't know what his best team is. we play better when we are down to the bare bones and he doesn't have a choice of which team to pick. For me the best midfield we have still contains Hunter and Drummond and they should play most of the time consistent performers who know the club.
N Saban

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 am

I doubt Sammy banked on losing 3 defenders in his starting squad all in one go. Has Moss actually left the club then? Given our injury problems at the back he would save us a headache if still here as we are currently looking to employ players out of position to scrape together a back four.

Shuker needs time, looks a skilful player but it just hasn't clicked for him so far. Generally I think Sammy has brought in some good players, although there doesn't appear to have been much of a plan in doing so, which has led to a bit of an imbalance in the squad; we have loads of wide players and midfielders but not enough cover in defence and too few goal scoring options up top.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:16 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Moss

Wiki say he signed two year contract what has he did so wrong this season two be not even on the bench.

Morecambe release players ie the fall guy like Danny adams last season.

But Morecambe sounded like a 4-1 home lose is harsh but Come on I know injuries yawn.

Look at teams like Portsmouth with a 15 man squad beating Leicester 6-1 at home last weekend and this team we still bottom of league.

Come on I do not want Sammy gone bring back Moss and Fleming
essex_shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Look at teams like Portsmouth with a 15 man squad beating Leicester 6-1 at home last weekend and this team we still bottom of league.

....and Brizzle City 3-1 last night.
Plain Peter

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 am

Christies Child wrote:3 very honest opinions and fair reflections of the game. Interesting how Mullers talks about the pace of Bury.

Sammy talks about bringing in yet more defensive cover. Sorry Sammy but it's strikers we need. They score 2 .....we'll score 3 etc etc etc.

We have scored 6 in the last 3 games. we have also hit the woodwork more than any other team in league 2. its the 8 we conceded in the last 3 games thats prevented us getting 7 or 9 points from them.
Every time a teams attacks us it looks like they will score.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby PottedShrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Hmm "ambitions to get out of this league" I'd be happy with ones to stay in it at the moment...
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Return to General Discussion