Well done lads!

Well done lads!

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

What a great game, despite being torn apart in the first 25 mins, we really got our acts together and pushed at Bury.
For about 50 minutes of that game we were dominant, we were attacking with menace, getting forwards well and playing some brilliant football! A disaloud goal, (which was a goal... :o ) Hit the post twice! Very unlucky not to win tonight. I think our corners and free kicks are again becomeing a great assest to us, so we should use them as much as possible.
It was a shame that Bury caught us on the break twice after we poured up field. It was horrible to see them lose the game by that.

All in all, things are on the up. Bentley was immence. Stanleys set peices were superb and Duffy, well what a star. Also good to see Wilson and Rundle getting subbed on, Rundles corssing is very dagerous!

P.s. Bury fans will be smug, but we have a lot of good points to take from that game. Really Bury did not deserve anything.

Well done again lads, and up the shrimps! :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Well done lads!

Postby alwaysright » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm

What planet are you from, Bury didnt deserve anything, we should have won !!!!!! ok we had spells where we had a go at them and it was an improvement from saturday but over 90 mins they were by far the better footballing side.
alwaysright

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I wouldn't go as far as congratulating a 4-1 loss however it happened. We were poor to start with and gifted them a 2-0 lead which could have been as much as 4-0 with them also hitting the post. We didn't have a sniff in the first half an hour and couldn't cope with their pace and very good football.

After that we started to dominate and I was hoping we would take advantage of this spell and did so 2-1 half time. Second half we game out and had a dominant spell right up until their third goal. Our offside goal was not offside as far as I could tell and I think everyone was bemused. In the same period we should have at least equalised if not gone ahead.

Once they got the 3rd it was gameover and they took advantage and got a 4th.

First half we did not have enough bite in midfield and still did not threaten them AT ALL until we were 2-0 down. It cannot go on like this. Our weak players were Capaldi and Scott and general weakness in the first half was not closing them down quick enough.

Positives: Jim Bentley played well for me but my man of the match was Duffy whom without we would be nothing at the moment. He creates everything.

In conclusion, if we had got an equaliser we may just have gone on to win it but to say Bury deserved nothing would be wrong, they took their chances, we didn't and some of their football was really good.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm

:lol: We were by far the better side. I guess your not 'alwaysright'
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Like your positivity Matty, mate but I can't agree (not with all of that anyway).

I thought Bury looked a very decent side, worked their socks off and fully deserved their win, given our poor efforts early in the game.

But what I will say is that, bizarrely, I'm more encouraged by that performance than many of our home games this season, despite the result. I thought, when we did start playing, we knocked it about well, worked for each other and created more chances than we have in just about any other game this season.

Had any of those efforts on goal hit the target - or been allowed - then the whole dynamic of the game changes and we wouldn't have got caught with so many men forward as we did to give them their last two.

We need to cut out the silly errors that gave them so much space early on and work on what we did well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:What a great game, despite being torn apart in the first 25 mins, we really got our acts together and pushed at Bury.
For about 50 minutes of that game we were dominant, we were attacking with menace, getting forwards well and playing some brilliant football! A disaloud goal, (which was a goal... :o ) Hit the post twice! Very unlucky not to win tonight. I think our corners and free kicks are again becomeing a great assest to us, so we should use them as much as possible.
It was a shame that Bury caught us on the break twice after we poured up field. It was horrible to see them lose the game by that.

All in all, things are on the up. Bentley was immence. Stanleys set peices were superb and Duffy, well what a star. Also good to see Wilson and Rundle getting subbed on, Rundles corssing is very dagerous!

P.s. Bury fans will be smug, but we have a lot of good points to take from that game. Really Bury did not deserve anything.

Well done again lads, and up the shrimps! :)

have your belated exam results gone to your edd .................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Bury were far far better and fully deserve to win, however there were signs of good things from us.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Fair play for the positivity, I can't wait for all the negative brigade to get on here and shout for Sammy's head again. It was an improvement, not enough in the end but boo hoo, level heads still needed.
Bare Ben

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 pm

I give up with you lot. Just shoot me down.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby bill ding » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Fair play for the positivity, I can't wait for all the negative brigade to get on here and shout for Sammy's head again. It was an improvement, not enough in the end but boo hoo, level heads still needed.

Yep Morecambe 1 , Bury 4 some improvement . :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 pm

bill ding wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Fair play for the positivity, I can't wait for all the negative brigade to get on here and shout for Sammy's head again. It was an improvement, not enough in the end but boo hoo, level heads still needed.

Read my post. :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
bill ding wrote:

read it 3 times and bollox
shrimpnsave

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Look on the bright side guys,another cracking attendence,i just feel we need a bit of pace upfront :!: And can i just say rundle was class a must start on saturday
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:
bill ding wrote:

read it 3 times and bollox

Well done, im surprised you can read at all. I suppose slagging off a young lad for being positive by referring to his exam results is entirely helpful. Bellend.
Bare Ben

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:59 pm

I havent even taken my exams, so that went well for him :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 pm

but my man of the match was Duffy whom without we would be nothing at the moment. He creates everything.

You're absolutely right young man, he's the only player we had on the pitch who could actually control the ball and do something with it, unlike the two strikers who's ball control is non existant.

We should have gone in at half - time with an easy equalizer , again Duffers put the ball in right to Mullins feet but no control ,and straight to goalie.

Like Glen has mentioned, if some of those chances we had in second half , had gone in then we would have been a lot more positive , but just like Saturday the opposition move the ball quickly to their strikers who HAVE got pace and ball control and next minute its a goal or Roachy has had to make another save.

Says it all really when Drummy is our top goal scorer. ;)
parceldave

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Bellend

havnt a clue where that is...

is it near knotend??????
shrimpnsave

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Bellend

havnt a clue where that is...

is it near knotend??????

Ever thought of taking up comedy?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Wow that's funny.
Bare Ben

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 pm

parceldave wrote:Says it all really when Drummy is our top goal scorer. ;)

Joint top scorer two seasons ago. Had more shots than any player this season and gets in great position. So expect a lengthy spell on the bench then :-)
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Bury were the better side and deserved the win but again didn't really get going untill we went 2-0 down. Ok maybe it would have been a different story if Paul Scott's goal was given to be honest we thought it was onside but will have to look at it again to be sure.

Though Stanley being named MOTM was well deserved too best player on the pitch tonight.

Another decent attendance again but it did seem like their were a lot more than on Saturday MBW stand looked quite full and a decent away support as well.
heysham_mfc

Postby jonnythedog » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 pm

I thought that the MBW stand put a good shift in tonight, sounded very noisy from the Main Stand.

Duffy had a really good game tonight and showed some excellent control, i'd have given him the man of the match personally, Stanners was also good too. The rest of the team seem to be suffering from a bad case of hesitancy at the moment though, second to 50-50 balls, snatching at passes, they seem to be thinking too much... this eveing we seemed to be waiting to see what they would do and found ourselves 2-0 down before we got anywhere near their goal.

Bury deserved the win, they took their chances and their pace and movement made the difference, The third goal as a sucker punch and ended any chance we had, it was also a rubbish goal to concede, very frustrating.

I still can't help but think of what might have been if the disallowed goal had stood though, it also took me a good couple of minutes to realise it had been disallowed.

Not panicing yet though, we'll smash Bratfud!
jonnythedog

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Wow that's funny.

bare bum,sorry you cant see my sense of humour but i tink you lack in that department

facts and no humour

get a life

your like a bear with a sore ar.e
shrimpnsave

Postby parceldave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Posh wrote:
parceldave wrote:Says it all really when Drummy is our top goal scorer. ;)

Joint top scorer two seasons ago. Had more shots than any player this season and gets in great position. So expect a lengthy spell on the bench then :-)

Next to Flemming . :o
parceldave

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 pm

[edit] Let's not have the thread descend even further in to personal stuff lads.
Bare Ben

Next

Return to General Discussion