Morecambe Player

Morecambe Player

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

From another thread...

shrimpnsave wrote:
Keith wrote:Me neither :cry: No chat room and no Morecambe Player, but at least I don't pay to not get the chat room.

Burnley Player works though so I can listen to Burnley v Hull :?

why dont all of you unsubscribe :?: :?: :?:

I have :(

Really sad. A great concept but I'm just fed up with the frustration of expecting something that isn't delivered. I've e-mailed them repeatedly without hearing back. Richard (USA Shrimp) said on Saturday after Player went down that I was like the kid who keeps going back to the pretty girl despite getting dumped on time after time. And he's right.

I hope I'll subscribe again sometime but for the moment, I'd rather know I'm getting nothing than pay for something only for them to take my money but not deliver, then ignore me when I e-mail them. :x

For what it is worth, when it works, the guys commentating all do a great job.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe Player

Postby fletch_al » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

You sure its not something on your end Keith. I had no problems at all tonight.
fletch_al

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Well the error messages were from Player and as soon as I switched to Burnley v Hull, it worked fine. Either I was just unlucky or you were lucky, I don't know. Point is, it didn't work on Saturday for the full game, it didn't work tonight for the full game, on one occasion the whole thing went down for everyone and one of the earlier games failed too. Nine games played, four games commentary failed for all or part of the match and I don't know about the occasions when I was actually watching the games! Practically 50% failure rate, if they had any kind of customer relations, they'd at least offer an apology but so far any apologies have come from Sean or Freez rather than Player.

Actually, if they had any kind of customer relations, they'd at least reply to e-mails!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Edit: Problems with ISDN lines again
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby parkyboy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:43 pm

I live at leeds near the airport and i got commentary on the whole match from player
parkyboy

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:55 pm

everyone should cancel, make a statement!!!

We are fans but we all pay good money to watch and listen to the team play football, therefore we should get great entertainment for our money but we don't, why can't morecambe fc set up there own radio station up and charge to listen, we would get all money then and stop having such issues!!!

If there is not enough ISDN lines then get more installed its not hard, if the club wish for people to spend money then the club need to spend money on each service offered, you can't expect people to spend good money or poor services, simples!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:59 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:everyone should cancel, make a statement!!!

We are fans but we all pay good money to watch and listen to the team play football, therefore we should get great entertainment for our money but we don't, why can't morecambe fc set up there own radio station up and charge to listen, we would get all money then and stop having such issues!!!

If there is not enough ISDN lines then get more installed its not hard, if the club wish for people to spend money then the club need to spend money on each service offered, you can't expect people to spend good money or poor services, simples!!!

agreed....cancel and you make a statement 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 am

I don't know if this could shed any light but t'other week away at Oxford, because it's so quiet I was listening on headphones through my laptop, and my wife was doing similar through another (same account same room ;) ).
We had the scenario where one would go quiet but the other continue, then, when both were on, one would have a delay :? :?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 am

I couldn't log on a few weeks ago and contacted Player Admin who helped. Unfortunately despite their advice and assistance I couldn't get the service. As a result I demanded my money back and after a few days it was credited to my account.

No problems from my perspective, but then again they maybe knew that CC would have given them real stick! ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 am

who/how did you contact them? I don't get responses to give them stick in the first place!

It's a shame Radio Lancs aren't allowed to broadcast commentary live over the internet. Looks like I'll be digging the old radio out again and balancing it precariously at a funny angle on the windowsill to try and keep in touch that way. Any ideas on how to improve the FM/MW reception?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 am

Try this Keith. They responded to me via this address.

customerservices@performgroup.com

Best of luck
Neil
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion