An Exile's first visit to The Globe

An Exile's first visit to The Globe

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 am

Got back darn sarf last night, and spent ages reading all the comments from the game, so there’s not much point me making any really.
But I will, but not so much about the game.
Me and Doris enjoyed our first visit to The Globe.
Looked rather splendid as we pulled up on the 6A from Lancaster. Not sure about the slag heaps either side of the approach to the ground.
Took advantage of the beer offer in the bar. Would prefer to have a beer in the ground though.
As it was such a pleasant day we decided on the North Terrace.
Walked round the back of the ground and in.

Did we get the wow-factor? Well, the PM Stand looked brilliant, but the MBW and BR stands seemed very ordinary. I was amazed at the low roof on the MBW stand in particular. It looked small, almost sheepish.
The North Terrace has no depth. I can’t see much atmosphere being generated along there. We stood mid-way between the half-way line and the MBW goal.
When the game got going we could hear the noise from the back of the MBW. But it wasn’t the sort of noise that carried well. The half dozen or so Barnet fans high up in the PM Stand seemed to be more vocal.
I was surprised when the attendance was announced. Less people appeared to make more noise at Crusty, and until Shrimps pulled a goal back it had become vey quiet.
With opposing fans being so far apart, and accoustics being so poor, I think generating an atmosphere is going to be a problem.
Getting out of the ground at full-time was easy enough.

General comments:
I think the admission price to the MBW and North Terrace should be the same, and that movement between the two should be unrestricted. As it is, I’ll be surprised if anyone will want to stand on an open North Terrace when it’s cold and wet, i.e. the majority of the season. You’ll get drowned or frozen even walking off Westgate up the approach and round the back of the ground. Tbh, all spectators at a modern venue should be sheltered from the weather. The result is going to be an empty North Terrace, and an overflowing MBW Stand. That may encourage some to dig a bit deeper into their pocket and sit-down in the PM Stand, or piss some people off for good.
Plain Peter

Re: An Exile's first visit to The Globe

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm

204 hits, and not a single comment.
I've had a premonition ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Not a single murmer of support for Garibaldi from the North Terrace during the first half.
It was as though wtf's he :shock:?
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Feeling lonely Peter? We were enjoying listening talking to yourself :lol:

Hope you had an enjoyable week in Morecambe and left the Globe with more + + + than - - -

Presume you mean Capaldi? He had a good game at Southend. Strange how such as he, Shuker and that winger from Carlisle (from higher divisions) have let themselves down particularly at home :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Peter wrote:204 hits, and not a single comment.

You'll find you get more replies when you talk bollocks! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:204 hits, and not a single comment.

You'll find you get more replies when you talk bollocks! :lol:

That explains alot in your case too then Keith? :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 am

all in all, this seems like a balanced summary from a north terrace perspective, if i was the north terrace season ticket holder i would invest in some decent waterproofs an a sturdy brolley :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:01 am

Now don't ridicule my next comment Mr.potato but I'm serious when I say that people will need waterproofs including trousers sitting in the front part of the main stand.It is so open and if the wind is blowing the rain in from the North terrace, then LOOK OUT!!! :o :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:28 am

totally agree seasons, the stand faces the sea so it is inevitable :|
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion