Home fans

Home fans

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm

The only chanting I heard was once from the hospitality box when they shouted "YOUR NOT SINGING YOUR NOT SINGING YOUR NOT SINGIN ANY MORE" and there was no singing at all from the MBW stand. Absoloute rubbish!
Little Shrimp

Re: Home fans

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:03 pm

I wasn't really singing, i was screaming remarks. :lol: 8-)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Theres a brand new thread on this already, post in there or get yourself a megaphone and make the atmosphere louder yourself
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:08 pm

ezz wrote:Theres a brand new thread on this already, post in there or get yourself a megaphone and make the atmosphere louder yourself

Yeah I can get them at Gimme Gizmo in Lancaster!

Matty the Shrimp wrote:I wasn't really singing, i was screaming remarks. :lol: 8-)

Same here 8-)
Little Shrimp

Postby phil1965365 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 am

Having been on mbw terrace and in the main stand this season , you can ere singing on mbw terrace but when going in main stand the atmosphere on mbw terrace sounds crap......TOTAL OPPOSITE OF LAST SEASON........
phil1965365

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 am

The atmosphere, if that's what you call it, was sombre today. We need an injection of something to kick start our League season at the Globe. One thinks we all got a bit carried away with Coventry and Burnley. Only Andy Parrish and Baz could really be arsed responding as we clapped them off the pitch :( X 10
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I was in the Main Stand and couldnt hear much out of the MBW Stand. The Barnet fans didnt stop all game.

It was noisy before the match with the drum banging as the teams were being read out and then nothing.........

Is there someone who could co-ordinate all that passion into noisy, positive chanting and singing? I would volunteer but I take my young sons to matches and they dont like it on the terrace.

When the fans are on song, they are fantastic.
Happy Harry

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Happy Harry wrote:When the fans are on song, they are fantastic.

When the fans are on song :?
Little Shrimp

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Its a bit hard with the performances on the pitch to be fair.
The lads in the terrace including myself do try and create a good atmosphere but its as if knowone can be ar**d. So if knowbody has the enthusiasm to join in then seriously..
what is the point? Wasnt so long ago the sky commentators were singing our praises, we were 6-0 and singing our hearts out.

Right, tuesday night.. lets sing our hearts out and get behind the lads because they need it.
GET INVOLVED :!: :!:
chrise27007mk2

Postby rickster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

absoulte shit atmosphere we are not doing to well at the moment but thats no excuse for not creating an atmosphere wether we winning or losing we need to be chanting a lot more get behind the team and lets make the globe a intimadating place for away fans and teams to come.
rickster

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:13 pm

one good thing about yesterday was the turnout...2200 compared to 1600 last season for same game...hopefully with bury bringing decent following on tuesday we should break 2500
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:15 pm

We are singing, just nobodys joining in... :roll:
Crooky MFC

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:20 pm

rickster wrote:absoulte shit atmosphere we are not doing to well at the moment but thats no excuse for not creating an atmosphere wether we winning or losing we need to be chanting a lot more get behind the team and lets make the globe a intimadating place for away fans and teams to come.

Lets see you getting involved then Rickster.
Sammy h

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:38 pm

what so you could not hear us near the end?when we where on top?
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:48 pm

As 1970 says, the one positive thing was a very good turnout of home supporters, barnet brought less than fifty, so an excellent effort from us lot, lets hope we get something going that keeps them coming on tuesday :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:13 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:As 1970 says, the one positive thing was a very good turnout of home supporters, barnet brought less than fifty, so an excellent effort from us lot, lets hope we get something going that keeps them coming on tuesday :!:

If they track you around the Globe they will know they can use the facilities for nothing so yes you will have a huge following. Just let me get my beer first please
marky No.1

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:36 pm

I think that PMG stand needs to put some more effort into the singing department. Loads of folk have drifted into the new stand who used to be in the North Stand. Perhaps they are still giving it plenty, there seems to be small pockets who are willing to sing, yesterday there were a couple of attempts that didn't amount to much. However, I suspect that many needed the full on persistence of the North Stand to join in.

Last year when the Dale Cavesse began me and Mrs Lion decided to say bollards to the polite attitude and just kept at it with the younger singers. We got loads of looks that said 'what are you 2 old farts up to?' but we persisted and eventually I noticed some other regular inhabitants of our area join in. At the end of the season it was superb and what's more it was FUN and it embellished a great afternoon, win, lose or draw.

Yesterday the MBW crew were trying as always but the rest of the ground have stopped joining in.

From our spot in C1 we get up and try, but there just aren't enough others prepared to do the same. I am really disappointed with the lot of you if you are reading this. No need to stand up and sing...just give it a go from your seat, it works too, and you will be astonished at how fabulous it feels to let rip. If you are too scared to sing, put your hands together and give the clapping a thrash. Show some passion peeps and maybe the players will feel that they have something to play for and put in a big effort.

Perhaps Jimbo could jog up and down the touchline, glare and ask us all to raise the atmosphere. Pump it up stuff, who would argue with him?

Just like some of the players don't seem to be giving it 100%, I feel that some of our new standbys are not giving it 100%.

Be a proud supporter and do your bit to help the players. Does it matter if the team are playing like twonks? Of course, but it shouldn't mean that we have to support our team like a load of numpties...SING UP, CLAP UP, AND BE PROUD

End of...I feel better now. Bring on the Shakers cos we can all pitch in and help the lads on the field. :D
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Ok you wear your Lenny the Lion outfit and we will know who the bandleader is, then we can follow your lead ;)
marky No.1

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Ok you wear your Lenny the Lion outfit and we will know who the bandleader is, then we can follow your lead ;)

I am a bit too old for leading the pack these days. You youngsters ;) should be taking on that role. We sit/stand at the back these days and join in the fun to the best of our ability.
Caged Lion

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Caged Lion wrote: you will be astonished at how fabulous it feels to let rip.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so immature 8-)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm so immature 8-)

Leave the old fart alone
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I just got an image of a fella letting rip and then everyone within a 5 row radius just clearing out :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Just keep digging! Let rip then have a clearout :shock:

Whatever next? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:

Not as immature as me 8-)
Little Shrimp

Postby rickster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:19 pm

sammy h. i do get involved every song but what do u want me to do stand there and and sing on my own. how can 66 morecambe fans out sing 4000 southend fans. its to full of kids thease days that can not be botherd to sing after 10 mins of the game
rickster

Next

Return to General Discussion