Dire

Dire

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Well we robbed Barnet thats for sure. Did not deserve anything out of that, I'm having to think back to Accrington at home last season for a similarly dire performance. Half those players need dropping.
Roche - 7 Good saves and kept us in it
Hunter - 4 Worst game for a while
Scott - 5 Didnt hit it up with Parrish
Parrish - 6 Played much much better but not ideal for him to play CB
Capaldi - 3 Shocking home debut, gifted them the first goal. OK he's got a good throw, but needs to improve massively
Duffy - 6 Looked dangerous but had poor middle of the game. However he is becoming such an important player, when he's on song we get chances and goals
Drummond - 7 Had a fantastic last 20 minutes, doing what he does best, getting in the box and could have had 4 goals. Had an OK first 70.
Stanley - 5 Poor and almost non existant
Brown - 1 Shit. Rundle in
Mullin - 4 Clueless
Spencer - 5 Ineffective
Jevons - 6 Made a difference

Who should stay?
Roche, Parrish, Scott, Duffy, Drummond, Stanley but only if he plays better than that. Front 2 could be anyone, even Hendrie.

If Bury is that bad I'm going to nail my season ticket to the Globe.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Re: Dire

Postby 1953 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 pm

Pretty much agree with the marks & reasoning. What is the Wilson situation ?
Why didn't Fleming start?
Why do wait until we are behind before we show urgency? (Show it at 3.00pm)

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Roche 7?! 9 or 10, the amount of brilliant saves he made down the other end..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Moose » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

How can you only give Roche a 7? We would have had a thumping if it wasn't for him today! :shock:
Moose

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:07 pm

He made saves yes, but a couple of poor parries nearly gifted them goals, plus he didnt have a single complicated save to make, all were straight at him. They were poor at finishing, and his positioning was good, but he palmed a few into the danger area.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:He made saves yes, but a couple of poor parries nearly gifted them goals, plus he didnt have a single complicated save to make, all were straight at him. They were poor at finishing, and his positioning was good, but he palmed a few into the danger area.

Still saved them....
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:He made saves yes, but a couple of poor parries nearly gifted them goals, plus he didnt have a single complicated save to make, all were straight at him. They were poor at finishing, and his positioning was good, but he palmed a few into the danger area.

Still saved them....

Barry's a brilliant keeper and I just think on a different day, he would have saved them better. Perhaps on a different day he would have got to the penalty. But its hard to be critical of him, he did well when called upon. But we know he has played better and is capable of better
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:

Still saved them....

Barry's a brilliant keeper and I just think on a different day, he would have saved them better. Perhaps on a different day he would have got to the penalty. But its hard to be critical of him, he did well when called upon. But we know he has played better and is capable of better

Yeah i agree, but still he nearly saved the penalty and he was unlucky because Capladi made an absolute cock up.. Otherwise i felt he saved well and kept us in the game, could have been a rout.. :(
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Yeah i agree, but still he nearly saved the penalty and he was unlucky because Capladi made an absolute cock up.. Otherwise i felt he saved well and kept us in the game, could have been a rout.. :(

Better team at finishing, we would have shipped 4+
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Mullin, clueless? :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Bare in mind that both our centre backs went off injured, not the best scenario. I think we would have been better with McCready and Haining at the back.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:

Still saved them....

That's only part of the job though. I am a keeper and have been for a while and when you save it you have to push it out of the way. To be honest i thought most of their finishing was very poor minus the goals. Barry made lots of saves and couple of them really stood out as really good saves. I also think he was very unlucky with the penalty.
Little Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:21 pm

I can only add that my 3 year-old boy Liam shouted 'come on Morecambe' for about five minutes when we were one down. Then the penalty went in and he, completely unprompted, shouted 'rubbish Morecambe' a few times. Who was I to disagree?

Relegation performance. The only upside was scabbing a point.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Mullin, clueless? :lol:

Actually, that might be a bit harsh in hindsight. He's good at heading from less than 6 yards out :lol:
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Roche - 7. Lots of easy saves but did his job well enough.
Capaldi - 4. Cost us a goal (and the game?), showed no composure for such an experienced pro.
McCready - 6. Hope he's alright.
Haining - 6. As above.
Parrish - 8. Great headers and tidy play.
Brown - 5. No lack of effort, just out of position and ineffectual.
Drummond - 6. Some sloppiness today but also some class and did grab a goal.
Hunter - 5. Bad day at the office - a rare thing for Hunter you have to say.
Duffy - 6. Couldn't change the game for us but certainly tried to.
Mullin - 6. Not great but put a shift in.
Spencer - 5. Worked but didn't happen for him today.

Scott - 5. Not a right back IMO.
Stanley - 6. His set piece ability was useful. Not great but I'd start him next game.
Jevons - 6. Not the player to bring on to change a game.
james456

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:28 pm

i will not bite, i will not bite!!!! Disagree completely!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Other than giving the ball away for their first, I was impressed with Capaldi and linked up well with Brown in the first 45. Just shows that we all view a game differently.

MOM without doubt was Baz AGAIN. The number of times he saves us in a game is incredible.

Why oh why did we let Wayno go......? Playing in his favoured position as a C/F and not out wide he sounds as though he's the Wayno we all know of old, now he's at Fleetwood.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 pm

He's playing in a 4-3-3, though. In a league below. In a side that has spent a lot of money on other players in different positions. Still has only managed 1 goal. Wouldn't help us in any way, shape or form.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:Other than giving the ball away for their first, I was impressed with Capaldi and linked up well with Brown in the first 45. Just shows that we all view a game differently.

MOM without doubt was Baz AGAIN. The number of times he saves us in a game is incredible.

Why oh why did we let Wayno go......? Playing in his favoured position as a C/F and not out wide he sounds as though he's the Wayno we all know of old, now he's at Fleetwood.

Surprising that that Wayne is playing like the Wayne of old we all know. The Wayne of old who excels against conference oppostion. I really like him, he's a good bloke, but he's not good enough for league 2. Wish him well though
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:38 pm

totally agree CC i dont think Wayne was given a fair crack in L2 as a center forward and am not just saying it in hindsight said it before
George Dawes

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 pm

DawZi wrote:

totally agree CC i dont think Wayne was given a fair crack in L2 as a center forward and am not just saying it in hindsight said it before

I would have kept Wayne over Mullins just fort the fact that he can do the same job and is younger. He is also the better finisher of the two. However Wayne would struggle just the same in the current formation as Mullins is.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby shrimpinho » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm

[/quote] I would have kept Wayne over Mullins just fort the fact that he can do the same job and is younger. He is also the better finisher of the two. However Wayne would struggle just the same in the current formation as Mullins is.[/quote]

current formation? I'm pretty sure we played 4-4-2 today.

well I'll try and stay positive but today was just dire just so depressing. we all know that there is no easy games or guaranteed wins but the way the boys performed today was again dire. No real creativity, no real pace, defensive errors and another penalty. At the end of the day Barnet were the better team and we robbed them, (to their own errors) but we did. When I saw the team sheet I generally thought we was gonna have a real go, get at them from the off but we just didnt have that bite about us and Barnet grew in confidence as the game went on.

Clueless about the situation with Wilson, how can that lad be out of the team is beyond me! Brown, I love his energy and you can tell is a real workhorse but on the left??? He was figured out after half-n-hour, I can only think he was there to double mark Marshell who was superb, Barnet have got a real handy player there.

Roche...well where would we be without him, kept us in it time and time again. some superb saves.

Mullins played well IMO. Jevons made a difference when he came on. and duffy played okay, but i am basing on the last 20 mins because I can't find the positives from the first 70mins.

We've been here before, I'm thinking Macclesfield at home, (at team we expected to beat), Northampton at home. I've calmed down and refrained from saying some other stuff about todays performance. I'm just so dissapointed after saturdays result we didn't kick on or even look like kicking on.

oh by the way, anyone wanna clear up the penalty shout? from my view it was a act of pure cheating and how the referee deemed it within rules was beyond me. one of the most angriest moments in football for me, it was crazy to miss something like that, something so blatant, at first i thought it was the keeper who dived on the ball.

rant over....

2200 attendence, (if our core support has increased to 2000, well well done for coming down, it wasn't the most attractive fixture).
:lol: now i've finished.
shrimpinho

Postby Sammy h » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Capaldi was the worst player on the pitch. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.
Sammy h

Postby Morectalk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Bit rough on Mullin, he spent most of the game trying to get his head on balls being aimlessly lumped forward.
Morectalk

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Barry was by far the best player on the pitch today kept us in the game.

As for the first half the less said about it the better! second half was better not sure why we had to wait untill we were 2-0 down to get going though we where crap untill the penalty and in the end we could have won.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion