Morecambe 2 Barnet 2 Drummond, Mullin

Morecambe 2 Barnet 2 Drummond, Mullin

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

updates
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Barnet 0

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

17th minute morecambe atm no shots on target and that all it says
essex_shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:36 pm

no point of me doing updates because not alot of talking 30th minute morecambe 0 shot on target barnet 2 on target 42-58 possession in Barnett favour
essex_shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:51 pm

01 Roche
22 Parrish
28 Haining (Stanley 42)
15 McLachlan (Scott 16)
16 Drummond
18 Duffy
26 Capaldi
29 Brown
08 Hunter
14 Spencer
21 Mullin

Funny this is maclachlan is got released omg is Haining injured or is it tactics getting Stanley on and Scott
essex_shrimp

Re: Morecambe 0 Barnet 1

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:14 pm

are the fans booing sammy yet I guess considering the score i dunno
essex_shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:16 pm

0-1 after a string of chances for Barnet, including one cleared off the line and a couple of "great saves" by Barry.

"Barnet deserving their lead" :?
"Our poorest performance at home so far" :(
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Lose to Barnet, lose the manager.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Morecambe 0 Barnet 2

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 pm

really why who could we get come on
essex_shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

0-2.

"it's been all one way traffic" a couple of minutes before the penalty.

1-2 Drummie scored while I was typing! COME ON!!!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

There would be many people throwing their hat into the ring for a job at an up and coming League 2 side. MANY.
marky

Re: Morecambe 1 Barnet 2

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:33 pm

marky support morecambe please we got time to get a draw or late win remember.

sacking sammy omg
essex_shrimp

Re: Morecambe 1 Barnet 2

Postby marky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:35 pm

I've supported Morecambe for nearly 20 years my good man.
marky

Re: Morecambe 2 Barnet 2 Drummond, Mullin

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

2-2!

Mullin after a great chip in from Brown.

"they've done what we normally do, sit back [on a one goal lead] and let us attack"

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Thank god for that!
marky

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:46 pm

mullin come on ref give it 5 -6 minute injury time and jevon winner
essex_shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm

the performance was terrible i blame the manager for his selctions

we still have the same problems as last season finding the right balance in midfield, today we played two big center forwards but SM failed to utilise them by selecting two wingers to supply them he only selected Duffy

now if SM thinks Brown who is right-footed is better doing a job on the left wing than both Rundle & Wilson who are incidentally left footed he needs his head seeing to

and Garry Hunter if it wasn't for the fact he was a local lad from Morecambe people on here wouldn't harp on about he should be playing in the team every week today was evident he cant play in the middle he's to small and was also poor at fullback he is not L2 material

this was poor management today when is the coin going to drop...
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 pm

DawZi wrote:the performance was terrible i blame the manager

we still have the same problems as last season finding the right balance in midfield, today we played two big center forwards but SM failed to utilise them by selecting two wingers to supply them he only selected Duffy

now if SM thinks Brown who is right-footed is better doing a job on the left wing than both Rundle & Wilson who are incidentally left footed he needs his head seeing to

and Garry Hunter if it wasn't for the fact he was a local lad from Morecambe people on here wouldn't harp on about he should be playing in the team every week today was evident he cant play in the middle he's to small and was also poor at fullback he is not L2 material

this was poor management today when is the coin going to drop...

Give it a break! Garry Hunter had a poor game, but to say he isnt L2 material is unfair, on his day he can change the course of a game.

If the game was 10 minutes longer, I've no doubt we'd have won the game, its just a case of starting to play too late on. We'll be fine, 3 more points and we're just outside the playoffs.. :roll: :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Brown, Hunter and Spencer did not cut it today. When Jevons came on we played so much better, when stanely was on our set pieces were a threat and i think im missing something Rundle the left winger left of the bench for a right footed central midfielder? Get it right sammy!

Although i guess it doesn't help when the referee is absolute garbage, what he was doing when that fella just laid on the ball like a beached whale i don't know how that is a drop ball, absolute classic ref..

Vs Bury..
Roche
Scott Parrish Bentley Wilson
Duffy Stanley Drummond Rundle
Jevons Mullin

Lets hope that McCready and Hainings injuries aren't to bad.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Crooky MFC wrote: its just a case of starting to play too late on.

November :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Brown, Hunter and Spencer did not cut it today. When Jevons came on we played so much better, when stanely was on our set pieces were a threat and i think im missing something Rundle the left winger left of the bench for a right footed central midfielder? Get it right sammy!

Although i guess it doesn't help when the referee is absolute garbage, what he was doing when that fella just laid on the ball like a beached whale i don't know how that is a drop ball, absolute classic ref..

Vs Bury..
Roche
Scott Parrish Bentley Wilson
Duffy Stanley Drummond Rundle
Jevons Mullin

Lets hope that McCready and Hainings injuries aren't to bad.

Completely agree with everything you've said, Rundle had a great start to the season, him and Duffy on both wings would give full backs nightmares. And as for the ref, what a pillock, I dont think I've ever witnessed a more stupid decision than to stop the play like that. I mean if you are not going to give a penalty then thats kind of fair enough, but we were probably going to score anyway, so blowing for a drop ball is the work of a lunatic. Its almost as if he was making it up as he went along, because there is no way a drop ball could have resulted from that
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Absolutely abysmal today we didnt create anything in the first half at all and started the second half in the same manner. Spencer did nothing all game, Hunter was garbage (first time i have ever said that) and the defence overall was very poor. Of course, both our centre backs were taken off injured which meant things had to be changed a few times but whenever Barnet attacked we failed to clear anything adequately and they would pick up the ball easily and attack again.

Drummond was not MOM for me, it was clearly Barry because without him we would have been in the relegation zone right now on a double-figured-negative goal difference.

The referee and his assistants were ridiculously poor which we seem to be saying more and more frequently nowadays.

All that said, we did well to come back into it (it would not have happened against a good side) but for christ sake why do we not attack from the start (against a team in poor form themselves) - Barnet actually ran at us today and caused us problems, whereas any attack we have is guarenteed to be passed back to a defender at least twice before getting anywhere near the oppositions penalty box.

For tuesday: Jevons, Stanley, Rundle all to start.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Barnet actually ran at us today and caused us problems, whereas any attack we have is guarenteed to be passed back to a defender at least twice before getting anywhere near the oppositions penalty box.

And there will have been people there today from Bury who will report back to the Bury management. And on Tuesday there will be folk from Bradford... and the reports will be, they try to keep it tight but can't so attack them from the start...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Keith wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:Barnet actually ran at us today and caused us problems, whereas any attack we have is guarenteed to be passed back to a defender at least twice before getting anywhere near the oppositions penalty box.

And there will have been people there today from Bury who will report back to the Bury management. And on Tuesday there will be folk from Bradford... and the reports will be, they try to keep it tight but can't so attack them from the start...

It's the lack of pace too. Every team seems to know to push up as we've got no pace up front or on the wings. Barnet on the other hand had a few quickies and broke fast when we had to go for it.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:00 pm

who have we got with any real pace?

Wilson and errrrrrr

surely wilson will be back on Tuesday but where will he play Capaldi then ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Its pretty clear what our strongest team is, to me its:

Roche

Parrish Haining McCready/Brown Wilson

Duffy Fleming Stanley Rundle

Mullin Jevons

Injuries change and so do poor performances but thats our strongest eleven in that formation for home games which was proven to work last year with the strikers. On the bench is plenty of talent left to change a game if Sammy ever makes a sub before 75 mins.
We serously need to pick up some wins especially one at home....dont want any voodoo in the players minds that we cant win there. Starting from there makes sense and seeing what happens.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Next

Return to General Discussion