One thing Harvey started we haven't kept going

One thing Harvey started we haven't kept going

Postby ezz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Youth team system!!
We generated quite a lot of talent in the 90's which boosted a club like us to where we are now with very limited resources. You see clubs producing the talent now and were buying off them (e.g southport), what happened to our own youth policy? We haven't had many players come through since Sammy has been in charge and its one area we need to improve on. Think it's perfect timing with the new facilities to start developing some top talent early on, which will either save us a lot of money in the future or generate a lot of money from selling promising talent to bigger clubs. Either way each youth team player that makes it is a massive bonus to the club and is something we haven't been doing well for too long.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: One thing Harvey started we haven't kept going

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm

I thought there was something in the visitor(/lancaster guardian?) a few months back asking for people who would take in youth players as lodgers or something suggesting they were taking it a bit more seriously and looking further afield than the local area?
Morecambe Jack

Postby Joelinho » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Just because there aren't as many breaking into the first team doesn't mean the club isn't developing a youth system. I worked at the college for enrolment week and the number of young lads coming in, some from Ireland, Liverpool and other parts of the country on Morecambe's books, was astonishing.
Joelinho

Postby Dan.Campbell » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I thought there was something in the visitor(/lancaster guardian?) a few months back asking for people who would take in youth players as lodgers or something suggesting they were taking it a bit more seriously and looking further afield than the local area?

A friend of mine is in the RAF and is away most the time so his Mother has had lodgers who are in the youth development program for the past couple of years now. Mainly scousers!
Dan.Campbell

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:10 pm

We certainly don't have enough scousers in the first team.
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:14 pm

If my lad was a talented scouse youngster i would be looking to get him in at northampton :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Dysie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 pm

And there was me thinking the answer to your subject title,

... was his ............. EGO!
Dysie

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:09 am

Vegitarianism
God I hate these hypocritical *******s. Just had one grumbling about me eating duck. When asked what the difference is with fish, after all its a living being albeit from a different habitat. It was met by an embarrassed silence before a rather offensive. Shut the **** up....

So what is the difference? Any veggies on here?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Completely forgot about this thread, name one youth player that hadn't already had a first team cap before Sammy came in that has made it at our club?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:44 pm

ezz wrote:Completely forgot about this thread, name one youth player that hadn't already had a first team cap before Sammy came in that has made it at our club?

Aaron Taylor ?

name one thats been good enough though
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Well isn't that the point? Surely we should be recruiting some talent at a young age, something needs improving as we have no talent there or any talent we have isn't being developed too well.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion