Barnet yesterday .....

Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 pm

I am totally sick and tired of people coming on this site and moaning about the team,unless we win 7-0 like Shrewsbury yesterday there will always be moaners on this site.... Secondly i would also like to say these few points about the team which i have supported for 30 years No.1 - Apart from last season the result at Barnet yesterday was our best result at Underhill No.2 - We have now gone 3 games undefeated only conceding 2 goals (that includes Oldham who are top of league one and Shrewsbury who won 7-0 yesterday and one of favourites to win league No.3 - One of our guys got thrown out yesterday for so called bad behaviour even though some of the young Barnet support were seen swearing for quite a while after we equalised but nothing was said to them (2 sides on the pitch and also 2 sets of fans off it who should be treated the same) Finally No.4 Well done to the 100 shrimps fans who travelled to Underhill yesterday great effort - i can only speak for myself but i enjoyed the day out very much - We gained a point at a tough ground,we saw the sun for most of the day,enjoyed a few beers and also chinese on route home ...... Almost a perfect day only to be ruined by certain people on here who cant help themselves and need to complain about something week in week out or some day in day out even if they dont go to the matches.... KEEP THE FAITH WE ARE A LEAGUE CLUB AND HERE TO STAY - PERIOD
Howe Magic

Re: Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

That is the best post I have ever seen 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 pm

Putting things into context before we whip ourselves up into a frenzy again about how negative Shrimpsvoices is.

414 members and 2 have questioned the result yesterday. Three if you count Ockers 'we held on' comment.
Mark S

Postby parkyboy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:07 pm

good post Howe Magic ,another important game coming up against Grimsby so do we make any changes because the whole team appears to have played well
parkyboy

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Mark S wrote:Putting things into context before we whip ourselves up into a frenzy again about how negative Shrimpsvoices is.

414 members and 2 have questioned the result yesterday. Three if you count Ockers 'we held on' comment.

Mark please dont take my quote out of context
It was a good point and I wasnt questioning the team or the result
good post by Howe magic
Shrimpsscene

Postby Jordan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:16 pm

No.3 - One of our guys got thrown out yesterday for so called bad behaviour even though some of the young Barnet support were seen swearing for quite a while after we equalised but nothing was said to them (2 sides on the pitch and also 2 sets of fans off it who should be treated the same)

Thank You For That!
I Appreciate The Fact That What I Did Was Owt Of Order But I Was Unhappy About The Way It Got Handled, I Think You Put It The Best Way About 2 Sides 2 Fans Etc..

Also I Think This Post Is Great! I Dont Understand Why Some People Are'nt Happy About Yesterdays Result, A Point Away From Home Any Game Is A Good Result, Yeah?!?
Jordan

Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Personally i would not make any changes for the Grimsby game - we have only conceded two goals in three games and are now undefeated in them games as well .... Hopefully we can build on this and making changes will only disrupt the way we are playing so no need to do that.... We went a goal down and battled back and at a tough ground like Barnet yesterday so should give the team more confidence.... Ps we have scored in every league game so far which is also something else to build on KEEP THE FAITH EVERYBODY - WE ARE IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WITH A NEW GROUND IN THE PIPELINE THINGS COULD BE A LOT WORSE
Howe Magic

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Mark S wrote:Putting things into context before we whip ourselves up into a frenzy again about how negative Shrimpsvoices is.

Mark please dont take my quote out of context
It was a good point and I wasnt questioning the team or the result
good post by Howe magic

Sean, not having a pop. Exaggerating a point to make a point.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Mark S wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:
Mark S wrote:Putting things into context...

Mark please dont take my quote out of context...

Exaggerating a point to make a point.

:lol: :lol: :lol: So you were taking the comment out of context to make a point about putting things in to context? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Welshrimp » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Back to the thread topic...

I've just seen the goal on World and I'm getting more and more excited about the prospect we have here in Diarmuid. The control he showed with his right before firing home with his left gives us a lot to be excited about this season.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Keith wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: So you were taking the comment out of context to make a point about putting things in to context? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

My point was that 2 people or 0.5% of members do not represent 'The Forum' and the only other post that I could remotely find that could be construed as ' non positive' was "we held on....phew!!!!" It certainly gave me the impression that we were fortunate to come away with a point, but was hardly damning of the performance.

The reference was more intended to be ironic and tenuous. Ockers is one of the biggest advocates for staying positive and not being negative about the team or performances - and rightly so IMO.

So in short - Yes. :? :oops:
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Welshrimp wrote:Back to the thread topic...

I've just seen the goal on World and I'm getting more and more excited about the prospect we have here in Diarmuid. The control he showed with his right before firing home with his left gives us a lot to be excited about this season.

O'Carrol, Howe and Wainwright are all class players.

I spoke to Neil Wainwright just before the season kicked off and he reckoned it would take a few games to 'bed in'. 4 points from the last two games is not bad at all.

Plenty to be excited about going forward. :D
Mark S

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:00 pm

add Smith to that list from what i saw on Saturday he could be a great find and hopefully we will get him a bit longer than the month.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:08 pm

I think I displayed mild negativity, Mark. I'm not questioning the point, it sounds like it was a good one based on the game itself. Outsider, do we need to find a way to get Smith into the starting lineup?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:31 pm

At who's expense i'm not sure, he came on for Wainwright but i'd like to keep him in, Wayne's been my player of the season so far, so lets keep him in can we play 4-5-2?
Add Stanners to the mix and who'd be a manager? :shock: :?
We have a good squad building up with thing's a turning so lets enjoy the good times ahead

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby marky » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:12 pm

I suppose the issue is we've got him for a month. I would assume that came with a proviso of first team football and that wouldn't be simply coming off the bench. If we're to stand any chance of getting him for longer (if that's even an option) I think he'd need to be starting.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Smith was ok yesterday and clearly has lots of energy, likes to get forward and have a strike on goal. Drummond put in a good shift. Wainwright worked hard to little effect. Hunter worked his socks off as usual.Wayne had a great game up and down both flanks. Howe and Diamond Geezer are developing a great partnership. Arts and Bents were strong enough but I am still not sure about McCann and Parrish. McCann got stuck in ok but doesn't get down the flanks much, and Parrish let their lad who scored run the length of the field without putting in a tackle.

I thought it was a workmanlike performance against a tricky side and we earned a good point. It could have been worse without the clearance off the line and some near misses by Barnet, however we also had some very good spells where we looked capable of scoring.

Our goal was top drawer by Diamond, bit of a star who can control, turn, use the ball well and seems to know where the goalposts are. Howe did very well too, I like him a lot.

I couldn't believe it when our fan was chucked out? Surely there weren't enough of our 'singin' lads to cause any problem and a word in his ear should have been sufficient.

Whatever, it was generally a good day and I enjoyed it.
OvertheBar

Barnet yesterday .....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

A positive post at last - i think you got it spot on about the game yesterday (i think the draw was a fair result with both teams having chances to win the game This is the marks i would give for each player yesterday ........ Roche 7 no chance with goal but everything else he did was ok Mccann 7 defended ok but does not get forward enough Parrish 7 looked nervous but after the goal looked better Artell 7 solid as normal and defended corners well Bentley 7 same as artell and lead team well under pressure plus one great clearence off line Drummond 6 not at is best yesterday Hunter 6 ran around all day but barnets midfield were bit strong for him Wainwright 5 worst game in shrimps shirt Curtis 7 worked hard like always without any luck Howe 7 battled away all afternoon like every game so far this season O Caroll 8 worked hard against very physical defence but goal was total quality Smith 6 came on as sub and did not have any chance to shine
Howe Magic

Postby Muzzer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 pm

when it comes down to it, this is bullying wouldnt you say, i know that Bare Ben would say so, like howe said about jordan (about two fans), both fans were doing it, so if ben "bullies" someone, then shouldnt you be delt with in the same way??? im only saying it because i know Bare Bens thinking of it, but would get banned for answering back or something stupid

anyway....
what a great day out! and a good game, we did play well except for maybe the last 10/20 mins etc, but well done boys!!
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Mark S wrote:
Welshrimp wrote:Back to the thread topic...

O'Carrol, Howe and Wainwright are all class players.

I spoke to Neil Wainwright just before the season kicked off and he reckoned it would take a few games to 'bed in'. 4 points from the last two games is not bad at all.

Plenty to be excited about going forward. :D

Got Neil's views on yesterday's game mark for this saturdays programme and will have feedback from within the camp from a few of the players too
had garry hunter just ahead of ryan mccann for motm but whole team played well
ocarrolls goal and build up was excellent
their goal was just three passes from nicolau to goal
my phew comment was right at the time i posted barnet really threw everything at us late in the game but we were worthy of a point and it was good to go down there and get something can only recall lee elam getting us a goal down there and a point as i missed last season
Shrimpsscene

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Your points per player HoweMagic were close apart from Roche and Parrish.

Parrish just doesn't float my boat, he is still tentative and probably plays better up and down the right side of the park...I'd give him 5

Roche makes me feel nervous and comfy with equal measure. He can deffo grab the ball in the air from crosses with great authority and punt the ball upfield a fair distance. Then he makes me squirm with the way he doesn't even see some shots and freekicks. Rooted to the spot with the net bulging.

Perhaps I am a Davies fan and my vision is prejudiced. Davies came into the side on Play Off day and was brilliant. He is young, confident and agile, looks to have beefed up in the past 12 months and would be my choice.

So 7 for Roche is a shade generous. The rest of your 'points' allocation I would agree with.
OvertheBar

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:24 pm

read this link (it should work) about a young Barnet player stabbed to death on Saturday night outside a bar in Croydon...kind of puts the 'ejection' into perspective

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/76149
OvertheBar

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 pm

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

outsider

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Muzzer wrote:

when it comes down to it, this is bullying wouldnt you say, i know that Bare Ben would say so, like howe said about jordan (about two fans), both fans were doing it, so if ben "bullies" someone, then shouldnt you be delt with in the same way??? im only saying it because i know Bare Bens thinking of it, but would get banned for answering back or something stupid

anyway....
what a great day out! and a good game, we did play well except for maybe the last 10/20 mins etc, but well done boys!!

I am sure there was some cognitive thinking behind that somewhere, but it got lost in translation. :?

I am sure that if Sean thinks I am a nasty bully, he will tell me next week when I am sat with him. :roll:
Mark S

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 pm

OvertheBar

Next

Return to General Discussion