Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1 F/T

Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1 F/T

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:28 pm

FANTASTIC!
Scott Brown after an excellent flick on from Drummie! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 0

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Keith wrote:FANTASTIC!
Scott Brown after an excellent flick on from Drummie! :D

:lol: :lol:

chickens spring to mind :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:54 pm

two up front, playing really well, Duffy had a great first half but by the sound of it, so did everyone. Shukar playing well too from commentary. Let's get another one (or two!).

Between us scoring to go ahead and Oxford scoring against Hereford, Bradford were bottom of the league :lol: :lol: :lol: Their fans would be suicidal if that remained the position until full time! Come on Hereford! (Or Stockport).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Shuker is looking good, he is playing up there with mullin like in a free role
George Dawes

Re: Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:44 pm

bradford are goin down :lol: :lol: :lol:

so are we :?
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Listening to the commentary on Morecambe Player...

"great save by Barry Roche"
"we're sitting far too deep"
"we're inviting pressure"
"we've got one up front, a sort of 4-3-2-1"
"...got to go back to attacking"
"hope we can hang on"

About four minutes later it is 1-1 :?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Listening to the commentary on Morecambe Player...

"...best game so far at Christie Park"

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1 F/T

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 pm

certainly invited them onto us in the last 15mins, and then resorted to the long ball just giving away possession and back again they came at us wave after wave
George Dawes

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks Keith enjoyed my ticket and leaving the game everton vs man united chatting to a fellow morecambe fan.

Morecambe were excellent and Duffy should play the free kicks chipping in the box and not shooting.
And we should of defended quicker when letting the goal in.

Morecambe should of won the game 2-1 but the center forward smacked it low and a good save could of been worse could of been over the bar from 10 yards out.

Lets get behind Morecambe should we get the same result vs Southend id be happy and bring on Barnet and Bury could be back 2 back home wins and a draw vs southend :roll:
essex_shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:35 pm

TBH it was a fair result and was a game of 2 halves. However, we went 1-0 ahead and started playing really well. Then after half time, we decided we were just gonna sit back and do nothing instead of going for a second goal. Eventually, they got a deserved goal. If we score we have to keep going for a second and put games to bed instead of just hoofing it up it up and letting the other team attack :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Yes halfway through the second half we just seemed to be getting deeper and deeper and you knew what was coming.

I think we actually created the better of the chances although the other half of my family think Chesterfield had more possesion and played better.

They also thought Duffy was brilliant especially in the first half.

Glad to see Spencer get 20mins and thought he looked promising.

Sadly though it's the same old story and will we ever learn from our mistakes.

Two games coming up now which we should be looking at getting good results and no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for 4 points out of 6.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:53 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Yes halfway through the second half we just seemed to be getting deeper and deeper and you knew what was coming.

I think we actually created the better of the chances although the other half of my family think Chesterfield had more possesion and played better.

They also thought Duffy was brilliant especially in the first half.

Glad to see Spencer get 20mins and thought he looked promising.

Sadly though it's the same old story and will we ever learn from our mistakes.

Two games coming up now which we should be looking at getting good results and no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for 4 points out of 6.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I was sitting right in front of a fammily who thought that Duffy was brilliant.
Little Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 pm

OK I got this hi fellow Morecambe fans I was watching this game in Block E n164

I think that Morecambe team sheet was 10/10 bring in Drummond Hunter and Mullin.

Oh I am 6ft 0 Pink tee shirt white jogging bottom to meet Shrimper and hope to go Southend away if work give me enough hours.

I am think in League Two no body is running away with League 2 look at Wycombe's and Newcastle shock home defeats and come on a draw vs Southend same team that beat Breadford away.

I go Morecambe vs Chesterfield now draw

Morecambe vs Southend draw 1-1 maybe 2-1 win depends on defence

Morecambe vs Bar net win

Morecambe vs Bury Win.

Then we'd be top 12 could be
essex_shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Duffy was fantastic in the first half, had to double mark him, best player in the first half by a country mile, but Mullin worked his arse off all the way through the match and was deservabley man of the match.

I think that them scoring was just so upsetting, i could hardly take it :(. But their keeper made two saves that were simpley brilliant and if he hadn't we would have won...

A shame about the result, but we started to look alot better throughout the first half, just got to learn that we need to attack more in the second half and take the game too them...

Still a point against Chesterfield is great, especially the form and the amount of goals they are scoring.

Next two matches we should be looking at 4 points + we could use them! 8-)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Morecambe: Much much better
Chesterfield: Lucky Cheaters

Created more chances today than we have done all season. Enjoyed the game.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 pm

First 60 minutes we played a lot better than we have been recently, especially Haining and McCready in the middle of defence, but the lapses in concentration Sammy has talked about don't seem to have been ironed out. You could see the team thought we were cruising to a 1-0 victory and despite some good saves from Barry Roche Chesterfield kept plugging away and to be fair deserved their goal.

The last 5 minutes were something and nothing, we needed more urgency in longer parts of the game rather than the dying minutes, and missing chances/hitting them straight at the keeper from yards out summed that up IMO.
Harry

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I was sitting right in front of a fammily who thought that Duffy was brilliant.[/quote]

Wouldn't be my lot they were in the Bay Radio Stand
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Dragofly » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Yes halfway through the second half we just seemed to be getting deeper and deeper and you knew what was coming.

We're just not fit enough to last 90 minutes. At the end of the match the only people that looked to have any petrol left were Mullin and Duffy.

We look about 2 matches short at the moment
Dragofly

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Dragofly wrote:

We're just not fit enough to last 90 minutes. At the end of the match the only people that looked to have any petrol left were Mullin and Duffy.

We look about 2 matches short at the moment

I'm not sure it was a lack of fitness, i think they were nervous. After about 60mins they became hesitant and the crowd went really quiet. After recovering follwing the equalizer Morecambe were all over them again and should have scored.
jonnythedog

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:49 pm

At the end of the day I predicted a 1-1 draw (pleased to be correct for once!) with Morecambe maybe sneaking it 2-1 so can't realy complain with the result today. I didn't go to Oxford so can only say what I have heard from other people or seen on TV but it seems like that was as much improved performance on last Saturday so we are moving in the right direction. Chesterfield will be at the top end of the table this season and picking up points against these teams could in the end be a key factor on wether we are involved in the play offs this season.
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I think dragofly is right, first half was pretty even, second half our players looked tired and we were lucky to keep a point :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Both sides gave it a proper go and our lads were unrecognisable from the shambles at Oxford. The 'system', which really means nothing, seemed to work better with Shuker scampering around Mullin, unfortunately it was to little effect, but the team seemed a lot more together this afternoon.

Haining was excellent and injected much needed confidence into the defence. He made a terrific pairing with McCready.
Hunter played well first half.
Duffy played superb most of the game and terrorised their defence several times.
Mullin had a good game, doing everything that was asked of him, with a more alert partner such as Jevons we would have nailed this game before Chesterfield fought their way back into it.
Brown seems like a good addition, he seems tough and fair wellied the ball for his goal.
Everyone else had a good game and contributed. Perhaps Shuker can continue to improve but I would prefer it to be from the bench until he gets some confidence going.

This was our best performance of the season, and filled me with plenty of hope. Impossible dreams, but dreams are not yet a criminal offence so I think we are due to make some progress up the table.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimper » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 am

Glad to see everyone so positive and I agree with most of what's been said. I thought Shuker had a good game in that position but was knocked off the ball a bit late on when he tired, after working so hard. Jevons will replace him to add the extra bit of sharpness in front of goal I reckon but he's given us another choice up there now. Spencer also put himself about well and Rundle could be another attacking option if needed.

Duffy was good, the back line (after Gaz got to grips with his position) were pretty solid.
Brown looks a good addition and, with him in a four-man midfield and the option of Stanners or Scott in there as well, it gives us a bit of solidity to play 4-4-2 (not always my preferred system but with Mullin and Jevons still clearly our best strike option it's the only way for now).

They came through us a bit easy late on but they're a good, young, fit team so you have to expect them to have spells of dominance over 90 minutes.

Best thing for me was seeing the attitude of the players after such a shocker at Oxford - they were clearly up for it.

Southend, away from the attention of home fans, will be interesting - they need to keep that spirit away from the Globe - not just when they know their own fans' eyes are on them.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 am

That is exactly how I see it.

I fancy a win next week. There! I have said it now! :D
Happy Harry

Postby Lloydie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:25 pm

The main thing I found annoying about our play from the back was there was a lot of Artell style hooth balls from the defence when they had time to get the ball down and play it. I don't understand the hoothing it when we have a team of 7/8 dwarfs...

Play it on the deck please!
Lloydie

Next

Return to General Discussion