O/T Local News, Drunk Driver

O/T Local News, Drunk Driver

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:31 am

After following the link to John Worth's retirement, I saw the verdict to the multiple death crash in February.

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-n ... 4258133.jp

Three innocent people killed, two young children lose both parents and a sister because a selfish woman decided that she didn't need to concern herself with drinking & driving. I must admit the thought of a drunk or drugged driver is one of the scary things about being on the roads.

Anyone who drinks & drives should read this story and bear in mind that this can be the impact of doing so.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: O/T Local News, Drunk Driver

Postby Phoenix » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:02 am

Checking a few more articles, it would seem she was both drunk & drugged;

"It is obvious that Miss Helme was driving in a dangerous manner, at speed, erratically and was twice over the legal limit of alcohol for driving.
"This was compounded by the use of anti-depressants and also driving at a minimum of 30mph over the speed limit.

PC Ian Moneagle, a family liaison officer went to Diane Helme's address after the accident.
He found patio doors at the rear had been left ajar and the television in the lounge was still on.
Food and drink were left on the table as well as a mobile phone.
He found three or four bottles of vodka in the kitchen and when he checked the cup on the table, thought the drink inside was a mixer with alcohol.
No tests were done on the contents of the cup.
A text to a friend on her mobile phone said she was going to Ikea that morning.
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion