Morecambe World commentary update

Morecambe World commentary update

Postby quinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi all

Just writing to say that we have now ordered the ISDN equipment we need to commentate live at every game BUT the only drawback is that it will take 5 weeks to come from whereever it is it has to come from.
In the meantime we will cover every home game on the normal phone line but will probably have to rely on the away side's commentaries for away games (unless they have a free phone line they are prepared to lend us).
That means the Barnet commentary on Saturday will be available but of course be from the Barnet perspective.
Thanks for your patience.

PS
I have done some posters as well that are not masterpieces but are in pdf format and should be downloadable.

Quinny
quinny

Re: Morecambe World commentary update

Postby Neil G » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:56 pm

quinny wrote:Hi all

Just writing to say that we have now ordered the ISDN equipment we need to commentate live at every game BUT the only drawback is that it will take 5 weeks to come from whereever it is it has to come from.
In the meantime we will cover every home game on the normal phone line but will probably have to rely on the away side's commentaries for away games (unless they have a free phone line they are prepared to lend us).
That means the Barnet commentary on Saturday will be available but of course be from the Barnet perspective.
Thanks for your patience.

PS
I have done some posters as well that are not masterpieces but are in pdf format and should be downloadable.

Quinny

I have a feeling this question has already been asked before but are there any plans to make this service available to Mac OSX users ?

It's good to know that someone's listening out there and getting a few things done 8-) , can we please have a link to the posters now. ;)

Cheers
Neil G

Postby quinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 pm

I don't know an answer to the Mac question. Anyone know.
I'll send the posters to my expert Brian over the weekend and see if he knows what can be done with them.
quinny

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:23 pm

The answer Quinny is....

Mac users = freaks and weirdos :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Neil G » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:12 am

morecambe mick wrote:The answer Quinny is....

Mac users = freaks and weirdos :lol: :lol:

I love you too :lol:
Neil G

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 am

Neil G wrote:
I have a feeling this question has already been asked before but are there any plans to make this service available to Mac OSX users ?

It's good to know that someone's listening out there and getting a few things done 8-) , can we please have a link to the posters now. ;)

Cheers

A problem probably addressed to the PremiumTV service itself - the more people that email them asking if they are going to sort it the more likely (hopefully!) they might be in pulling their finger out to sort it!
campdave

Postby Posh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 am

campdave wrote:
Neil G wrote:

Cheers

A problem probably addressed to the PremiumTV service itself - the more people that email them asking if they are going to sort it the more likely (hopefully!) they might be in pulling their finger out to sort it!

You have two hopes of a Mac compliant system - no hope and Bob Hope.

I'm afraid it's likely to remain Geek-free. Do geeks watch football? I just thought they played around with the settings on their iPhone and lovingly stared at how amazingly thin their notebook is.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Neil G » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:55 am

Posh wrote:
campdave wrote:
Neil G wrote:

Cheers

You have two hopes of a Mac compliant system - no hope and Bob Hope.

I'm afraid it's likely to remain Geek-free. Do geeks watch football? I just thought they played around with the settings on their iPhone and lovingly stared at how amazingly thin their notebook is.

Typical response from UK business to a customer enquiry, not only is our service not available to you but your a complete twat for asking :lol:
Neil G

Postby Posh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Neil G wrote:Typical response from UK business to a customer enquiry, not only is our service not available to you but your a complete twat for asking :lol:

Glad to be of service, sir!

Sadly I'm not the business though. Premium TV is now Perform Group and to be honest I would have thought that such a undertaking as the PTV sites, with over 40 million visits combined a month would have been completely multi-browser and multi-OS. I've tried it in Safari and its pretty poor, even in Firefox it throws up a few problems.

The simple point is that for Morecambe FC and the other clubs the sites do offer real benefits both in terms of ease of use and financially. Although they've got a long way to go to improve user friendliness, layout, interactivity, social networking functionality and maximising marketing opportunities. Unfortunately that's something me and Quinny have very little power over.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby USA Shrimp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:33 pm

I have been down this road before and Premium TV don't give a monkeys about anyone or anything. They are quite happy with the market they have and can't be bothered responding to customer complaints/suggestions/queries. You only have to look at the 'design' (hard to think that someone actually designed the shambolic mess that is all the Premium TV web pages) to see that they don't give a s**t about the user experience. All they care about is generating profit, and the small percentage of Mac and Linux users just aren't worth the cost it would take to develop an alternative system.

So, if you want to try writing to Premium TV save yourself the time and effort and do the following:

1) Stand in front of a mirror

2) Say "Any chance you could include all the loyal fans of our beloved club in the match day commentary by providing us Mac users with the same level of service you provide to Windows users, pretty please?

3) Stick two fingers up and say, "NO - f**k off !"
USA Shrimp

Postby durianmuncher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:06 pm

My subscription to a previous basic commentary service on another club's site is just about over and I'd like to subscribe to this but am not so sure after reading a fair bit of negative feedback.

Can anyone confirm that....

a) this service is properly up and running now and it is possible to access all club sites with premium tv world?

b) a decent amount of MFC match highlights are shown, not just the goals only

c) it streams well through broadband on Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox with a modern (non Mac or dinosaur) system

Any updates and responses would be appreciated. Ta.
durianmuncher

Return to General Discussion