Former Shrimps Thread

Re: Former Shrimps Thread

Postby FattyFoulke » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
FattyFoulke wrote:Eastleigh have signed Dugdale
Doyle talking to Portsmouth

Weres the Doyle news coming from ? The club will be sick if he signs for a bigger club. Missing out on a good bit of compensation

I speak to a couple of lads on their board. Nothing came from it anyway as he doesn't want to locate.
Seems like it will be Southport or Wrexham
FattyFoulke

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Carl Baker signs for Pompey
halftimeresults

Postby John L » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:13 am

halftimeresults wrote:Carl Baker signs for Pompey

Massive signing for them. Good luck to him in helping them get promotion...
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 am

John L wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:Carl Baker signs for Pompey

Massive signing for them. Good luck to him in helping them get promotion...

Yeah he was on his way there once before. We are virtually competing in a different League now.. the money coming down from the Premiership is already being spent by other Clubs
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:52 am

Such excitement over Carl Baker's signing..... :roll:

http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewto ... 3aad21917c
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Aspers » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:45 am

Joe Lewis signed for Aberdeen
Aspers

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:21 am

Ryan Williams released by Caley Thistle.
halfwayprawn

Postby outsider » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:07 am

halfwayprawn wrote:Ryan Williams released by Caley Thistle.

Get him back, Cheap, No-one shout at him. Bulk him up. Could replace JD.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:13 am

outsider wrote:

I would have him back if there's no takeover.
As you say cheap and at least then we have a threat from free kicks and corners.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
outsider wrote:

As you say cheap and at least then we have a threat from free kicks and corners.

And 10 players rather than 11 for the rest of the time he's on the pitch
morecambegeek

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Get him back, Cheap, No-one shout at him. Bulk him up. Could replace JD.[/quote]

As you say cheap and at least then we have a threat from free kicks and corners.[/quote]

And 10 players rather than 11 for the rest of the time he's on the pitch[/quote]

Not the case against Wolves or when we won 2-0 at York in a game he was outstanding after which he was dropped and the team went on a losing run
Gone_Shrimping

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm not disputing the fact he had one or two really good games.

Most of the players we have have had outstanding games. Jesus, even Andy Fleming plays well once or twice a season.

The problem with Williams was that he was so bloody lightweight, that free kicks and corners aside, he was anonymous for the majority of games he played for us.

His free kicks and corners have also been elevated to legendary status by a few very good ones. Most of them weren't good. That's two teams who've decided not to keep him on in the 12 months since he left Morecambe. There's probably a reason for that.
morecambegeek

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Yes. Reason being they were both at a higher level.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:42 pm

morecambegeek wrote:I'm not disputing the fact he had one or two really good games.

Most of the players we have have had outstanding games. Jesus, even Andy Fleming plays well once or twice a season.

The problem with Williams was that he was so bloody lightweight, that free kicks and corners aside, he was anonymous for the majority of games he played for us.

His free kicks and corners have also been elevated to legendary status by a few very good ones. Most of them weren't good. That's two teams who've decided not to keep him on in the 12 months since he left Morecambe. There's probably a reason for that.

Agree with you on this Morecambe geek. He went missing far too much whenever he did play and untill we got a set piece in the oppositions half you wouldn't even notice he was playing. Need someone in that position to get a grip of the game and get stuck in these days in this divison !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:02 pm

I don't think anyone was particularly sad to see Williams leave. He didn't contribute enough over 90 minutes to warrant a first team place. However he is a potential match winner, with Devitt gone we will lack a quality set piece taker. Assuming we don't get bought by a Russian billionaire then we can't afford to waste wages on bit part players.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:I'm not disputing the fact he had one or two really good games.

Agree with you on this Morecambe geek. He went missing far too much whenever he did play and untill we got a set piece in the oppositions half you wouldn't even notice he was playing. Need someone in that position to get a grip of the game and get stuck in these days in this divison !

Well there were a few games in which Miller went AWOL , giving a great impersonation of the invisible man but he is still a big loss. Depending on the budget , Williams would be a useful impact sub coming on for the last 20 minutes.
It wouldn't be a huge surprise if he turns up at Stanley and plays well for them :o :o
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Posh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:19 am

The reason, which was his other outstanding talent, bar free kicks, is his agent.

Allegedly his agent wanted £2,200 a week for any new deal based on the money 'he made the club from the Wolves game'. Most people thought he was tinpot but he stuck the videos on YouTube and bagged him two decent moves, which will have paid better than we did.

I wouldn't have him back. Next season we're going to need real battlers to keep us up.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 am

Ryan is never going to be a holding midfielder , but I could see him playing in the hole just behind a big striker.

Every time he had a good game Jim dropped him which must have affected his confidence.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:47 am

Well what a welcome back from a superb holiday in devon.

Gloom everywhere and not a dickey bird about any potential signings let alone confirmation of even one!

All this talk of a return for Ryan wouldn't be even worth a mention if there had been movement elsewhere.

For me we don't need him . What we need is a bastard of a midfield destroyer who has a nasty streak as we have been too powder puff in midfield....and a bit of height wouldn't go amiss either as we seem incapable of winning heading duels.

As for the departures of both Jamie and Shaun to Carlisle..... :cry: :cry: :cry: not totally unexpected...but Carlisle.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully with everything crossed some better news this week...or month or even year would be welcome.... ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 am

Christies Child wrote:
Gloom everywhere and not a dickey bird about any potential signings let alone confirmation of even one!

Seems a while ago now, it's dropped a long way down the board!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21365
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 am

Aren't players contracts usually up until July 1st, unless they get paid up? It may be we have some news once they become free agents (although I'm not expecting any big signings, just enough to fill the bench!)

I also think Ryan could play a number 10 role, next to a big centre forward.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby John L » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:What we need is a bastard of a midfield destroyer who has a nasty streak as we have been too powder puff in midfield...

We have one...
Attachments
2016-06-19 13.02.11.png
2016-06-19 13.02.11.png (191.55 KiB) Viewed 5998 times
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby derekthered » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:01 pm

he only had one good season at accy
derekthered

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:19 pm

We can't really get a season out of him, he has been unlucky with his injuries. Completed just 4 games and just 477 minutes on the pitch
marky No.1

Postby John L » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:49 pm

So far! Hopefully better luck will be on his side this season...
GED ARMY!
John L

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion