Burton Faggots

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 am

..and very nice they were too! For those that hav'nt seen them:
burtonfaggots.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Burton Faggots

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 am

marky No.1 wrote:..and very nice they were too! For those that hav'nt seen them:
burtonfaggots.jpg

Did you have to pay a call an hour or so later?? :lol: :lol:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 am

You should be SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ketchup on mussy peas, you heathen, a spot of vinegar is all that was needed ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 am

outsider wrote:You should be SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ketchup on mussy peas, you heathen, a spot of vinegar is all that was needed ;)

At £4 I wanted my money's worth ! :lol:

Thanks to the kind lad you called me back to the kiosk to give me my change back ;)

I was still smarting from losing a fiver in the pub :( No wonder K.P. only has fivers in his pocket :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Martin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 am

marky No.1 wrote:..and very nice they were too! For those that hav'nt seen them:
burtonfaggots.jpg

Were you not worried about getting gravy on your nail varnish? :lol:
Martin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 am

Martin wrote:Were you not worried about getting gravy on your nail varnish? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Although I have been known to multitask, I would find it difficult to hold that tray with both hands while taking a photo of it. The gravy was close to the edge as it was! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 am

Observations on the Pirelli compared with the Globe:

IMHO

Our main grandstand is more impressive looking both from the outside on the road and on the inside. I thought theirs looked like a bigger version of Accrington Stanleys main stand and some of the seats in it would have pretty poor views as they are well behind the bye-line.

Our "home" end looks quite a lot bigger than the Burton "home" end which should cheer up some of our own detractors.

Their "away" end is better than ours appears to be in that you enter through a turnstile which is in a fence and then there is quite a large area for fans to mill around compared with a narrow corridor.

Their terraced side of the ground is obviously better than our Northern "Berlin Wall" and interestingly was much better populated than the "home" end.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:02 pm

You should have tried the cheesy chips :lol:
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Sammy h wrote:You should have tried the cheesy chips :lol:

just adding a bit of humour like you tried to do Sammy! Although Seasonsinthesun tried to make it toilet humour! :lol:

as for cheesy chips 8-)
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Observations on the Pirelli compared with the Globe:

IMHO

Our main grandstand is more impressive looking both from the outside on the road and on the inside. I thought theirs looked like a bigger version of Accrington Stanleys main stand and some of the seats in it would have pretty poor views as they are well behind the bye-line.

Our "home" end looks quite a lot bigger than the Burton "home" end which should cheer up some of our own detractors.

Their "away" end is better than ours appears to be in that you enter through a turnstile which is in a fence and then there is quite a large area for fans to mill around compared with a narrow corridor.

Their terraced side of the ground is obviously better than our Northern "Berlin Wall" and interestingly was much better populated than the "home" end.

http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Burton%2 ... ic%201.JPG
Apart from the north side out ground looks better than Burtons but I belive it only cost £6.5 million to biuld almost half of what Morecambe paid for the Globe!
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:04 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Sammy h wrote:You should have tried the cheesy chips :lol:

just adding a bit of humour like you tried to do Sammy! Although Seasonsinthesun tried to make it toilet humour! :lol:

as for cheesy chips 8-)

An extra £1 for two slices of cheese slapped on top of them. Dropped one of them aswell :lol:
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I know which one I like best
burtonstand.jpg

globe_arenamain.jpg

Interesting that Burton's boxes take up the full top of the Stand
marky No.1

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm sure ours will in time, i thought The Globe only cost 7.5 million to build????? the other 5 mill was re-housing the Westgate side plus payment for the land yeah??
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Not proper "SOUTHERN" west country faggots as I cannot see the Caul fat around that particular faggot...

I get my faggots from Gloucester market and if any of you wish to come to my house for a meal on a (Cheltenham v Morecambe) match day I will cook you some PROPER & TRADITIONAL faggots.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Not proper "SOUTHERN" west country faggots as I cannot see the Caul fat around that particular faggot...

I get my faggots from Gloucester market and if any of you wish to come to my house for a meal on a (Cheltenham v Morecambe) match day I will cook you some PROPER & TRADITIONAL faggots.

Thanks but how do we know we won't be ambushed on the way? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Not proper "SOUTHERN" west country faggots as I cannot see the Caul fat around that particular faggot...

You won't; we are all friendly down here and I live next to a Wetherspoons :D . I have always experienced a warm welcome in Morecambe and I know for sure that you are decent & civilised people that I would be proud to welcome into my home.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Very kind, the pub next door has swung the deal! I.have pencilled you in for 20th November fog permitting! :lol:

Cheers ;)
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

You won't; we are all friendly down here and I live next to a Wetherspoons :D . I have always experienced a warm welcome in Morecambe and I know for sure that you are decent & civilised people that I would be proud to welcome into my home.

Can you guarantee the game will be on though?
You've had loads moe games called off than us in the last two seasons :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Wow that looks mighty tasty! I keep imagining an Original Bowerham Potts pie sat in the middle of all that Pea & gravy heaven :mrgreen:
HALMA 1983

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Has the club sorted out the lack of peas and gravy yet??? Just as Burton are known and liked for their faggots, Morecambe are known for their great pies. I feel that the gravy and peas only served to enhance the half-time delicacy. Just because we have a swanky new stadium, doesn't mean we can go all southern and lay off the meat juice. What next? Fizzy piss in the bar? People walking around unshaven with girly hair and sandals? £1 million council houses? Guacamole and latte??? Sort it out!!!

We want gravy! Join the revolution!!!

RedRedWine1

Postby Splodge » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Interesting that Burton's boxes take up the full top of the Stand

It looks like theirs is only one upstairs floor though, so those boxes would probably incorporate their sponsors lounge as well, whereas we have the Wright and Lord suit for sponsors and guests plus the boxes on the second floor.
Splodge

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:06 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Has the club sorted out the lack of peas and gravy yet??? Just as Burton are known and liked for their faggots, Morecambe are known for their great pies. I feel that the gravy and peas only served to enhance the half-time delicacy. Just because we have a swanky new stadium, doesn't mean we can go all southern and lay off the meat juice. What next? Fizzy piss in the bar? People walking around unshaven with girly hair and sandals? £1 million council houses? Guacamole and latte??? Sort it out!!!

We want gravy! Join the revolution!!!

Amen Brother we want peas, we want peas, we want peas and some chips and gravy would be nice as a side order :)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:01 am

RedRedWine wrote:People walking around unshaven with girly hair and sandals?
Join the revolution!!!

That was clever, using the same image to depict both aspects of your post!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion