As it occurs to me.

As it occurs to me.

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Sounds silly but not too bad. Penalty seemed very harsh after a decent start, the ball was running out of play, their lad knew he wasn't getting there and threw himself to the ground. It's a scenario you'll see a hundred times but the ref gave it unfortunately.

From then on they started to dominate and 1-0 at half time - although probably fair on tge balance of the play, it still rankled as it wasn't a pen.

Second half we started really well and it seemed only a matter of time. Rundle was superb all game, ran himself into the ground and it looked like he shaved the post after capitalising on a shocker of a mix up between their center back and keeper. Shuker also looked bright, had one that just cleared the bar, and Jevo should've put a free header away. To be fair to Sammy, we were on top and playing well, so who do you bring off? Alas, once we changed the formation and brought Mullers on, they found the space and made it 2-0. Thats how it goes I suppose.

Trust me though, we played well against a good team who will be up there at the end of the year. Star men were Rundle, Shuker and McCready looked solid enough, made one stunning block in the first half, stopped a certain goal.

Oh, and Rundle had an effort saved in the first half so thats one shot on target there! Don't go quoting BBC stats as accurate information. Stuck in traffic now, brilliant.
MorecambeMickey

Re: As it occurs to me.

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Just confirms what I though will reserve jugement on penalty untill I see it on TV.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion