Shrimps Sign Chris Shuker & Lawrie Walker-Listen Here....

Shrimps Sign Chris Shuker & Lawrie Walker-Listen Here....

Postby The Bay » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 am

Hi all,

Click below to hear the latest from Sammy before training this morning. We should wrap both Shuker and Walker up today. Everyone's fit apart from Stuart Hendrie who has a very slight thigh strain.

Contrary to what you may have heard elsewhere, the squad haven't trained or played on the Globe pitch yet, but will do so before Tuesday.

Also grabbed a word with Hendrie and Chris McCreedie, which I'll stick up on here shortly....

Here's Sammy.....

http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+ ... 8&id=19719
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Shrimps Sign Chris Shuker & Lawrie Walker-Listen Here....

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 am

It just gets better :D :D :D

Heard about this last week and fortunately it did'nt get on here!!

Great signing. My L2 prediction is looking all the more a realistic bet. Sammy is really spoilt for choice now.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=21776

chris_shuker1.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Naylz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 am

Naylz

Postby The Fury » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:57 am

And yet the Chris Shuker announcement isn't yet on the official site! I demand nothing but resignation from the entirety of the club's staff.
The Fury

Postby Curly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:16 am

The Fury wrote:And yet the Chris Shuker announcement isn't yet on the official site! I demand nothing but resignation from the entirety of the club's staff.

Hear, hear :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:18 am

Walker hasn't actually signed yet according to the offical site as it should be wrapped up today. I thought we didn't announce things until they were 100% signed :roll:

I can't believe Quinny has to update the site while on his holidays is there noone else as the club that can edit the site.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

P/T Indie wrote:Walker hasn't actually signed yet according to the offical site as it should be wrapped up today. I thought we didn't announce things until they were 100% signed :roll:

I can't believe Quinny has to update the site while on his holidays is there noone else as the club that can edit the site.

what happened to Seagie ? :o :o
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

The Fury wrote:And yet the Chris Shuker announcement isn't yet on the official site! I demand nothing but resignation from the entirety of the club's staff.

Hang em and flog em. Nothing less.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:27 am

P/T Indie wrote:Walker hasn't actually signed yet according to the offical site as it should be wrapped up today. I thought we didn't announce things until they were 100% signed :roll:

Calm down! They have signed and the deal is done. It is subject to them passing a medical. If they don't do this we would moan even more if we signed somebody then did the medical next week only to find they are crocked!!

Maybe they are waiting for Quinny to get back from the beach and do it! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 am

Great news :D Can't wait for tuesday, gutted I can't afford Wycombe :(
Morecambe Jack

Postby Preston Shrimp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 pm

great news. bring on the season.... and our promotion ;)
Preston Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

what happened to Seagie ? :o :o

Works at Fat Media with me.

So that's the former Editor of the Morecambe FC website and the former Editor of The Visitor.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 pm

P.S. Article re: Walker is on the official site http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 14,00.html

Shuker awaiting a medical but deal done subject to.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Sharpy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Shucker is an awesome signing!! may aswell ship out wainwright now.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby paulshrimp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Chris Shuker sounds a great signing. Will he be ahead of Duffy in the right side of midfield stakes? Looks like we have cover for positions all over the field. Just heard Sammy on Bay radio ( thanks for the link ) talking about automatic promotion without mentioning getting enough points to stay in League 2. General atmosphere seems upbeat compared to other pre seasons when we have done brilliantly. Come on you Shrimps!!
paulshrimp

Postby bigreddog » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:19 pm

we definately have cover for pretty much every position, though I'm sure sammy and mark will still be looking around for others. great to hear his optimism, we should all follow that lead and look forward to a really amazing season.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby james456 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:25 pm

What a signing!

Anyone remember him play against us in the pre season friendly v Tranmere a year ago? I do and he looked class. I like Duffy but he will have to put more consistent performances in if he's to keep his place over Shuker.

Although I'd like a creative central midfielder, the squad is looking strong now - certainly better than last season and to be honest, there's no reason whatsoever why we can't make the play offs again if we play to our capabilities.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Sounds like an excellent couple of signings.

Time for me to be somewhat embarrased and to admit that I along with a good few others wondered what the hell was going on. Needn't have worried!

Once again Sammy has bided his time and not rushed in (like fools often do) to sign any Tom, Dick or Harry. By waiting he has signed quality players and a number with potential for this seasons campaign.

That'll teach me although still got slight concerns about the defence (well it wouldn't be me if there wasn't something to be concerned about :roll: )!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:34 pm

interesting when he was talking about the defence he replied we let in to many goals for more liking so i brought in Scot and big McCready

so anyone(me included) who thought Scot was mainly signed for the holding midfield role :roll:
George Dawes

Postby Opinionated » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:38 pm

DawZi wrote:interesting when he was talking about the defence he replied we let in to many goals for more liking so i brought in Scot and big McCready

so anyone(me included) who thought Scot was mainly signed for the holding midfield role :roll:

As soon as we signed Fleming it became clear Scot was to be used in defence. Just don't play him at right back, it upsets him!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby marky » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:49 pm

DawZi wrote:so anyone(me included) who thought Scot was mainly signed for the holding midfield role :roll:

I never thought he was brought in for that role and made that clear from the offset. If we get Shuker, that could easily be our best signing of the summer.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Curly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sounds like an excellent couple of signings.

Time for me to be somewhat embarrased and to admit that I along with a good few others wondered what the hell was going on. Needn't have worried!

Once again Sammy has bided his time and not rushed in (like fools often do) to sign any Tom, Dick or Harry. By waiting he has signed quality players and a number with potential for this seasons campaign.

That'll teach me although still got slight concerns about the defence (well it wouldn't be me if there wasn't something to be concerned about :roll: )!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet it doesn't , 50p :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Ntini » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm

I for one should hope that Shuker does start ahead of Duffy. He's got experience at a higher level and is of much better class. Not that I don't think Duffy has a bright future, mind. He can learn a lot from Chris, and I hope he does.

As for the defence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson, Haining, Scott and McCready (in that order) across the back four this season. I think he would then play Stanley and Drummond/Fleming (Hunter as back up) in the centre of midfield dependent on whether he feels he needs experience in the game or not.

I think we need to brace ourselves for a few fans' favourites warming the bench at different times this season (including Bentley, Parrish, Stanley, Duffy and Drummond). The price of success I'm afraid!

Well done Sammy on bringing together an excellent squad that means we can have a go at being a serious player in League 2 this season.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby George Dawes » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Ntini wrote:I for one should hope that Shuker does start ahead of Duffy. He's got experience at a higher level and is of much better class. Not that I don't think Duffy has a bright future, mind. He can learn a lot from Chris, and I hope he does.

As for the defence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson, Haining, Scott and McCready (in that order) across the back four this season. I think he would then play Stanley and Drummond/Fleming (Hunter as back up) in the centre of midfield dependent on whether he feels he needs experience in the game or not.

I think we need to brace ourselves for a few fans' favourites warming the bench at different times this season (including Bentley, Parrish, Stanley, Duffy and Drummond). The price of success I'm afraid!

Well done Sammy on bringing together an excellent squad that means we can have a go at being a serious player in League 2 this season.

i know what your saying, but i will bet Parrish will be one of the first names on the team sheet
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:36 pm

DawZi wrote:
Ntini wrote:I for one should hope that Shuker does start ahead of Duffy. He's got experience at a higher level and is of much better class. Not that I don't think Duffy has a bright future, mind. He can learn a lot from Chris, and I hope he does.

i know what your saying, but i will bet Parrish will be one of the first names on the team sheet

I thought something pretty similar to that when I read it.
I wouldn't even like to guess at Sammy starting line-up, because the squad is so full of quality. I would be very surprised though if Parrish, barring injury, didn't play a major part in every game this season.
morecambe mick

Next

Return to General Discussion