Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Howe on 4 minutes "good game"
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 pm

WooHoo

First 3 points of the season, (hmm Danny Adams wasn't playing :roll: )

Kickstart this season !!
Weetabix Kid

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm

first clean sheet in how long? Excellent result!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:15 pm

super game and what a good performance,1st clean sheet since february
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:18 pm

great week for us cup and league win
we even had bright sunshine 20 minutes into the game
stew drummond sponsors man of the match
christie the cat provided great prematch entertainment too!!!
wonderful three points...........
over to Negative Ned.................
Shrimpsscene

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Stew Drummond walks on water Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah...
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby fletch_al » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:29 pm

i was a bit nervous towards the end. shrewsbury were creating chances and we were wasting ours. other than that, massive improvement on last week and a great 3 points. bring on barnet! :D :D :D
fletch_al

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Good performance, Hard to pick MotM - Drummie probably edged it, though the front two played very well and the back four operated far more effectively today with Ryan McCann outstanding. Neil Wainwright also had a good game and could (should?) have scored quite late on. Much more delivery to the front men, and much more variety in the delivery. Good to see that we've finally found a way to play Wayne on the right.

Good also to see Stanners get a run out albeit brief.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm

A good result and a good performance. Can't argue with Drummie as MOTM, he made a big difference to the midfield, but I have to give a special mention to Wayne Curtis. He played his heart out again, fighting for every ball, and winning most!

This was a far more accomplished display than of late and shows the potential to at least hold our own this season. Not the finished article, by some way yet, but pretty good all the same.
Martin

Postby DTSJim » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:39 pm

fletch_al wrote:i was a bit nervous towards the end. shrewsbury were creating chances and we were wasting ours. other than that, massive improvement on last week and a great 3 points. bring on barnet! :D :D :D

I agree we looked very nervous at the end, reverting to the old hoofing tactics, but on the whole I would say that this performance was as good as ur performance against Dagenham, it's just Dagenham created better chances if/when our defenders made a mistake.

All in all, it's nice to see that lads get that first win and clean sheet out of the way, hopefulle we can kick on from here!
DTSJim

Postby Phoenix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon out in the Sun. Mark S managed to kick-start the away end into train noises and whistles with his mic noises just before half time which were closely followed by Is That A Tampon On Your Head aimed at our wayne :lol:
Phoenix

Postby ezz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm

How was the strike partnership upfront?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Stew Drummond walks on water Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah...

.....................Nah nah nah.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Considering the high quality opposition, Howe and Ocarroll looked an excellent partnership, my personal m.o.m would have been Hunter, the centre halfs did a good solid job, I thought we were a bit stretched when they attacked wide though!

Barry seems an excellent signing to me.

All round attitude and work rate was something the whole team should be proud of, nice to see stanners back!!
PUNKISDEAD

CC's a happy old fart!

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:48 pm

Wayne seems to be going from strength to strength this season.

Might sound daft but was he overshadowed by his mate Thommo? Remember they both came into the team around the same time.

Can't belive I'm saying this but McCann was immense as was Parrish who repalced Adams. On the way out some wag suggested that maybe DA has gone to a health farm to live of carrots for a few weeks!

Howe and O'Carroll played as a partnership and looked menacing for most of the game. Howe looked to have taken a knock on his foot.

Midfield worked hard, and Drummy rightly got MOM. We've missed his touches for far too long.

Finally Northern Ireland's No 1 was confident despite a slight hesitation at one point but no harm done.

I can now have a few wee drams in celebration and not frustration tonight.

First clean sheet since March and first win since....far too long!

For once CC's a happy old fart!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Fantastic result today. Best performance I've seen for a long time, especially given the confident opposition. I think our nerves towards the end were because we wanted the win so much, and now we have it I believe we can go on a bit of an unbeaten run. Let's hope so! Great to see Sammy's reaction to the goal, and Jimbo's delight at the end.... well done son! :D
John L

Postby BWFC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Is it like that every week at Morecambe? Was a good match and from what I can see, a good result. Better day out than at Bolton!!
BWFC

Postby John L » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:10 pm

On a good day, yes. It hasn't been great recently, but you guys might have started something! "Can we have you, Can we have you, Can we have you every week?" :lol:
John L

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:12 pm

MRH wrote:I have to give a special mention to Wayne Curtis. He played his heart out again, fighting for every ball, and winning most!

Wayne was my man of the match. He was immense in the second half, hard unforgiving tackle after tackle. Every time he went in he came out with the ball. Worked in front of the centre of defence, supported McCann, pushed out wide and got into the box. He's slow, looked daft with his bandage but he just bulldozed his way through the game and was a joy to watch.

We've got lots of room for improvement but it'll be through those players on the pitch working together and playing together more rather than relying on bringing new players in.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 pm

I thought McCann and Parrish were a revelation today.
Ther was one particular tackle Parrish did in the first half was absolutely superb.
And Barry Roche had another fine game.
The season is finally declared open.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Great performance today and went away happy after seeing a team willing to run down every ball and win a game against a very strong side, Sammy got it right with his selection leaving out 'Mr Hollands' (for what ever reason) and letting Blinky watch on from the bench at the striking masterclass given by Rene Howe (Awesome!!!) and my MOTM with Drummy a close second.
Bents and Big Dave should get a mention because they handled their attacking pair very well (including Holts handbags :D ) and Roach obviously finished where he'd left off on Tuesday night and had a very commanding day, making saves look easy with his perfect positioning.
Extremely happy to see Stanners enter the fold and his presence was felt straight away as the passes flowed and found their man time after time, I was very unhappy with the lack of application shown by the players against Rotherham but credit where it's due, EVERY player worked to their limit today and it was a joy to watch!
HALMA 1983

Postby Vinny » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Jubilation at last, twice in a week. Wha-hey!!! Another good team performance. Points in the bag. Spectators entertained and will return. A great day out (for the Shrimps, anyway). Confidence returned and growing. Pride, passion, belief and feel-good factor return. Results and performances to build on. Well done everyone, the players, the manager, the training staff, the club staff, SV's and the fans there today. The North Stand was rockin' again :D Brilliant!!

Bring on the Barnet!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby shrimper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:59 pm

I agree with all the comments about individuals. But I don't personally think it was a 'much improved' performance today, overall.
By that I'm not being critical of today's display at all, it was great and we got what we deserved.
I actually think, though, that we've played pretty well against Bury and Dagenham.
We worked hard in both those games as well and, but for being punished for a couple of mistakes in both, we'd have got something from those fixtures.

I do think the changes were needed to just refine the side a bit, though. The introduction of Drummy is an improvement on what we've seen of Carr so far - and I don't like saying that because I think Carr CAN be a good player for us.
Likewise I think O'Carroll deserved his chance. Garry also came in and did well but I don't think McCann has done too badly in midfield either.

Today, in my opinion, was only a slight improvement all in all but that's all that was needed. We've not been far off in those other matches - again against good sides - but being defeated has put a different perspective on those games.

I don't know if Danny has had a knock but, whatever, I think he'd have found it tough today against the pace of Humphreys - and Parrish coped pretty well.

Anyone know why Wayne and Wainwright switched wings?

I'll leave this up for a bit for you to have a guess then I'll tell you Sammy's reasoning.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:57 am

According to Matt Donlon, Adams has a virus.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Aal » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:51 am

What did Wayne have on his head? Tell him to wear it every week.

Drummy was outstanding, we certainly won the midfield battle.

Diarmud had a strong game alonside a very pacy Rene.

Great to win against such a strong battling side. We overcame a lot of niggling fouls and didn't allow it to put us off.

Well done lads and well done Sammy for getting the selections spot on. It was good to see him have a lot of encouraging words for a disappointed Garry H when he came off.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Next

Return to General Discussion