Bad Start To The Season

Bad Start To The Season

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

The latest League 2 table sees us in 14th place, and although level on points with Accrington, who are currently the League 2 pacesetters, we will have to improve on our record of not yet having scored. At the other end, it has to be said that we are yet to concede a goal, but I'm sure Sammy will want to keep the defence shored up as the season progresses.

As it stands, Wycombe are staring relegation in face, and a drop straight from League 1 into the Conference is a very real possibility, as things stand.

Stevenage too, are finding League 2 difficult and currently occupy 21st place, whilst another League 1 relegatee, Stockport, are also feeling the pressure in 22nd. It's only to be expected given the tumoil they've endured recently.

At least things are looking up for Barnet, who really struggled last year, but look like they are making a better fist of it this time round. And for a change, Bradford City are in a position their fans surely crave.
Morecambe Player

Re: Bad Start To The Season

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 pm

which just goes to show that those pre-season doomsayers were wrong, getting beaten by Barrow really was irrelevant. we may even look forward to a good cup run. ;)
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Freez » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 pm

did that joke a month ago!!!!

..I know I know, it wasnt funny then!! :roll:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 pm

your jokes are always funny dave. I think maybe we should offer to enter into a suicide pact wth some of the doomsayers and then bottle it at the last second, obviously after they've already done their bit. we won what one game in the first dozen or so last season? and people were throwing themselves overboard..just get a grip ffs. it was a friendly, if we get battered by everyone in the first 20 games then I might start worrying. maybe I'm easily pleased but I have only modest goals this season: get both home and away shirts, get a new stadium when and only when it's ready and stay up. anything more than that is a brucie bonus.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 pm

bigreddog wrote:your jokes are always funny dave. I think maybe we should offer to enter into a suicide pact wth some of the doomsayers and then bottle it at the last second, obviously after they've already done their bit. we won what one game in the first dozen or so last season? and people were throwing themselves overboard..just get a grip ffs. it was a friendly, if we get battered by everyone in the first 20 games then I might start worrying. maybe I'm easily pleased but I have only modest goals this season: get both home and away shirts, get a new stadium when and only when it's ready and stay up. anything more than that is a brucie bonus.

Man alive! He's complaining about the woodwork now! :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 am

Curly wrote:
bigreddog wrote:only modest goals this season

Man alive! He's complaining about the woodwork now! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion