Shrews

Shrews

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

I hate saying this but new Shrews boss Graham Turner is making Shrewsbury once again a force to be reckoned with with his 3rd summer signing as he swooped to strengthen his squad – snapping up Carlisle defender David Raven ex Liverpool and loan at Tranmere. He follows the arrival of centre-back Ian Sharps from Rotherham (ex Rotherham Captain) and the loan capture of Watford left-back Mat Sadler who Watford paid £750,000 for in 2008 from Birmingham where he played regularly against Man United, Chelsea etc. Graham Turner certainly is a quality manager at this level and more importantly has contacts at every level.
nobbyshrimp

Re: Shrews

Postby Posh » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:30 pm

And he nabbed Sharps off us (Sammy's missed centre back).
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Play offs must be a minimum target for Shrewsbury think they would do ok in leauge 1 they have a good stadium and a decent fan base one to watch this season I think.
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Shrews have a nice fans base and was impressed with them last season at Christie Park but honestly this league you cant pick out a team that is standing out at the moment.
Well could be Gillingham if they keep Simeon Jackson sorry but he can get 25-30 goals in that league i do think someone will buy him.
But Shrews could get a playoff spot still i am backing my top 7 in my post
darrenlock

Postby MattSTFC » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am

Graham Turner has made some decent signings, and in Mat Sadler's case a very good signing but he still has plenty to do before the season starts.

At this stage he's replaced Graham Coughlan with Ian Sharps, Kelvin Langmead with David Raven and Mat Sadler replaces loanee Joe Scarz who has now joined Bury. Defence wasn't our problem last season, or the season before, and he's really just replaced players who have left with comparable players, apart from Sadler who is a class above what we had in that position last season.

Our main problems are in midfield and up front and those have yet to be addressed. In midfield we've lost Paul Murray and Terry Dunfield and signed nobody. Up front we've lost top scorer Dave Hibbert and signed nobody.

As I say he still has plenty to do before our squad looks any better than last season's squad. He's talking to plenty of players though and we're hopeful of more signings soon. :)
MattSTFC

Return to General Discussion