O/T Crawley Town

O/T Crawley Town

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Bloody hell i was thinking Crawley Town were a small conference team but my god how Crawley spending has changed my opinion.
Signing player like Matty Tubbs lets face the fact most league two temas wont spend that much cash on player's this summertime.
And just spent 100,000 on that Peterboro winger i bet Peterboro were laughting there heads off when they saw that bid.
I know money never turns you into a top team but Crawley should aim for playoffs now
darrenlock

Re: O/T Crawley Town

Postby Opinionated » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 pm

darrenlock wrote:Signing player like Matty Tubbs lets face the fact most league two temas wont spend that much cash on player's this summertime.

What was the transfer fee?
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Crawley Town have signed striker Matt Tubbs from Salisbury for an undisclosed fee, thought to be £70,000, on a two-year deal with an option of a third
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 pm

anyone know how much our transfer record payment is :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Think Matty went for 120,000 and the signing today was 100,000 and this player was at Lincoin last season on loan
darrenlock

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

mrpotatohead wrote:anyone know how much our transfer record payment is :?:

For a long, long time and a good many years it was the £7500 paid to Fleetwood Town for Cainy. Now, I think, it was an "undisclosed" for Carl Baker ? I could be wrong though.

I can only see this Crawley thing going belly up for them. Again. It was only a couple of years ago they had those brothers at the helm (the Majeeds was it or something like??) who threw loads of money in and promises of this, that and the other and that went sour for the club.

The below from Wikipedia ........

It was revealed by The Argus several days later that the Chairman Chas Majeed was an undischarged bankrupt and therefore banned from holding a high position within the club.[10]. Majeed later resigned from his post but remained on in some capacity.

The Reds fans started a "Red Card" campaign in order to remove Chas Majeed and his owner brother Azwar Majeed from the club. It was revealed that the club owed around £1.1million with nearly £400,000 owed to HM Revenue and Customs, and the Majeeds claimed they were owed £700,000 by the club.

By July of that year it was revealed that the debts were closer to £1.4 million, including money owed to current and former staff, and an offer of 25 pence in the pound was rejected by the creditors.

Obviously, I hope it doesn't go t*ts up. We actually had a link up with Crawley fans back in the mid 90's that John Taylor, Kipps and others were instrumental in setting up.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby The Red Knight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:28 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:anyone know how much our transfer record payment is :?:

For a long, long time and a good many years it was the £7500 paid to Fleetwood Town for Cainy. Now, I think, it was an "undisclosed" for Carl Baker ? I could be wrong though.

That would have been broken with Steve Walters when we signed him from Northwich but will have been broken since then with Baker and Duffy I would imagine.
The Red Knight

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:02 am

They have just paid in excess of £100K for Torres

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,2 ... 64,00.html

Was his World Cup really that bad? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion