O/T Dark horses in League1 and two

O/T Dark horses in League1 and two

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello I perosnally think the dark horses for League one are newly promoted Nott's County or Carlisle.

And in League Two I am going for Oxford

Any other ideas

:idea: :idea:
darrenlock

Re: O/T Dark horses in League1 and two

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Sorry I have to change my opinion.

League One darkhorses.

MK Dons : The boss I think is only 28 damm that is young and really should be pushing up the league with the football stadium being on the list if England win the world cup in 2018. (As in win the bid).

Peterboro : Personally after relegation i forget them and expect a struggle but if Peterboro can start well and with Gary Johnson as boss Id expect them to nick a playoff spot.

League two darkhorses:

Southend : After the awful season and cant play the players something had to happen behind the scene to get the former plymouth boss in charge.

Torquay : Good form at the end of last season and could be a gut felling to get a playoff spot
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:24 pm

League two darkhorses:

Southend : After the awful season and cant play the players something had to happen behind the scene to get the former plymouth boss in charge.

Torquay : Good form at the end of last season and could be a gut felling to get a playoff spot

what about morecambe :shock: :o
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Shrimpsave I did a post about predictions for League two 2-3 weeks ago .

I put Morecambe two fnished second not 100% confident now that Morecambe's sqaud is light and we stupidly let go of Wayne Curtis and Aaron Taylor and Twiss.

We never know Sammy might have players lined up already in my view I am backing Morecambe two come third if we are injury free and can get a back up center back and back up midfielder and Center forward.
darrenlock

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 pm

darrenlock wrote:we stupidly let go of Wayne Curtis and Aaron Taylor and Twiss.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wha? Far from stupid. And why is this thread O/T? It seems pretty on-topic to me, sort it out.
:roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Curtis and Twiss were 2 of our most highly paid players and they weren't even starting every week, and Taylor's just not very good.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

i think Bradford will finish top spot reason being Peter Taylor started building them for next season months and months ago

and i think Crewe Alexandra will be in with a good shout, Artell could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for them, as they always look a class act as a team going forward
George Dawes

Postby DMC » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 pm

We look thin in defence and also strikers so unless we add quality players in those areas I think we will be having are usual poor start. Thought JB was lucky to get in the team at times.
DMC

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Southend will struggle to finish the season, no chance of being anywhere near the top. I also think Torquay will do better this season, though Darren.

Wycombe, Gillingham, Bradford, Port Vale (good each way bet I reckon) would be among my favourites. Northampton and Aldershot looked like they were only a couple of players off being very decent sides as well (depends whether Northampton's replacement for Akinfenwa does the business though).

As for us - if we get another few players in and Jevons gets back to his best then who knows. We do have a good attitude and are capable of going on long runs of good results.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 pm

I put this as a topic of O/T because it did not really mention Morecambe in the first message and also first part of this was LeagueOne.

I remember Morecambe last season having Haining , Artell , Bentley all fighting for two positions .

And Curtis on high wages well I can only go on the only season I watched him and did look good and was hardly was in the center forward position.

And aaron Taylor i think he was good but most SV's members did not rate him.
darrenlock

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:32 pm

shrimper wrote:Southend will struggle to finish the season, no chance of being anywhere near the top. I also think Torquay will do better this season, though Darren.

Wycombe, Gillingham, Bradford, Port Vale (good each way bet I reckon) would be among my favourites. Northampton and Aldershot looked like they were only a couple of players off being very decent sides as well (depends whether Northampton's replacement for Akinfenwa does the business though).

As for us - if we get another few players in and Jevons gets back to his best then who knows. We do have a good attitude and are capable of going on long runs of good results.

After signing a 19 stone striker today, you might have a point :lol:

I think Torquay will have a better season, along with Crewe and Vale.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 am

(sighs) All 3 deserved to go, not league 2 quality.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:26 am

I also think torquay will do well this season..great finish to last season and already signed some decent players
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:00 am

I've got a sneaky feeling somewhat about Rotherham ........ think they might do it this time around.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 pm

DawZi wrote:i think Bradford will finish top spot reason being Peter Taylor started building them for next season months and months ago

and i think Crewe Alexandra will be in with a good shout, Artell could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for them, as they always look a class act as a team going forward

I agree with Bradford, Taylor will have them hard to beat. Crewe might struggle if we can snatch Donaldson from them ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion