Globe latest

Globe latest

Postby Mike W. » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Pics are on the new ground web site http://www.globe%20arena.co.uk taken yesterday.

Loads of tarmac on the roads and paths - the outside sports area has tarmac on the basket ball courts and work is well on laying the artificial grass on the football pitches - crush barriers are all in with minor grouting work involved nearly done - handrails on stairways etc. - AND masses of seats in the Main Stand - around half done yesterday.

The maze of ducts and pipes in the ventilation are amazing - more tubes than the London Uderground !

A lot to do but every day something is completed. :o

Mike W.

Ian L.
Mike W.

Re: Globe latest

Postby Mike W. » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Corrected link to the site sorry

http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby scar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Saw you there yesterday Mike, but you didn't wave :cry: ;)
scar

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:29 pm

OK, Getting excited now! I love the fact that we haven't made it all seating. a quick search on the internet will show you that many fans support traditional standing terraces with the belief that some atmosphere is lost by making stadiums all seater (sorry if thats been said before)

Just a thought about the white and red seats. which i like by the way. are we possible going back to the red and white strips of 1995 - 1997. I loved them kits. If not its clear to see on the link below that Red and white in some capacity has always been the main colours of the club! (with the exception of 75-75 and 97-2000)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Morecambe/Morecambe.htm
Heysham_red

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks AGAIN Mike....

Saga Tours Members are able to sit in some nice Red seats this season.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mighty Red » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Looking great. Thanks for the pic's.
Mighty Red

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Heysham_red wrote:OK, Getting excited now! I love the fact that we haven't made it all seating. a quick search on the internet will show you that many fans support traditional standing terraces with the belief that some atmosphere is lost by making stadiums all seater (sorry if thats been said before)

Just a thought about the white and red seats. which i like by the way. are we possible going back to the red and white strips of 1995 - 1997. I loved them kits. If not its clear to see on the link below that Red and white in some capacity has always been the main colours of the club! (with the exception of 75-75 and 97-2000)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Morecambe/Morecambe.htm

The 1981 kit should be 1991 ( the best Morecambe kit ever )
halftimeresults

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Looking good still loads to be done though but a the pace work is going on think they will get it done on time.
Just.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Carpets and funishings to go in last.

When the Globe Arena signing is installed on the front of the Main Stand then it will be complete.

The countdown has started.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 pm

ok thats have a vote on the globe

personally i think its ugly doesnt blend and the designers could have done better in the 80s

4 out ???
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Okay - opinions.

I think it is great, has income generation as a priority and has left scope for possible future development if various funding bodies contribute (as and when their budgets allow) which has been the plan all along.

I also think the town doesn't support the club well enough for anyone to tell the board what they should and shouldn't have done and that criticism of their work on the stadium (which has involved them all in very many days of voluntary effort and a lot of hours of hassle that none of us would even consider devoting) is a sheer insult.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:36 pm

shrimper wrote:Okay - opinions.

I think it is great, has income generation as a priority and has left scope for possible future development if various funding bodies contribute (as and when their budgets allow) which has been the plan all along.

I also think the town doesn't support the club well enough for anyone to tell the board what they should and shouldn't have done and that criticism of their work on the stadium (which has involved them all in very many days of voluntary effort and a lot of hours of hassle that none of us would even consider devoting) is a sheer insult.

point taken........

but its still ugly...........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby scar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Here we go again.....

My opinion on the ground;

They have built in character and a hell of a lot of scope for future development. We could have easily had a ground the resembled Chester's or another of the same soul-less, charaterless, uninspiring stadia that have sprung up. But thank god we have a board with vision and commitment to deliver us the Globe Arena.

Ugly, definately not. Asthetically it may not be a nice on the eye as say Chesterfields new ground, but i'd say ours has a damn sight more character and feel to it already than theirs has. So all in all it's a nice stadium, traditional style design with scope for revenue streams far greater than we ever could have had at the Pie
scar

Return to General Discussion