The cats out of the bag

The cats out of the bag

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

http://www.itv.com/granada/feline-fine-for-run70364/

weathers looking rather warm on Sunday :? and I won't be able to go to the away leg!!! :cry:

Must be worth a donation guys?? :D

http://www.justgiving.com/runchristiecatrun
North Stand Shrimp

Re: The cats out of the bag

Postby Christies Minder » Fri May 14, 2010 11:50 am

Yes----a great cause and promotional video but surely this is not the original Christie The Cat who we all know and love , he would never reveal his true identity , this is part of the whole scenario for the kids and adults alike who I suspect would not really want to see Christie being seen in this light.
The original Christie has taken big steps to keep his identity concealed and has built up a rapport with home and away fans and I know for sure he won't be too happy with the way the video has been done.
Christies Minder

Postby Christies Challenge » Fri May 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Christies Minder wrote:Yes----a great cause and promotional video but surely this is not the original Christie The Cat who we all know and love , he would never reveal his true identity , this is part of the whole scenario for the kids and adults alike who I suspect would not really want to see Christie being seen in this light.
The original Christie has taken big steps to keep his identity concealed and has built up a rapport with home and away fans and I know for sure he won't be too happy with the way the video has been done.

Unfortunately Granada Reports have taken some artistic license with the editing of the feature and missed a few big points out!
one of the main points was that I, Paul, am not the usual mascot and that I was simply masquerading as Christie for the day and secondly that I was doing this as a tribute to Christie Park.
Both these points seem to have been left on the floor of the cutting room!

I really am sorry if anyone has been upset or been made unhappy with me borrowing Christie for the day and I'd like to apologise especially to the original Christie.

I'd just like to point out though, that this is all for Charity. I have put a lot of hard work in to my training and fundraising activities over the past 6 months, not to mention that I am also taking part in a Marathon just one week after the Manchester run. I also will be missing the away leg of our Playoff semi final on Sunday, which I am really gutted about.

All that said I have had all of 6 shrimpsvoices members actually wish me luck!

Good luck to the lads on Sunday, and safe journey to everyone travelling down.
Christies Challenge

Postby Christies Minder » Fri May 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Fair points Paul !! Good luck with the run and I'm sure the team will bring a good result back from Daggers (Here's hoping) .

Just a shame Granada TV missed those points from their film which would have alieviated any misunderstanding between "Christie for the day" and the "Real Christie".
Christies Minder

Postby wonder shrimp » Fri May 14, 2010 4:28 pm

this thread has gone a bit weird!

FWIW christie the cat is a bit of a legend amongst me and my mates, we've been discussing whether it was a man/woman! lol

i think it's actually a very difficult job to be a good mascot and whoever is wearing the suit is doing a top job. highlight for me is the sodje hanky on the head! does anybody have a photo of that?
wonder shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat May 15, 2010 10:15 am

Good luck Paul, will you actually be running while the game is being played or will you be watching it somewhere?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion