What a weekend !

What a weekend !

Postby Andy » Sun May 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Started early fri morning for me after a few stops on the way I arrived at tea time, had a bite to eat for tea then out for a beer or 6 :o :lol: . Sat morning popped up to see my father then off to the match, had a couple of beers before the game in the Marquee then the match, it was my 1st ever game I had been to where the North Stand was packed what an atmosphere my head is still thumping from that drum ! :lol: was gonna go out at night but by the time I got back to my digs I was cream crackered (must be something to do with my age !) set off home this morning at 10am and arrived back about 4pm........750 mile round trip well worth it won't be able to make the home leg but sure as hell will be at daggers for the away leg.
For those travelling down see you there
Andy
Back on the spanners
Andy

Re: What a weekend !

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Andy wrote:Started early fri morning for me after a few stops on the way I arrived at tea time, had a bite to eat for tea then out for a beer or 6 :o :lol: . Sat morning popped up to see my father then off to the match, had a couple of beers before the game in the Marquee then the match, it was my 1st ever game I had been to where the North Stand was packed what an atmosphere my head is still thumping from that drum ! :lol: was gonna go out at night but by the time I got back to my digs I was cream crackered (must be something to do with my age !) set off home this morning at 10am and arrived back about 4pm........750 mile round trip well worth it won't be able to make the home leg but sure as hell will be at daggers for the away leg.
Andy

Great news, glad you got home safe, tell me, was the road busy today :?:
Might need to know for next week ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Nice one. See you there.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Andy » Sun May 09, 2010 4:28 pm

roads were reasonbly busy, I used the M6 toll southbound (totally clear) I then use the A14 to M11 (no probs there) but where the M11 joins the M25 theres contra flow and got held up for about 15 mins there otherwise straight thru
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby parceldave » Sun May 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Andy wrote:Started early fri morning for me after a few stops on the way I arrived at tea time, had a bite to eat for tea then out for a beer or 6 :o :lol: . Sat morning popped up to see my father then off to the match, had a couple of beers before the game in the Marquee then the match, it was my 1st ever game I had been to where the North Stand was packed what an atmosphere my head is still thumping from that drum ! :lol: was gonna go out at night but by the time I got back to my digs I was cream crackered (must be something to do with my age !) set off home this morning at 10am and arrived back about 4pm........750 mile round trip well worth it won't be able to make the home leg but sure as hell will be at daggers for the away leg.
Andy

Nice to see an OLD Carnfoth High chap yesterday , i always thought i was a couple of years above you , but you recognised me straight away , so obviously i havn't changed much :lol: :lol: :lol: . Dont know if im going to Daggers yet, but i will have a pint with you at WEMBLEY ;) if there's a Weatherspoons nearby :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby Andy » Sun May 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Ha ha the face behind the name !!!! :lol: you were 1 year above me I would say, yes I recognised you straight away, beer at Wembley ? oh yes LOL
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

(
Nice to see an OLD Carnfoth High chap yesterday , i always thought i was a couple of years above you , but you recognised me straight away , so obviously i havn't changed much :lol: :lol: :lol: . Dont know if im going to Daggers yet, but i will have a pint with you at WEMBLEY ;) if there's a Weatherspoons nearby :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Who could ever forget your ugly mug Dave.lol
Great to see you as always Andy. See you for the next reunion at Wembley.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Andy » Sun May 09, 2010 11:01 pm

I bet Dave has googled weatherspoons by now to find one near Wembley ! if and only IF we get there maybe I'll have to book a stayover in London that night :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby parceldave » Mon May 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Andy wrote:I bet Dave has googled weatherspoons by now to find one near Wembley ! if and only IF we get there maybe I'll have to book a stayover in London that night :lol:

When we get there i think we could be staying in London too that night :o . Only if you know a Weathers that does accommodation . :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Return to General Discussion