Baz Roche

Baz Roche

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Get him signed up what ever the cost.

The guy single handed got us the points today (and other days) to ensure a final day play off chance AND the possibility of a cash pay out at Wembley.

He will one day go to a higher club. If we give him a 2 year contract it could well be money in the bank for us.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Baz Roche

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat May 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Player of the season no doubt
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat May 01, 2010 5:12 pm

I agree on both accounts
Blackpool Shrimp

3rd ed on both accounts

Postby Arnside Red » Sat May 01, 2010 5:14 pm

by far the player of the season
Arnside Red

Postby al1 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:38 pm

got to agree with CC,barry should get whatever he wants.please get him signed up.
al1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Just on my way back from the game now, Barry made at least three top draw saves.

I know rightly people hold Joe Lewis in high regard after his brief tenure, but for me Barry has now surpassed him. He has performed to a high standard week in, week out since his arrival. His consistency is unmatched in the squad.

Age may be against him in terms of getting right to the very top, but right here right now he is the best keeper I've seen in a morecambe shirt.
RedRedWine1

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Made 4 TOP draw saves and no doubt he was the difference today - defo player of season.

Duffy looked a handful, Drummond and Haining showed composure and retained the ball well

and then there's The Moose!!

Excellent 3 points and a great turnout of Shrimps - can't wait until next Saturday!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 pm

we have to get him signed up now even if it cost that little bit more
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 01, 2010 8:42 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:we have to get him signed up now even if it cost that little bit more

And how much are you prepared to pay???????????
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:we have to get him signed up now even if it cost that little bit more

£3k a week :oops:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 01, 2010 8:44 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

the price of my season ticket
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:Get him signed up what ever the cost.

The guy single handed got us the points today (and other days) to ensure a final day play off chance AND the possibility of a cash pay out at Wembley.

He will one day go to a higher club. If we give him a 2 year contract it could well be money in the bank for us.

Baz was exceptional without doubt, but to say "single handed" is O.T.T. Baz has great quality but it is a team game ;)

The Club will have strict guidelines so "at any cost" would be out of the question 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 pm

i hope we dont lose him for the sake penny pinching over a few quid or a extra year on his contract aslong as we have a fair compromise by meeting him half-way it's all we can do with our resources and we could always give him a get out clause in his contract if a championship club comes in for him or if somebody bids more than a certain amount ?

as am getting a bit worried to be honest the signs dont look good
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Mon May 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Could it be that " A Special announcement" is being saved for Friday or Saturday, to get the weekend off to a flying start? 8-) 8-) 8-) ( i hope so)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Morecambe Player » Mon May 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Purely personal point of view, and I've held back from posting on here about the Barry situation, but I've obviously spoken to Barry a fair bit this season and last so would offer the following observations. This isn't, however, from any insider knowledge point of view because I genuinely don't know what the current contract situation is. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't publicise it.

What I would say about Barry is that firstly, he's an ambitious guy, and would want to play at the highest level possible, and no one would blame any player for that. Just look at Thommo, Perks, Chris Blackburn, Carl Baker and Danny Carlton to know that favourite players can go on to clubs in a higher league. So if Barry did go to a higher league club, I'm sure everyone would agree that he deserves to play higher and if he did go, he would go with our best wishes.

But, what I also know, is that if it came to pass that Barry was to stay here, from what I know about Barry in terms of how he strikes me as a person I don't think he's the type of person who would hold the club to ransom. Any contract issue would be resolved amicably, I'm certain of that. I'm also fairly certain that he wouldn't turn down a contract offer here to go to another League 2 club for more as he wouldn't be bettering himself. He knows the size of the club, and knows what our budgets are.

I believe the only thing holding things up, is where we might be next season, and what other offers are on the table from clubs higher in the league. It might even be the case that if we stay in League 2, that he still wants to stay, I don't know. If we did go up, I'd be fairly confident that he'd stay. It might be that clubs in League 1 have offered terms, but he'd rather play for us in League 1. In which case, this would make him a bigger legend than he is already.

I think we just have to sit tight and see which league we're in next season, and if it's still League 2, hope that he wants to get us promoted next season. If not, and he moves higher, then he will leave us with our best wishes with some great memories of him as a Morecambe player.
Morecambe Player

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:Purely personal point of view, and I've held back from posting on here about the Barry situation, but I've obviously spoken to Barry a fair bit this season and last so would offer the following observations. This isn't, however, from any insider knowledge point of view because I genuinely don't know what the current contract situation is. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't publicise it.

What I would say about Barry is that firstly, he's an ambitious guy, and would want to play at the highest level possible, and no one would blame any player for that. Just look at Thommo, Perks, Chris Blackburn, Carl Baker and Danny Carlton to know that favourite players can go on to clubs in a higher league. So if Barry did go to a higher league club, I'm sure everyone would agree that he deserves to play higher and if he did go, he would go with our best wishes.

But, what I also know, is that if it came to pass that Barry was to stay here, from what I know about Barry in terms of how he strikes me as a person I don't think he's the type of person who would hold the club to ransom. Any contract issue would be resolved amicably, I'm certain of that. I'm also fairly certain that he wouldn't turn down a contract offer here to go to another League 2 club for more as he wouldn't be bettering himself. He knows the size of the club, and knows what our budgets are.

I believe the only thing holding things up, is where we might be next season, and what other offers are on the table from clubs higher in the league. It might even be the case that if we stay in League 2, that he still wants to stay, I don't know. If we did go up, I'd be fairly confident that he'd stay. It might be that clubs in League 1 have offered terms, but he'd rather play for us in League 1. In which case, this would make him a bigger legend than he is already.

I think we just have to sit tight and see which league we're in next season, and if it's still League 2, hope that he wants to get us promoted next season. If not, and he moves higher, then he will leave us with our best wishes with some great memories of him as a Morecambe player.

That's you out of a job then Lance ! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Player » Mon May 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Well actually both as a Morecambe player and with Morecambe Player, for those who heard him co commentating with us.
Morecambe Player

Return to General Discussion