Can we really

Can we really

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 pm

really afford to go into l1???????

im not sure if mfc director(s) want to.....
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Can we really

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Where do you get that from?

Never read so much tosh lately as that!

It may never come round again.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sat May 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Why how much do you have to pay to enter League 1?

If anything with a new stadium coming, now would be a great time attendances would be at an all time high especially away attendances.

Worst thread in a long time, its saturday go play in the rain :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby scar » Sat May 01, 2010 6:44 pm

The new Stadium generating other revenue streams other than football will undoubtadly help the financial position of the club going forward, the board we currently have are an excellent group who work tirelessly for the club without much in the way of praise. To then come on and declare that they don't want to gain promotion for the club would be a bit like a slap in their face really, everything they have done is forward thinking/looking and just for one moment it would be nice if we could all applaud them for this.

Should we make the play offs and should we be successful then I am sure there will be one hell of a party in the board room :D
scar

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Where do you get that from?

It may never come round again

If anything with a new stadium coming, now would be a great time attendances would be at an all time high especially away attendances.

Worst thread in a long time, its saturday go play in the rain

Read the thread once again

the director(s) at mfc thats morecambe football club dont want to progess to l1 this season

if you have any information to the issue please feel fit to inform me,until you have, keep your snide remarks to yourself

and yes i do like playing in the rain.......................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Splodge » Sat May 01, 2010 6:48 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:the director(s) at mfc thats morecambe football club dont want to progess to l1 this season

Well having looked at the directors' box after the Daggers game, and after today's game, I wouldn't agree with that sentiment.
Splodge

Postby theprisoner » Sun May 02, 2010 12:24 am

shrimpnsave wrote: the director(s) at mfc thats morecambe football club dont want to progess to l1 this season

Why should they? Its hardly mouthwatering is it? What with the likes of Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday or Crystal Palace, Carlisle, plus one of Leeds, Charlton or Millwall and a few more.

I'm almost certain the board are really looking forward to Stevenage Borough instead :roll:
"You are Number Six." "I am not a number — I am a free man!"
theprisoner

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 2:42 am

Is this Ned under a different name? Surely even going up to L1 and the worst case of getting relegated would be better than staying in L2 for another season? I can't see how getting promoted would be a bad thing whatsoever. In fact I can barely believe where we are in the league and doing so well. After watching Conference football for so long then getting to pretty much expecting play off positions in the league is great stuff.

Anyhow, on a sepaerate issue, does anyone else think that if we'd lost to Exeter that day that we'd have walked to the conference title the next season? The performance of our back four in the last few league games and play offs convinced me we would. York away in the playoffs Bentley and Blackburn were rock solid.
durhamshrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

shrimpnsave wrote:Where do you get that from?

the director(s) at mfc thats morecambe football club dont want to progess to l1 this season

if you have any information to the issue please feel fit to inform me,until you have, keep your snide remarks to yourself

Child!

Wembley, here we come!

E.on League 1 here we come!
durhamshrimp

Postby Harry » Sun May 02, 2010 6:30 am

durhamshrimp wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:Where do you get that from?

Child!

Wembley, here we come!

E.on League 1 here we come!

npower ;)

Heard a commentator say the other day 'The Axa sponsored FA Cup' :lol:
Harry

Postby John L » Mon May 03, 2010 12:10 pm

theprisoner wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote: the director(s) at mfc thats morecambe football club dont want to progess to l1 this season

Why should they? Its hardly mouthwatering is it? What with the likes of Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday or Crystal Palace, Carlisle, plus one of Leeds, Charlton or Millwall and a few more.

I'm almost certain the board are really looking forward to Stevenage Borough instead :roll:

....and, worse still, Bradford City! I mean, isn't it an absolute disgrace how we should still be in the same division as that tinpot club?
John L

Postby ezz » Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Why are they snide comments? I havn't heard or read any direct quotes from our directors about not wanting to go up. Why wouldn't they us to go up?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Any true fan wants their team to progress to raise the profile of the club and town. As for the board without them there wouldnt be a club. There should be statue of Mr Morecambe , as in Mr Rod Taylor the likes of his love for this club got them in the football league and now there knocking on the door of the 3rd tier of the English League,Hats off to all involved this town needs anouther lift. :D :D :D Carry on with your great work :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:Any true fan wants their team to progress to raise the profile of the club and town. As for the board without them there wouldnt be a club. There should be statue of Mr Morecambe , as in Mr Rod Taylor the likes of his love for this club got them in the football league and now there knocking on the door of the 3rd tier of the English League,Hats off to all involved this town needs anouther lift. :D :D :D Carry on with your great work :D

If there was another statue the holidaymakers would be totally confused!! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon May 03, 2010 1:04 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Stanley Bowles wrote:Any true fan wants their team to progress to raise the profile of the club and town. As for the board without them there wouldnt be a club. There should be statue of Mr Morecambe , as in Mr Rod Taylor the likes of his love for this club got them in the football league and now there knocking on the door of the 3rd tier of the English League,Hats off to all involved this town needs anouther lift. :D :D :D Carry on with your great work :D

If there was another statue the holidaymakers would be totally confused!! :lol:

We will just put his arms in a different position :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Return to General Discussion