Citizen full-time report

Citizen full-time report

Postby Matt Donlan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Matt Donlan

Re: Citizen full-time report

Postby marky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Matt, you may not agree with people panicing, but to actively attack and patronise those people in your report is out of order in my view. It's a match report, not an opinion column. Other than that, good report.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Neil G » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 pm

marky wrote:Matt, you may not agree with people panicing, but to actively attack and patronise those people in your report is out of order in my view. It's a match report, not an opinion column. Other than that, good report.

What part of the report did you find actively attacking and patronising ? :roll:
Neil G

Postby Martin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:17 pm

It isn’t a crisis – and the harbingers of doom would do well to remember that Morecambe were handed a tough start to their second League campaign and Dagenham are unbeaten so far.

Those facts are easily forgotten by those doom merchants. And for long periods, the Shrimps were not bad. In fact, they were anything but.

I think he meant this bit. Not doubting what is being said here, but it is a side swipe at a section of fans who are pretty nervous right now. "harbingers of doom" and "doom merchants" could be construed as patronising comments. I think the article could have portrayed similar sentiments without the implied criticism.
Last edited by Martin on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Postby slackAlice » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 pm

It isn’t a crisis – and the harbingers of doom would do well to remember that Morecambe were handed a tough start to their second League campaign and Dagenham are unbeaten so far.

Those facts are easily forgotten by those doom merchants.

I'm not sure whether you could call it 'attacking or patronising' ; but I thought when I first read it ' why put it in' , maybe he was in earshot of some 'hecklers' ? I don't believe we were handed a 'tough start' - Wycombe maybe , where we actually played well and could of won. But the next 3 games we[or most?] might of thought we would pick up a few points. You lose 2 home games and some supporters are going to 'vent their spleen'. The 'tough start' is hindsight .... its tough because we only have 1 point from 4 games.
slackAlice

Return to General Discussion