Last match of the season

Last match of the season

Postby tony » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

From Tony Riley- Safety Officer.

For everyones information, I agree that the last match of the season (if it is Aldershot) will be an emotional occasion. I have suggested that at the final whistle the players and officials are allowed off the pitch, and supporters should remain in the stands/seated areas. Our players will then come out for a lap of honour and supporters are then able to show their support.
When they have left the pitch I will instruct stewards to open the yellow emergency gates and supporters will be allowed onto the pitch. This will protect the safety of the players and will allow more celebrations for fans. This suggestion has been accepted by directors and the FA. I hope that this will ensure we do not have a 'wild' pitch invasion which could cause injury to supporters and leave us open to adverse comment. Your help on this day would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony.

PS - I have had nothing but good comments from other clubs during the season for the behaviour of Morecambe supporters. Thanks once again.

Tony.
tony

Re: Last match of the season

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Can't be fairer than that, Tony. I presume that is the Official stance in which case the info will be given over the P.A. pre match.

Great organisation by M.F.C. I.M.O. :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby tony » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Yes,

This is the official stance and announcements will be made over the PA. I am also going to include this in the matchday programme.

Tony
tony

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm

this seems to be the best way to go about it rather that have people running onto the pitch at full time and getting the club a fine
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 pm

That would appear to be a very good solution, the only fly in the ointment might be the Aldershot fans who may decide to do their own pitch invasion if they secure a play off spot, we have seen it before with both Dagenham and Shrewsbury supporters.

Maybe if this information was put out over the tannoy system before and towards the end of the match then they might refrain from coming onto the pitch, they might not anyway but its best to be prepared.
steve mfc

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

tony wrote:and supporters should remain in the stands/seated areas.

That's gonna be hard if because of that match we get into the playoffs :? !
Little Shrimp

Postby marky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm

How hard is it not to charge onto a pitch?!?!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Well done Morecambe FC - I for one would love to walk on the pitch after the final game (maybe!) and this to me demonstrates the respect the club shows for its fans - very refreshing in this day and age to see a club think of the fans rather than earning a quick buck.

I think this also takes all the potential stresses out of the situation as everyone knows where they stand - just keep the away fans off OUR pitch win, lose or draw and it will be a great day.
:D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
tony wrote:and supporters should remain in the stands/seated areas.

That's gonna be hard if because of that match we get into the playoffs :? !

yeah it's not hard, as above the club will allow us on the pitch once the morecambe players have done a lap of honor and left the pitch, i think that the club have done a great thing here!!
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 pm

steve mfc wrote:That would appear to be a very good solution, the only fly in the ointment might be the Aldershot fans who may decide to do their own pitch invasion if they secure a play off spot, we have seen it before with both Dagenham and Shrewsbury supporters.

Maybe if this information was put out over the tannoy system before and towards the end of the match then they might refrain from coming onto the pitch, they might not anyway but its best to be prepared.

maybe for putting this on the Aldershot forum as well if anyone has an account
heysham_mfc

Postby Dragofly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:24 pm

tony wrote:Yes,

This is the official stance and announcements will be made over the PA. I am also going to include this in the matchday programme.

Tony

How much is this programme, and where can I get one?
Dragofly

Postby Keith » Tue May 04, 2010 6:32 pm

The following announcement is now on the official web site:
http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 39,00.html

Keep off the pitch plea
Posted on: Tue 04 May 2010

THE Shrimps' Head of Security has asked Morecambe fans to stay off the pitch after Saturday's game if the club clinch a play-off spot.

Tony Riley said: "Due to the win at Shrewsbury we now have a chance of progressing into the play offs which would be huge for the club.

"If, due to Saturday's results we are to do this, I would ask that supporters DO NOT come onto the pitch in order to preserve it for a very important last match at Christie Park.

"PA announcements will be made advising supporters of our position throughout the second half of the match on Saturday. Your understanding and tolerance will be very much appreciated in this matter.

"Should we progress, it would be a great shame if the team are not allowed to play their normal game due to a damaged pitch. Announcements will be made during and after the play off game advising supporters about gaining entry to the pitch.''
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion