Our good friend... Tony Roberts

Our good friend... Tony Roberts

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

...Tony Roberts will be returing to Christie Park tommorow :)
heysham_mfc

Re: Our good friend...

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 pm

i for one think he's a great character and enjoys the banter with the North Stand. I hope we give him a great reception tomorrow.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Love him or hate him Tony Roberts is pure entertainment. Our history with him goes back way into the Conference days and he broke our hearts in the penalty shoot out a few years ago. However whatever the result tomorrow my son and I intend to give him a rousing reception and send off because he surely can't go on much longer at his age (40+)?. He is one of the few real characters in football nowadays and tomorrow may be his last appearance following many in Morecambe.

He is a very good keeper, plays the game with a smile on his face and gives us a laugh. I hope he gets a great reception from all of us..................... and then we stuff them!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm

With all credit to Posh circa 2004
Attachments
TONY ROBERTS.jpg
TONY ROBERTS.jpg (15.81 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
BEAKER.jpg
BEAKER.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
Mark S

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Love him or hate him Tony Roberts is pure entertainment. Our history with him goes back way into the Conference days and he broke our hearts in the penalty shoot out a few years ago. However whatever the result tomorrow my son and I intend to give him a rousing reception and send off because he surely can't go on much longer at his age (40+)?. He is one of the few real characters in football nowadays and tomorrow may be his last appearance following many in Morecambe.

He is a very good keeper, plays the game with a smile on his face and gives us a laugh. I hope he gets a great reception from all of us..................... and then we stuff them!

Can't imagine anyone hating him Col. Rises above all the stick he gets and takes everything in good humour. He's broken our hearts in the past but has given us so much entertainment he'll get a rousing reception on what may be the last time we see him (but I wouldn't bet on it).

I wouldn't mind having him as a guest of honour some time - absolute legend.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Our good friend... Tony Roberts

Postby John L » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Funny you should mention that, Mark....
Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew.JPG
Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew.JPG (61.66 KiB) Viewed 1595 times

John_Still.jpg
John_Still.jpg (46.42 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
John L

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Only enjoys the banter whilst his team aren't losing, good at giving it out but poor taking it.
Ask anyone who went to Daggenham last season :!:
He was giving us loads until we got our second with him at our end, he even moved to the very edge of the box to get away - that's right innit Hodgy :?:
morecambe mick

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 am

I had a chat with Tony Roberts a couple of season ago and he's a fantastic bloke. I told him it was I who posted the photos comparing him with Beaker. He went on to tell me that in the week after the thread appeared he was at QPR, where he's a goalkeeping coach. After a training session with the youth team they all went back into the dressing rooms and there stuck to his locker was a five foot high blown up image of Beaker. The power of the internet.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 am

P.S. Talking of the 'power of the internet'. I've just found out about the financial position of a Morecambe seafront business from a man living in Belarus posting on the Daggers messageboard. Weird.

http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=153799
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am

morecambe mick wrote:Only enjoys the banter whilst his team aren't losing, good at giving it out but poor taking it.
He was giving us loads until we got our second with him at our end, he even moved to the very edge of the box to get away - that's right innit Hodgy :?:

i remember that mick, he were'nt in such a good mood that day, hopefully today will be different! well untill we are 2 nil up anyways :lol:
thegentlegiant

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Only enjoys the banter whilst his team aren't losing, good at giving it out but poor taking it.

Thought he was very quiet today and understand where your coming from. Ithink the pressure put on him by the north stand was to much hahaha
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Though Roberts was awful today! His banter as still good though not as good as last season but thats understandable with so much to play for with both clubs going for the play offs.
heysham_mfc

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Always look forward to Froggit v the Shrimps vocals .Went to Ireland to see semi pro internationals, were he was in goals for Wales .I went to one random game in Roy Keenes home town Cohn Ramblers ,were Wales were playing Scotland. TR came out with a fine crowd of 50 were i placed a 10 foot Morecambe flag behind the goal were he defended 1st half and let 4 goals in . Head in hands after a bit of a banter ,he shouted i carnt believe Morecambe have stalked me all the way to Ireland ,hats off to him long may he continue playing and entertaining He will Always be welcome in our bar for apint :lol: :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:Always look forward to Froggit v the Shrimps vocals .Went to Ireland to see semi pro internationals, were he was in goals for Wales .I went to one random game in Roy Keenes home town Cohn Ramblers ,were Wales were playing Scotland. TR came out with a fine crowd of 50 were i placed a 10 foot Morecambe flag behind the goal were he defended 1st half and let 4 goals in . Head in hands after a bit of a banter ,he shouted i carnt believe Morecambe have stalked me all the way to Ireland ,hats off to him long may he continue playing and entertaining He will Always be welcome in our bar for apint :lol: :D :D :D

:lol: How many times have i heard that now?

What bar is that, the Pig and Rooster? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Stanley Bowles wrote:Always look forward to Froggit v the Shrimps vocals .Went to Ireland to see semi pro internationals, were he was in goals for Wales .I went to one random game in Roy Keenes home town Cohn Ramblers ,were Wales were playing Scotland. TR came out with a fine crowd of 50 were i placed a 10 foot Morecambe flag behind the goal were he defended 1st half and let 4 goals in . Head in hands after a bit of a banter ,he shouted i carnt believe Morecambe have stalked me all the way to Ireland ,hats off to him long may he continue playing and entertaining He will Always be welcome in our bar for apint :lol: :D :D :D

:lol: How many times have i heard that now?

What bar is that, the Pig and Rooster? :lol:

Now then lad steady just sharing a few war stories :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Curly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Spoke to Tony Roberts after the game, told him we'd miss his banter next year as we'd be in
League one. He laughed and asked, "so you think you'll get there, eh?"
"Absolutely", i replied. :D
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 am

Posh wrote:P.S. Talking of the 'power of the internet'. I've just found out about the financial position of a Morecambe seafront business from a man living in Belarus posting on the Daggers messageboard. Weird.

http://daggers.ytfc.com/daggers.mpl?id=153799

Yeah I saw that on Friday

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7100&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion