Player of the Year?

Player of the Year?

Postby outsider » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm

With only 3 weeks left of the season, Will Shrimpsvoices be doing a player of the year this season at awards night?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: Player of the Year?

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

outsider wrote:With only 3 weeks left of the season, Will Shrimpsvoices be doing a player of the year this season at awards night?

I believe so, and if memory serves right the winner of the shrimpsvoices season predictor will get to give the player his award!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
thegentlegiant

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Winner is Roche, Parrish maybe recently but Roche wins hands down
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Aal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Surely Haining...the man's been quality at the back every game!
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Aal wrote:Surely Haining...the man's been quality at the back every game!

he's been out with to many injuries to justify it to be honest, although he is a key player for us!!

1st Roche

2nd Wilson

3rd Parrish (certainly the most improved player without a doubt but am not really all that surprised, i thought he showed promise when we first signed him and am glad he stayed patient with SM to wait and take his chance in the first team)
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:22 pm

It's got to be Baz saved us many times this season and hope there is some more news about a new contract soon.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:
outsider wrote:With only 3 weeks left of the season, Will Shrimpsvoices be doing a player of the year this season at awards night?

I believe so, and if memory serves right the winner of the shrimpsvoices season predictor will get to give the player his award!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Memory almost right... but not quite. That was me saying stuff without discussing it with other folk. I think (although I'm sure someone will check!) that I said 'perhaps', if I didn't then I apologies. I'll buy them a pint or two.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:01 am

heysham_mfc wrote:It's got to be Baz saved us many times this season and hope there is some more news about a new contract soon.

to right! after any chance of promotion, news of Baz and a new contract is certainly the next best thing what could happen
George Dawes

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 am

1st - Parrish
2nd - Baz
3rd - Wilson
thegentlegiant

Postby ockers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 am

Pleny to go at
Jevons Mullin and Drummond 40 goals between them
Wilson and Parrish excellent this year
Roche solid and some great performances
Wayno 26 used sub appearances this season nearly 60 in the football league for us great team player and 4 goals off 100 for the club
ockers

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am

Wilson has had some amazing performances but has played a more withdrawn role recently and not been noticed as much. Couldn't argue with him getting it though.
Roche, again very solid, brought us a lot of points and I hope we can secure him on a long contract.
Haining has looked quality - slipped up a bit very recently - but otherwise a very good season when fit. Again, couldn't argue with him being chosen.
Mullin has given 100% every game and has been immense this past few weeks. Still looks strong in the last minute of the game, which for a 35-year-old is some going.

But for me it'd be Parrish. Had to bide his time, only used as cover for a while then played in three different positions. Kept working at it and just happy to be selected, when selected. Great attitude.

Then forced his way into a situation where he couldn't be left out. Has made some incredibly precise tackles inside the area and shown great energy both defensively and further up the field.

Nearly every game, when I'm thinking about Man of the Match it's usually 'well it's either Parrish or....' and nearly every time the 'or.....' gets it because Andy's been quietly effective rather than eye-catching to sponsors who sometimes aren't quite so familiar with the players.
But he's in the top two or three almost every single game.

He'd be my selection..... just.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 am

shrimper wrote:Wilson has had some amazing performances but has played a more withdrawn role recently and not been noticed as much.

He's certianly won Goal of the Season for me :D

Close call for the P.O.S. with 3 or 4 genuine contenders. However these last 3 games pan out it's been a great season for M.F.C.

May the celebrations continue :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I'd give it to Wilson.
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 pm

1. Roche
2. Wilson
3. Parrish