Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competition

Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competition

Postby Morecambe FC » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:14 am

On Sunday May 9th, MFC Community Sports are holding a Family Fun Day at Christie Park. There will be lots to keep the kids entertained and with the Chairmans permission we are going to run a 5-a-side competition on the hallowed turf. 4 pitches will be marked out for the day and we can accommodate a maximum of 32 teams. It will be a round robin competition with 4 leagues of 8 teams. Match duration will be 10 minutes one way with the top 2 teams, from each league, progressing to the Quarter Finals. Teams are to be made up of a maximum of 8 players and all players must be over 16, anyone looking younger than their age must bring proof of age (passport or birth certificate). The entrance fee for the 5-a-side is £100 per team. The winners will receive the Christie Cup (donated to the Club by the man himself) and also the fantastic prize of a table of 10, for the players and helpers, in hospitality at the first game played at The Globe Arena. Runners up prizes of match tickets and merchandise will be presented down to the losing semi finalists.

This is a great opportunity to say you have not only played on the Christie Park pitch but that you were one of the last to do so. GEt the boss to enter a works team or get together with some mates for a bit of fun. A great way to run off the hangover from the celebratiuons of the day/night before.

More information and entry forms are available from the MFC Community Office at CP or by ringing Janet Preston or Michael Stringfellow on 01524 412125 or 01524 411797. We are expecting to fill the quota of teams very quickly so don't delay.

Commercial dept.
FunDay_web_aw (2).jpg
FunDay_web_aw (2).jpg (204.28 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
Last edited by Morecambe FC on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morecambe FC

Re: Sunday May 9th

Postby outsider » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:24 am

IF we need the pitch for 1 more game after the 8th will the 5-a-side still be on the pitch?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Morecambe FC » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 am

I'm sure that the groundstaff won't be delighted with the extra work it will cause should they need to prepare for an extra game. It is however all in a weeks work for these lads, the opportunity to get the fans playing and gaining bragging rights over each other, over rules any other issues**.

Commercial dept.

** Should we get silly levels of rainfall either leading up to or during that weekend, the groundstaff will make the final decision regarding where the competition takes place, should we have another game to play on CP.

(Commercial Director dotting I's and crossing T's)
Morecambe FC

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:51 am

Morecambe FC wrote:I'm sure that the groundstaff won't be delighted with the extra work it will cause should they need to prepare for an extra game. It is however all in a weeks work for these lads, the opportunity to get the fans playing and gaining bragging rights over each other, over rules any other issues.

Commercial dept.

Maybe there should be some regulation on footwear for the 5 a side.

i.e .Steeltoecap Slippers. ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am

Morecambe FC wrote:On Sunday May 9th, MFC Community Sports are holding a Family Fun Day at Christie Park. There will be lots to keep the kids entertained and with the Chairmans permission we are going to run a 5-a-side competition on the hallowed turf. 4 pitches will be marked out for the day and we can accommodate a maximum of 32 teams. It will be a round robin competition with 4 leagues of 8 teams. Match duration will be 10 minutes one way with the top 2 teams, from each league, progressing to the Quarter Finals. Teams are to be made up of a maximum of 8 players and all players must be over 16, anyone looking younger than their age must bring proof of age (passport or birth certificate). The entrance fee for the 5-a-side is £100 per team. The winners will receive the Christie Cup (donated to the Club by the man himself) and also the fantastic prize of a table of 10, for the players and helpers, in hospitality at the first game played at The Globe Arena. Runners up prizes of match tickets and merchandise will be presented down to the losing semi finalists.

This is a great opportunity to say you have not only played on the Christie Park pitch but that you were one of the last to do so. GEt the boss to enter a works team or get together with some mates for a bit of fun. A great way to run off the hangover from the celebratiuons of the day/night before.

More information and entry forms are available from the MFC Community Office at CP or by ringing Janet Preston or Michael Stringfellow on 01524 412125 or 01524 411797. We are expecting to fill the quota of teams very quickly so don't delay.

Commercial dept.
FunDay_web_aw (2).jpg

Booked my team with Rod yesterday, I shall now be on a mission to find some volunteers! It appears most are concerned about the 10.30 a.m. start as the previous days celebrations might overrun a bit :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Morecambe FC wrote:On Sunday May 9th, MFC Community Sports are holding a Family Fun Day at Christie Park. There will be lots to keep the kids entertained and with the Chairmans permission we are going to run a 5-a-side competition on the hallowed turf. 4 pitches will be marked out for the day and we can accommodate a maximum of 32 teams. It will be a round robin competition with 4 leagues of 8 teams. Match duration will be 10 minutes one way with the top 2 teams, from each league, progressing to the Quarter Finals. Teams are to be made up of a maximum of 8 players and all players must be over 16, anyone looking younger than their age must bring proof of age (passport or birth certificate). The entrance fee for the 5-a-side is £100 per team. The winners will receive the Christie Cup (donated to the Club by the man himself) and also the fantastic prize of a table of 10, for the players and helpers, in hospitality at the first game played at The Globe Arena. Runners up prizes of match tickets and merchandise will be presented down to the losing semi finalists.

Commercial dept.
FunDay_web_aw (2).jpg

Booked my team with Rod yesterday, I shall now be on a mission to find some volunteers! It appears most are concerned about the 10.30 a.m. start as the previous days celebrations might overrun a bit :lol:

Can I be your Director of Football for the day? After all I know everything about football....Formations; Players; Tactics; Who to play where. You name it, I know it all.....:?: :?: :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively I could always be the drinks man!
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:Can I be your Director of Football for the day? After all I know everything about football....Formations; Players; Tactics; Who to play where. You name it, I know it all.....:?: :?: :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you had said goalkeeper you may have signed up as I could just lay you across the goal line and the opposition would never score! :lol:

As Director of Football it will be useful to have a reliable water supply ;)

As it says on the tin it should be a fun day :D
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe FC » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Have you entered your team yet? Get the boss to stump up the entry or maybe the landlord at your local might be willing to enter a team. Pressgang some mates, just think of the bragging rights if you won the "Christie Cup".

A full hospitality day out at the first game held at the Globe Arena awaits the victors. I will throw in a couple of rounds of beers to get the party started on the day.

This really is an opportunity not to be missed. MFC Community sports think they have a team to beat all comers. Play on the hallowed turf. Bring the wife, partner and all the kids along for a family day out. Dads you might need them at the end of the day to help you into the car once that hamstring has finally given way.

Entry forms are available from the Community Sports office at the ground, call 01524 412125 if you need any further information.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Re: Family Fun Day & 5-A-Side competion

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 pm

If the community sports are entering I don't think many people will bother.

Who'd want to play against the likes of Zico, Stringy, or Taylor?
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:44 pm

They'd get played off the park dont worry :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Morecambe FC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:14 am

morecambe mick wrote:If the community sports are entering I don't think many people will bother.

I for one would "love it" to pinch a quote from Kevin Keegan, if me at 44 and my mates give them a good hiding. They will strut around but experience will win the day in the end.

As well as a little gentle persuasion, within the rules of course. ;) ;)

(Message to Stringy et al, put your money where your mouth is) :lol: :lol: 8-)

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Have the Fat Knackers Club got a team or two entered yet?

Just be thankful that 'The Exiles' aren't able to get together for the day :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm coming as a member of Mark's team, maybe the Callendar Caravans Cats or something like it, but 1030 the day after one of the biggest parties in the history of the club doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm not getting any younger or thinner.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:07 pm

morecambe mick wrote:If the community sports are entering I don't think many people will bother.

I'd love to play against Aaron Taylor. I'm only a defender (and 12 :P ) but I could still run rings around him.
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:27 pm

The Carnforth Callender Rangers :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby footballfan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:26 pm

shame its on the same day as the LUNE & DISTRICT Youth League end of season tournament which will involve all the local teams at u9, u10 & u11 as I am sur these would of loved to have been there :!:
footballfan

Postby outsider » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm

footballfan wrote:shame its on the same day as the LUNE & DISTRICT Youth League end of season tournament which will involve all the local teams at u9, u10 & u11 as I am sur these would of loved to have been there :!:

Teams are to be made up of a maximum of 8 players and all players must be over 16,

so as much as they would have loved it they would not have been able to enter anyway, which i think is a shame
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 am

outsider wrote:
footballfan wrote:shame its on the same day as the LUNE & DISTRICT Youth League end of season tournament which will involve all the local teams at u9, u10 & u11 as I am sur these would of loved to have been there :!:

Teams are to be made up of a maximum of 8 players and all players must be over 16,

so as much as they would have loved it they would not have been able to enter anyway, which i think is a shame

That counts me and many Dads out then. My son will be playing in that.
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm

That's me out too Mark :!: :(

I hadn't realised it was the same day. :evil:
morecambe mick

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 am

Mark S wrote:
outsider wrote:

That counts me and many Dads out then. My son will be playing in that.

It is very unfortunate that it clashes, but I guess any weekend will clash with something. Maybe you will be able to get down afterwards for the kids to enjoy the bouncy castles and for the adults to have a pint and a chuckle at what is happening in the 5-a-side.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:41 am

bigreddog wrote:I'm coming as a member of Mark's team, maybe the Callendar Caravans Cats or something like it, but 1030 the day after one of the biggest parties in the history of the club doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm not getting any younger or thinner.

heysham_mfc wrote:The Carnforth Callender Rangers :lol:

I thought the Callender Boys myself :o Which month do you want to be Darren? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am

I'll have to be December, as it's the month of my birth and it will take me that long to get up and down the pitch.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am

marky No.1 wrote:
bigreddog wrote:I'm coming as a member of Mark's team, maybe the Callendar Caravans Cats or something like it, but 1030 the day after one of the biggest parties in the history of the club doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm not getting any younger or thinner.

heysham_mfc wrote:The Carnforth Callender Rangers :lol:

I thought the Callender Boys myself :o Which month do you want to be Darren? :lol:

How about "Reg. of the Rovers" in memory of the late great RHC !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 am

bigreddog wrote:I'll have to be December, as it's the month of my birth and it will take me that long to get up and down the pitch.

And we all know what cold weather does to .... (no, I won't go there).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:How about "Reg. of the Rovers" in memory of the late great RHC !

It's 10 years now BTW :o
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion