Posh

Re: Saturday 10 April

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

THE

SHRIMPS

ARE

GOIN

UP
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Could be yet another defining day in the history of Morecambe Football Club. With three minutes to go on friday I thought the fat lady might be singing, by the end she wasn't even clearing her throat. now after a great result this afternoon, she isn't even on the stage. We are timing our run really well, belief is high, especially in my house.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

lessons must be learned though

Jevons was taken off after a reportedly ineffective game, then when Curtis switched center forward scored just about straight away

that lad bleeds MFC BLOOD!! and must start as center forward with Mullin ever game now, we need to play with passion every game now!!
George Dawes

Postby fletch_al » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:18 pm

bigreddog wrote:Could be yet another defining day in the history of Morecambe Football Club. With three minutes to go on friday I thought the fat lady might be singing, by the end she wasn't even clearing her throat. now after a great result this afternoon, she isn't even on the stage. We are timing our run really well, belief is high, especially in my house.

she not even fat yet! lol
fletch_al

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:21 pm

There's no doubt the lads are doing everything they can to keep us in the play off hunt. Just hope we the supporters can show the same belief and create the atmosphere we saw during the last 5 minutes of the Crewe match. That's the least we can do. Bring it on.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Dazzer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Looking objectively at the league table and the respective run-ins you would have us as outsiders

BUT

We are the form team of all those in and around the play-offs, after this weekend the confidence, and the spirit of the players must be sky high, they won't be fearing anyone.

Believe?! - maybe, just maybe
Dazzer

Postby steve mfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:There's no doubt the lads are doing everything they can to keep us in the play off hunt. Just hope we the supporters can show the same belief and create the atmosphere we saw during the last 5 minutes of the Crewe match. That's the least we can do. Bring it on.

Agreed, hopefully a good attendance as well.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm

how things stand after todays result probably a good extra 300/400 Morecambe fans
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 pm

That is the thing though. We may be classed as outsiders, but look at out run in. It IS all in our hands. I would much rather be playing these teams than the so called lesser teams in the division.

It's bloody exciting anyway no matter what happens!!
Sammy h

Postby steve mfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 pm

The remaining fixtures are very difficult but you never know in football anything is possible and we have sneaked into the playoffs late on in the season before.

The way we won the game last week must have given the team a huge lift and a great deal of self belief, the confidence and momentum is there and that counts for a lot at this stage of the season.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Saturday, 10 April 2010
Coca-Cola Football League Two
Morecambe v Rotherham, 15:00

Tuesday, 13 April 2010
Bradford v Morecambe, 19:45

Saturday, 17 April 2010
Notts County v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010
Morecambe v Dag & Red, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010
Shrewsbury v Morecambe, 15:00

Saturday, 8 May 2010
Morecambe v Aldershot, 15:00

it's about wining the 6 pointers now
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:42 pm

very though fixtures for our last 3 games but in we can beat Rotherham and Bradford and results go our way we will be in a very good possision
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Good result good result clap clap only 10 points of 3rd place 6 games to go come on morecambe go on this winning run continue it and nick 3rd.
Sorry came back from work and heard this result excellent 3 rd here we come start Curtis.
darrenlock

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:very though fixtures for our last 3 games but in we can beat Rotherham and Bradford and results go our way we will be in a very good possision

Err, last 3 games :? I have a funny feeling that Notts County won't be a walk in the park but then again neither will D+R and thinking about it Bradford or Rotherham. Lets just concentrate on 1 game at a time because i reckon thats what Sammy Mc will be saying to the lads.
nobbyshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:very though fixtures for our last 3 games but in we can beat Rotherham and Bradford and results go our way we will be in a very good possision

Err, last 3 games :? I have a funny feeling that Notts County won't be a walk in the park but then again neither will D+R and thinking about it Bradford or Rotherham. Lets just concentrate on 1 game at a time because i reckon thats what Sammy Mc will be saying to the lads.

Oh sorry I mean last 3 home games but we should get good attendances for those so hopefully pick up some vital points.
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Bugger, bugger, bugger, missing Rovrum and Bratfud due to sunshine seeking in the Med. really hope that the folk of the Bay area can now smell the play offs yet again and come out in force to back the team. We are on a roll but an extra thousand home fans on the gate on Saturday would surely help.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Bugger, bugger, bugger, missing Rovrum and Bratfud due to sunshine seeking in the Med. really hope that the folk of the Bay area can now smell the play offs yet again and come out in force to back the team. We are on a roll but an extra thousand home fans on the gate on Saturday would surely help.

good point

4 days to get the posters on walls.
lets get that north stand rocking just like it was at 16 55 last friday
halftimeresults

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm

DawZi wrote:lessons must be learned though

Jevons was taken off after a reportedly ineffective game, then when Curtis switched center forward scored just about straight away

that lad bleeds MFC BLOOD!! and must start as center forward with Mullin ever game now, we need to play with passion every game now!!

Curtis wasn't switched to centre forward, Hunter came on to shore up the mid-field as soon as he came on he sat infront of the defence.
Mullin was up front on his own.
Curtis just went on a mazy run taking on all who came in front of him. They showed inside to him and he took it, once close to the goal line he had a choice, shoot or take it into the corner, it was in stoppage time, he chose to shoot blasting the ball under their keeper into the far corner. Signed sealed delivered, 3 points in the bag. Thank you!

Jevons worked hard all game and was obviously getting tired before he was subbed.
morecambe mick

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

It's getting really exciting now, and I now expect the last few games at CP to rapidly increase attendance wise. The atmosphere against Crewe was nearly back to its best, and we're sure to create it again against Rotherham :)

Bring it on.
Crooky MFC

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Let's take it 1 game at a time, saturdays game against rotherham is a must win if we want a play-off place!!
thegentlegiant

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm

morecambe mick

Jevons worked hard all game and was obviously getting tired before he was subbed.

sorry, i dont belive you. (even if you did go to the game)

he's not that type of player, if you mean getting physical back with defenders and chasing the ball and closing players down etc he's not that type of player never as been for Morecambe certainly since the new year in any case

dispite his reputation his lack of goals will cost us a day out at Wembeley and possible promotion in my opinion but i hope am very very wrong
George Dawes

Postby mrg1309 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 pm

DawZi wrote:dispite his reputation his lack of goals will cost us a day out at Wembeley and possible promotion in my opinion but i hope am very very wrong

I'm sorry he may be out of form but I don't see how you can say Jevons is not scoring enough. Last season our top scorers had 10 goals each, this season Phil is on 17 and we haven't finished yet, I don't think it will be his fault if we miss out on the playoffs.
mrg1309

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

mrg1309 wrote:
DawZi wrote:dispite his reputation his lack of goals will cost us a day out at Wembeley and possible promotion in my opinion but i hope am very very wrong

I'm sorry he may be out of form but I don't see how you can say Jevons is not scoring enough. Last season our top scorers had 10 goals each, this season Phil is on 17 and we haven't finished yet, I don't think it will be his fault if we miss out on the playoffs.

am not saying it will be his fault dont! twist what am saying he just need's replacing

and how many penalty's as he had this season? and the midfield and team as more quality in creating chances this season compared to last
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

DawZi wrote:
morecambe mick

sorry, i dont belive you. (even if you did go to the game)

he's not that type of player, if you mean getting physical back with defenders and chasing the ball and closing players down etc he's not that type of player never as been for Morecambe certainly since the new year in any case

dispite his reputation his lack of goals will cost us a day out at Wembeley and possible promotion in my opinion but i hope am very very wrong

That sounds like you're blaming him to me.

Having said that, I don't think he's been firing this past month and I would rest him, too. Either Wayne or Duffy (playing in the free role behind Mullin).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Next

Return to General Discussion