Barry Roche

Barry Roche

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:54 am

I had the pleasure of a brief chat with Barry's mum & dad yesterday. His mum came up to me and asked if I had any photos of Barry "...his dad wouldn't come and ask, but I thought I would, you don't mind do you?"...

Happy to oblige! (I've got a good one from a previous match which I'll look for later when I have time)

They are really nice folks, so it was sad to read in Barry's column in the programme not only about the personal abuse that Barry experienced at Chesterfield but that his family were abused too, to an extent that they had to stop attending games. It makes me proud that Morecambe fans have always had such a great reputation for being friendly but also sad that this is unusual rather than the norm. Hopefully we'll see Barry's family at more games before the end of the season.

And if Barry's mum or dad read this, drop me an e-mail to keith.fitton@manx.net and I'll send a photo as promised.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Barry Roche

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:56 am

Finger tip save at Grimsby...

In a season of good saves, this was up there with the best!

I'll bet Barry's got an agent beavering away in the background, looking for the biggest wage packet, but hopefully after the tough time he's had elsewhere in the past, he'll decide his future is as a Morecambe player next season!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 am

i just hope we make him a offer he cant refuse he should be the highest earner at the club based on his performance's

extremely rare he puts a foot or should i say hand wrong
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 am

DawZi wrote:i just hope we make him a offer he cant refuse he should be the highest earner at the club based on his performance's

extremely rare he puts a foot or should i say hand wrong

I find it hard to remember even a single goal that could be put down to his mistake.

I just hope that the Board can do everything in their power to keep hold of Baz.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 am

Don't think he has been at fault for any goals this season he should be given a very good contract and we will just have to hope no big clubs come in for him.
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:38 am

I had whatever happens he decides to sign then we can get lots of money for him when a very decent club comes in for him.
Come no Baz your going to want at least 1 season in the new stadium. ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Minder » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Rumour mill has it that Aberdeen may be interested in him. Hope it's just a rumour...

Barry is a great keeper and I can see him becoming one of Morecambe's all time greats. Let's just hope we can hold on to him!
Christies Minder

Return to General Discussion