Nigel Clough

Nigel Clough

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:52 pm

He was at the match today with his son. No I'm not having you on I got his autograph. I didn't believe it when I was told but I found him and got his autograph.
Little Shrimp

Re: Nigel Clough

Postby ockers » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm

yes i saw him at half time too
Mark McGhee was there today too manager of Aberdeen
scouts from North End, Doncaster and Lincoln City as well amongst others
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

wonder if they were looking at any of our players
heysham_mfc

Postby mfcbro » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Nigel Clough was there to watch Donaldson left at 3-1 would have been surprised to learn to final score was 4-3
mfcbro

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:52 am

mfcbro wrote:Nigel Clough was there to watch Donaldson left at 3-1 would have been surprised to learn to final score was 4-3

A bloke who stands with us, Keith, was stood at a bus stop in Torrisholme on his way to the game when a large BMW pulled up alongside him and Nigel Clough leaned over to declare that his Sat Nav had sent him the wrong way and could Keith direct him to Christie Park. Keith told him he was on his way to the game so Nigel told him to hop in and gave him a lift in. Nigels young son was also in the car. Keith asked him why he had driven so far for the game and he wasn't giving much away with the reply (understandably) answering that they just fancied watching a game :lol:

When he related the tale I immediately thought that if had come to watch one of ours it might be Rochey. After that I was sort of hoping that Rochey would let a couple in but we would still win. Perfect day then!!

Not sure about Cloughy watching Donaldson. He's OK but not Championship class!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 am

Roche is a legend at Direby, but for all the wrong reasons. He conceeded a freak goal against the Rams whilst playing for Forest, the ball deflecting past him off a Kenco cup!
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
mfcbro wrote:Nigel Clough was there to watch Donaldson left at 3-1 would have been surprised to learn to final score was 4-3

A bloke who stands with us, Keith, was stood at a bus stop in Torrisholme on his way to the game when a large BMW pulled up alongside him and Nigel Clough leaned over to declare that his Sat Nav had sent him the wrong way and could Keith direct him to Christie Park. Keith told him he was on his way to the game so Nigel told him to hop in and gave him a lift in. Nigels young son was also in the car. Keith asked him why he had driven so far for the game and he wasn't giving much away with the reply (understandably) answering that they just fancied watching a game :lol:

When he related the tale I immediately thought that if had come to watch one of ours it might be Rochey. After that I was sort of hoping that Rochey would let a couple in but we would still win. Perfect day then!!

Not sure about Cloughy watching Donaldson. He's OK but not Championship class!!

:lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm

After managing him at Burton Albion, Clough is looking to take Jason Brayford (their right back and young captain with the ridiculous barnet) to Derby County

According to wikipedia :?
Harry

Return to General Discussion